brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Sliding Door Sill Cover

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover Empty
PostSubject: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:23 pm

I wanted to sort out the scuffing/scratching that happens to the sliding door sill on my Kombi. Whilst looking smart, I don't like the idea of drilling holes in the sill/floor to fit one of those aluminium trims you can buy. So I've come up with a custom solution. Using material very similar to that found in the cab door steps I've created a self-adhesive cover that is straightforward to fit, looks great and most importantly protects the sill. It also will stop feet from slipping on the sill when it's wet outside.

I asked a couple of members to trial them: irishman and stoneyuk and the response has been very positive. Having supplied them with the cover, they both fitted them to their Kombis and here are the results:

cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover Strip310
Stoneyuk elected to keep the full width of the strip and mate it to the laminate floor trim, thereby creating a water-tight edge.
Irishman chose to trim his strip to fit along the laminate floor edge. You can choose how you want to fit the cover.
cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover Img_0710

Max doesn't have laminate flooring so fitting the cover to my Kombi was very quick:
cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover Strip710

I've decided to offer these covers for people to buy via the site as a means of generating funds for the club. The club and forum are free to join and that will remain so. We don't get much for the advertising but some things need paying for such as promotional material. Purchasing a cover is entirely voluntary - but if you do, you'll be getting something really useful for your BraziBay as well as demonstrating your support of the club. You can order yours via the Paypal button on the right hand column. They're £10 each including P&P to mainland UK. Other colours are available - just pm me.

Tim

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover Melogo11
Back to top Go down
stoneyuk

stoneyuk

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Got to say that I am really pleased with mine.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:47 am

Just ordered mine ace one tim just the job will post pics when fitted
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Cheers daz - will post yours on Monday. Very Happy

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:04 pm

The 2010 model onwards has something similar so this is for a) anyone with an older Kombi and b) anyone wanting a replacement.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks tim got trim fitted well cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover 5c1886e5 befor and just give it a clean with meths and fit and smooth out from right to left aftercover - Sliding Door Sill Cover B5b1dbe9
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Excellent - thanks daz! Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:24 pm

I'll bring some of these along to VW Expo/Camperjam/Vanfest if people want to purchase them direct.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Just a reminder I'll have some of these on board this weekend at VW Expo.

They'll be £8 on the day as no need for the p&p.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Kaz5997

Kaz5997

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 3:11 pm

hi how can i buy a sliding door sill cover?
thanks Luke
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 4:25 pm

pm sent

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

Cabin : Exec 086

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptyTue May 01, 2018 2:56 pm

TimV wrote:
I wanted to sort out the scuffing/scratching that happens to the sliding door sill on my Kombi.  Whilst looking smart, I don't like the idea of drilling holes in the sill/floor to fit one of those aluminium trims you can buy.  So I've come up with a custom solution.  Using material very similar to that found in the cab door steps I've created a self-adhesive cover that is straightforward to fit, looks great and most importantly protects the sill.  It also will stop feet from slipping on the sill when it's wet outside.

I asked a couple of members to trial them: irishman and stoneyuk and the response has been very positive.  Having supplied them with the cover, they both fitted them to their Kombis and here are the results:

cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover Strip310
Stoneyuk elected to keep the full width of the strip and mate it to the laminate floor trim, thereby creating a water-tight edge.
Irishman chose to trim his strip to fit along the laminate floor edge.  You can choose how you want to fit the cover.
cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover Img_0710

Max doesn't have laminate flooring so fitting the cover to my Kombi was very quick:
cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover Strip710

I've decided to offer these covers for people to buy via the site as a means of generating funds for the club.  The club and forum are free to join and that will remain so.  We don't get much for the advertising but some things need paying for such as promotional material.  Purchasing a cover is entirely voluntary - but if you do, you'll be getting something really useful for your BraziBay as well as demonstrating your support of the club.  You can order yours via the Paypal button on the right hand column.  They're £10 each including P&P to mainland UK.  Other colours are available - just pm me.

Tim

As this is an old post I'm guessing they're not available anymore Tim? A great idea and could be just what I need to tidy the door opening up.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptyTue May 01, 2018 2:57 pm

Skateboard grip. Available on ebay.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

Cabin : Exec 086

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover EmptyTue May 01, 2018 3:19 pm

TimV wrote:
Skateboard grip.  Available on ebay.

Ah, nice one Tim Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sliding Door Sill Cover   cover - Sliding Door Sill Cover Empty

Back to top Go down

Sliding Door Sill Cover
Page 1 of 1