www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
Next club meet: KOMBI Kaper 2017!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!

Share | 

New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Wed May 18, 2011 2:08 pm

New retro wooden finish steering wheels now in stock! These retro beauties really finish off the interior look in a Danbury VW T2. Hand made excellence and 3 choices of wood finish are available and all are available with a massive saving for members for a limited period! Special offer price just £325 INC VAT and including steering wheel and boss. Not cheap but very well made and stunning to look at !! Call 01454 310000 to discuss or order

Last edited by jj123vw on Sat May 21, 2011 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Fri May 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Jason,
whilst I don't want to pee on your bonfire, that is a ridiculous price for a steering wheel, even with the discount.

Looking at it, it looks like an MCJ 17 inch wheel which are only £189 and you can buy a Brazilian Boss for them for £113 or whatever boss you want.

A bit of healthy competition for you:

http://www.mcjproducts.com/11.html

or:

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/luxury-wood-steering-wheel-17-j16698.html
http://www.justkampers.com/shop/wheel-boss-with-horn-push-j16699.html

I have no idea sometimes where you guys come up with your prices.
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sat May 21, 2011 10:29 am

Hi Denni. Weve matched the price for you Very Happy Although there are differences and they are very good quality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sat May 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi Jason,
I sound like a right misery don't I!

That is really good that youhave price matched the wheel, I don't actually want one as I reckon they wouldn't look that good in the bus.

Anything else you fancy price matching, roof racks? ;0)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sat May 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Lets keep things in perspective once again shall we.
Yes a steering wheel/boss from a 74 - 79 bay will fit our buses,but the brazibay boss has more depth.The wheels manufactured and sold by mcj are very good,i had a demo of one with the brazilian boss at Stanford Hall but mcj are a one man band with small overheads.
Vanwurks also sell a steering wheel and boss for £169 but its not designed for the brazibay and yet again there overheads are minimal.

The fact that Jason can be competitive with other companies who dont have the huge overheads that Danbury have is excellent for brazibay owners.

Paul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sat May 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi Paul,

Did you see the original price they were charging before Jason price matched it and changed his forum post to reflect the links I posted?

640 odd pounds! Do you think that is a reasonable amount of money for a steering wheel?

Huge overheads or not, that is plain taking the pee. No offence Jason.

Back to top Go down
jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sat May 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Don't worry denni :-) it's an offer that can't last long unless we can get our buy in price lower which we are always trying to do for all customers . I think they look stunning and fitted one yesterday for a customer and he loved the more retro look over the standard plastic wheel. I'll post a pic next week showing one fitted . All the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sat May 21, 2011 9:27 pm

At the end of the day Denni its all a point of how much people are willing to spend on the parts they want for the bus - quality doesn't come cheap - The cheaper Jason can get the parts the more customers will benefit...

Paul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sat May 21, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm sorry Paul, quality does come cheaper as I have shown in the links.

If people are happy to pay double the amount for the same product, then more fool them.
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sat May 21, 2011 9:42 pm

i think you nailed it on the head, Its about choice and people need to shop around for the price and quality to suit their budget.
Back to top Go down
olive

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sat May 21, 2011 9:48 pm

I am with Denni on this one, its highly likely the wheels are made from the same source possibly the far east, I am sure the bigger you are your buying price will be better, so why dont we get this pased on to the people who are keeping businesses in business. Its not about overhead at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sat May 21, 2011 9:59 pm

I'd love a rosewood dashboard to go with the steering wheel!
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sat May 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Now that would be cool !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 9:12 pm

The steering wheels sold by mcj are made in house in oxford with the boss not the far east or china.Poor/cheap quality items are pointless in my opinion and a waste of money.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 10:03 pm

@peppa wrote:
The steering wheels sold by mcj are made in house in oxford with the boss not the far east or china.Poor/cheap quality items are pointless in my opinion and a waste of money.

If you can, zoom into the initials on the picture that Jason has posted, unless I am mistaken and may well be, but the initials are................ MCJ

This is the point I am trying to make. How can they, before price matching, charge nearly £640 for a steering wheel they clearly sourced them for nearly a third of the price. They are not a bespoke item although the boss may be but I doubt it.

Do you see what I am trying to get at?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 10:05 pm

@jj123vw wrote:
Hi Denni. Weve matched the price for you Very Happy Although there are differences and they are very good quality.

Hi Jason,
If you don't mind, can you confirm that they are MCJ wheels?

No probs if you can't, but just want to prove that my vision is still 20/20.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 10:14 pm

Ok I'm going to step in now because this is going to become nothing more than a slanging match and I'm not happy about it.

The point is this: the wheels are made by MCJ and supplied to Danbury as confirmed to me by Jason. Jason chose a figure to market the wheels at but as he has now realised, people have access to information whether it be the web or other, and his initial mark up was over-inflated. He's brought that figure down to match the competitors. The right move.

Whilst needing to sustain the business, what also needs to be kept in mind is that if you over-inflate prices, your business will suffer because a) no one will buy things over-the-odds and b) get caught doing it, then no one will trust you and support your business. Price competitively then you stand a better chance of getting the trade.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm

It Isn't a slanging match Tim, it is, as you point out in point b, another case of being caught out and once again trying to fleece your customers.

Price competitively in the first place and it will do your business no end of good, do otherwise, and it will affect peoples view on the company.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 10:22 pm

You'll notice I said 'going to become' Denni.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Ok so I misread it. Points are still the same.

They are losing favour with a lot of people and this is why.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 10:29 pm

That is a generalisation Denni. Do you speak on a regular basis to all the customers of Danbury? I don't think so. I'm not defending Jason's actions here - I think he's been naive and got caught out. I don't feel it's appropriate to say that they're losing favour with a lot of people when you can't possibly know the real figures. When you've surveyed every Danbury owner, feel free to post your findings.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 10:34 pm

Well, apart from Kev and Steve today, I spoke to 3 Brazilian owners. Not one of them wants to go back to do business with them.

As a impartial forum, why not do a poll? If I am proven wrong then I'm big enough to take it on the chin.

If I am proven right, then maybe they might take the points on board and change the way they deal with customers both old and new?
Back to top Go down
olive

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Tim, this is not a slanging match at all, Jason clearly states 'Although there are differences and they are very good quality' which does indicate the MJC wheels are different. This is not true and a Denni points out which I have checked myself the wheels are from MJC. The fault here clearly falls at the feet of Jason not Denni so maybe having this forum as an advetisng medium is not a good idea if the advertisers are trying to pull the wool over our eyes as clearly this one has.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 10:41 pm

What would be the value in doing a poll? Danbury are acutely aware of their problematic customer image and have been working hard with us here to change that. A lot has changed. With the greatest respect Denni, you've not been on the forum for a long time and have recently come back. We've made good ground in improving things and whilst Jason's ad was naive I'm not prepared to allow it to set back the ground that we have gained.

You don't use Danbury for work on your Kombi and I suspect you never will so I see no value in your condemnation of them.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

Cabin : Flight 002

PostSubject: Re: New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!   Sun May 22, 2011 10:51 pm

So Jason overpriced the wheel and got found out. At the end of the day the internet is there to shop around. There's plenty of places that sell stuff for bays. You pays your money you takes your choice, as they say.

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down

New Wooden Steering wheels for that retro look !!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: