www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
Next club meet: KOMBI Kaper 2017!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!

Share | 

Swivel seat plate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Swivel seat plate   Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Ok ta.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Swivel seat plate   Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:39 pm

That other thread says that the JK swivel is made by Sportscraft Pt No.3342000.

Here's the label on my now-removed Danbury-supplied swivel:

Draw your own conclusions!
Back to top Go down
Blue Seagull

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Swivel seat plate   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:23 am

I'm 6'3" and I do find myself looking above the wiper line, though it's not generally a problem, even when it's raining. Has anyone converted their Brazilian Bay so that the wipers sweep the other way?

Swivelling the seat is a bit of a faff until you've learned the technique of moving it forward and backward to clear the steering wheel.

The only issue I have with the swivel seat is that the chrome loop which holds the seat belt anchor to the driver's left hand side has to have a section chopped out of it so that the seat belt anchor can be dropped out of the way to allow swivelling. The remaining c-shaped section of chrome has been easily bent out of position, but I'm reluctant to bend it back for fear of weakening the metal.

CHRIS

Back to top Go down
olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Swivel seat plate   Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:33 am

@Blue Seagull wrote:
I'm 6'3" and I do find myself looking above the wiper line, though it's not generally a problem, even when it's raining. Has anyone converted their Brazilian Bay so that the wipers sweep the other way?

Swivelling the seat is a bit of a faff until you've learned the technique of moving it forward and backward to clear the steering wheel.

The only issue I have with the swivel seat is that the chrome loop which holds the seat belt anchor to the driver's left hand side has to have a section chopped out of it so that the seat belt anchor can be dropped out of the way to allow swivelling. The remaining c-shaped section of chrome has been easily bent out of position, but I'm reluctant to bend it back for fear of weakening the metal.

CHRIS

The c shaped piece of chrome is only there to hold the seat belt piece in place, you dont need it there as it serves no other purpose, the T2's made earlier didnt have this on thier seat its only part of the Golf seat.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Swivel seat plate   Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:10 pm

On the passenger side(RHD Bus, so no wheel) I used the back hole it pushes the swivel base forward, but you need to drill a new hole in the swivel base for the front bolts to fit. This way you do not need to cut off the back and front left corner for bulkhead clearance in order to swivel. You still need to enlarge the hole in the original seat runner for the back bolts to fit(which are too long and require 16mm length bolts). See pic below

However I haven't tried this method with my drivers seat and don't know if this would make swiveling worse or better, with my mx5 seat on now it swivels fine so do not know if this would be a better option with standard seats.

I have seen a danbury fitted swivel seat and this particular one didn't use the original runners to mount it, it just had spacers and was bolted through the seat pan.

This is a pic of my original seat fitted to the swivel base from JK, not much height difference.
Back to top Go down

Swivel seat plate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: