brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Danbury Colour Selection

Go down 
+8
Baydreamer
Bloke_Off_The_Internet
pastymaster
kiteman
JLS 62
TimV
osg
stephenjedward
12 posters
AuthorMessage
stephenjedward

stephenjedward

Cabin : Economy

Danbury Colour Selection Empty
PostSubject: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 18:06

Hi all, whats the process with Danbury to select a body colour - do they have colour charts to pick from or can you turn up a with a dulux colour reference :-)

wife wants a really pale blue...

thks
Steve

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 18:16

Yes when we bought from Danbury we chose from a colourchart with several HUNDRED variations. Very likely includes a suitable blue.
But don't forget to have a look and consider 'old school green'
osg
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 18:24

I think what they do is have a look at what current colours other manufacturers are offering and then incorporate that into their catalogue. Generally motor manufacturers offer similar colours around the same time.

At the moment white is the new black. Silver is pretty unpopular because of the explosion of silver cars around the Millennium. I'm thinking green is due a big return soon. Also at the moment shades of brown are very in. The beauty of choosing a BraziBay though is that it suits so many colours, as is evident in our gallery. There are some cracking silvery-blue shades at the moment - the new Passat looks great in it.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Danbury Colour Selection Melogo11
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Cabin : Club
Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 19:49

Black is the new black ...................... and old black. You can't beat it !!
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 20:07

They've got pretty much any colour you want, If you've goit a specific colour you want, they will be able to match it.

Bear in mind if you get a custom colour that isn't on an existing car, it's a pig to get touch up paint and coloured spray cans for.
It's super nice having a custom colour but that's the one thing I wish I did. Gotta love hindsight.

________________________________________________________________________________
Danbury Colour Selection Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny

Last edited by kiteman on Wed 15 Jun 2011 - 20:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 20:17

Out of interest are there any silver BraziBays on here? I don't think I've ever seen one confused

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
Bloke_Off_The_Internet

Bloke_Off_The_Internet

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 20:46

pastymaster wrote:
Out of interest are there any silver BraziBays on here? I don't think I've ever seen one confused

Here's one. Not on here though. Sure I saw one at Danbury a couple of years back. Could be mistaken as usual.

Danbury Colour Selection Kombi550

Pic source: http://www.carroecia.com.br/reportagens/kombi.asp (believe it's an official VW Brazil promo shot)

Last edited by Bloke_Off_The_Internet on Fri 17 Jun 2011 - 10:32; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 20:48

Danbury Colour Selection 25_jan11
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 20:49

Danbury Colour Selection 25_jan12

saw the above at brighton breeze last year :-)
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 21:00

Cool, thanks for the photos. I wasn't sure how they would look in silver but I actually quite like them Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 21:29

VW produced a special edition of the Kombi in silver to commemorate the end of the aircooled engine. A few made it over here via Danbury. They are distinguished by their silver paintwork, clear lenses and black bumpers.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 21:44

Ahhh, so they are like the ones posted by Bloke_Off_The_Internet and the last one by Baydreamer?

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 21:46

Indeed.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Blue Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 22:03

Danbury had a white one with vertical multicoloured stripes on site when we last passed by. Looked like it had been in collision with a barcode.

The down side of the range of colours is that it took them three months to work out what colour ours was when we needed a touch up stick.

CHRIS

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 22:08

Blue Seagull wrote:
Danbury had a white one with vertical multicoloured stripes on site when we last passed by. Looked like it had been in collision with a barcode.

The down side of the range of colours is that it took them three months to work out what colour ours was when we needed a touch up stick.

CHRIS

Lol - I think you'll find that the 'barcode' BraziBay belongs to JamieS here now.

I'd strongly recommend that you choose a colour from a major motor manufacturer and then ask for your Kombi to be painted in that. Then you shouldn't have any issues getting a touch-in stick.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Blue Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 22:52

TimV wrote:
Lol - I think you'll find that the 'barcode' BraziBay belongs to JamieS here now.

Just in case JamieS is reading this, I just checked his avatar, and no, it's not that one!

CHRIS
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011 - 23:23

Blimey - you mean there's another StripeyKombi out there? Yikes!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011 - 9:46

Go with a cool light blue colour - you cant beat it Cool
But if you want to stand out from the crowd go for a Yellow
Very few Yellow Brazibays around

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011 - 13:03

light blue defo the way to go lol

Just a suggestion...
if danbury kept a spread sheet of colours against cars sold then this would be helpful for customers in the future. I appreciate a back catologue would be time consuming but for any new owners that would be great for reference. Not for show on here maybe for security reasons against registrations but for customer care it might help and save them time in the long run.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011 - 13:17

Baydreamer wrote:
light blue defo the way to go lol

Just a suggestion...
if danbury kept a spread sheet of colours against cars sold then this would be helpful for customers in the future. I appreciate a back catologue would be time consuming but for any new owners that would be great for reference. Not for show on here maybe for security reasons against registrations but for customer care it might help and save them time in the long run.

I understand they are now doing this Bd.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011 - 13:35

Yep....New computer system nearly installed so should be able to look it up but we always write it on the customers order form aswell.... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Dilly

Dilly

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011 - 10:23

This was the hardest decision for us! We went with an idea then they brought the box of colours over to us. Talk about overwhelmed. So many choices means you can be individual. At the time ours was the only one in the colour we choose.

Have fun doing it.

Dilly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danbury Colour Selection   Danbury Colour Selection Empty

Back to top Go down

Danbury Colour Selection
Page 1 of 1