brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Just campers open day 72 14 window bay

Go down 
+6
Matt
pastymaster
Scooby
TimV
dazdub
doz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
doz

Cabin : Club

window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay Empty
PostSubject: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi all

The wife took her bus today to just kampers and meet a member today (Tim?) I think he went all weak at the knees when he was introduced to Rosie. A very strange and unusual Bus.

So a brief history of what we know about Rosie

She was born late 71 and registered in 72 starting out life as a kombi. Now this is where things get interesting. You see she was manufactured in Brazil YAY! I hear you all cry however she wasn't assembled there. In kit form Rosie made a trip to South Africa where they lovingly bolted her together using all the daft unique parts used on a fleet line. Being a SA bus she's been RHD all her life which is handy. However Rosie wasn't finished globe trotting just yet. After being assembled she up sticks and decided she wanted to come live in Blighty. So she was registered new in the UK. Things get vague now. We understand Rosie spent her early life here being used as a minibus. We don't know what happened but approximately 5 years ago she was found in a barn in a very sorry state. She was nursed back to health and at this point decided she'd really like to take up camping, starting to get the travel bug again I feel. So the oily doctors helped her fulfil her dream and fitted a Westfailia pop top. Then a Special "inside doctor" Called Doc Vaughan Green was summonsed to make a feel and look great on the inside. And so another chapter in Rosie's life started. 3 weeks ago Rosie decided she wanted to come home with us. I think she's really happy here. I've tinkered with her bits (ooh errr) and she's happy to be driving in a straight line and stopping when a human friend stamps on the middle peddle. Alas however I can't fix her gearbox. It's pooped and requires a rebuild. However we've talked to Rosie and said if she's a good girl for the summer then were buy her a brand new shiny one come the winter. We think she's happy with that and has already covered some distance with us. Were all looking for a happy future together.

Now some of you may no better. What I've written could be nothing more than hearsay. From what we know. 75 of these Brazilian kits were sent to South Africa. Only 7 were small rear light models and as far as we know Rosie may be the only one imported to the UK new. If you know better then please speak up. We'd love to hear from you.

Right I've waffled on for long enough I'm off for a read of the boards. Speak soon

Doz (Rosie's male two leg friend)
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:05 pm

Hi Pics please Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:19 pm

It was great to meet Rosie and her family today. She's a Brazilian beauty and hopefully will be joining us at Campo Braziliano at Camperjam as the oldest Brazilian Kombi in the club! cheers

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Doz
Whilst you have described Rosie you know we will need to see some pics very soon Laughing Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 10:00 pm

We do definitely need to see some pictures Very Happy

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
doz

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:23 pm

I'd love to but my photobucket account has Lunched it's self again!!!
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:30 am

Hello and welcome to the forum Doz and Rosie

Matt.

window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay Img_2014
Back to top Go down
doz

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:35 am

Ok at last!!! In the flesh

I give you Rosie

window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay Photo0122

window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay Photo0119

window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay Photo0124

Were all looking forward to meeting you at CamperJam
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:38 am

Mmmmmmmm barn doors

Matt.

window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay Img_2014
Back to top Go down
Baydreamer

Baydreamer

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:17 pm

lovely storey and lovely van-welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Cool photos

Rosie looks great Very Happy. I love the interior.

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:23 pm

Great looking pics and interior trim
Notice it does not have a wrap around bumper with step at the front?
Most K reg low light Bays we have seen have these - still yours is unique
Like the barn doors & rear windows - must offer great visibility
See you at Camperjam Cool

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:34 pm

See - told you she was a cracker. A very welcome member to our community. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Deluxe split x bay sweet that's one ace bay Smile
Back to top Go down
doz

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Why thank you very much. She is a weird one but we like her. However I wasn't chuffin impressed that she cost me a 121 quid for a new indicator stalk. Oh well at least it's stopped the indicators going bonkers and the cab filling up with smoke!!!!!! Of course as I was at JK's I couldn't just buy the stalk for her could I? So she now has electronic ignition and boy can you tell the difference. I wouldn't of said the points, condenser,rota and cap were on their last legs but she really likes this new set up. Better starting and the exhaust note has got deeper well it seems to have got deeper. Your right about the front bumper not having side steps being a bit weird but I think it harks back to her being a commercial vehicle (and Brazilian). I've also fitted a couple of fag lighters in her today. One up front and one in the back so the kids can DS to their hearts content when were driving. So along with some new window winders and wiper blades (fitted by the lovely Wife Sue) she's almost ready for Camper Jam. Just got to adjust the clutch cable and the job I'm not looking forward to, Cut a hole in the floor for the table support.
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:52 pm

If your concerned about putting a hole in the floor you can use the Fiamma tripod base for the table, thats what we have and it gives you the added benefit of taking the table outside to dine Alfresco.
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:42 pm

olive wrote:
If your concerned about putting a hole in the floor you can use the Fiamma tripod base for the table, thats what we have and it gives you the added benefit of taking the table outside to dine Alfresco.

It looks like this

window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay P1060312
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 pm

I'd imagine that works well with the swivelly chair because you can position the table wherever.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Not only that, but it means you don't stub your toe in the hole. That hurts Laughing

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
vw john

PostSubject: can you help i need few parts for my 14 window   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 4:52 pm

doz wrote:
Hi all

The wife took her bus today to just kampers and meet a member today (Tim?) I think he went all weak at the knees when he was introduced to Rosie. A very strange and unusual Bus.

So a brief history of what we know about Rosie

She was born late 71 and registered in 72 starting out life as a kombi. Now this is where things get interesting. You see she was manufactured in Brazil YAY! I hear you all cry however she wasn't assembled there. In kit form Rosie made a trip to South Africa where they lovingly bolted her together using all the daft unique parts used on a fleet line. Being a SA bus she's been RHD all her life which is handy. However Rosie wasn't finished globe trotting just yet. After being assembled she up sticks and decided she wanted to come live in Blighty. So she was registered new in the UK. Things get vague now. We understand Rosie spent her early life here being used as a minibus. We don't know what happened but approximately 5 years ago she was found in a barn in a very sorry state. She was nursed back to health and at this point decided she'd really like to take up camping, starting to get the travel bug again I feel. So the oily doctors helped her fulfil her dream and fitted a Westfailia pop top. Then a Special "inside doctor" Called Doc Vaughan Green was summonsed to make a feel and look great on the inside. And so another chapter in Rosie's life started. 3 weeks ago Rosie decided she wanted to come home with us. I think she's really happy here. I've tinkered with her bits (ooh errr) and she's happy to be driving in a straight line and stopping when a human friend stamps on the middle peddle. Alas however I can't fix her gearbox. It's pooped and requires a rebuild. However we've talked to Rosie and said if she's a good girl for the summer then were buy her a brand new shiny one come the winter. We think she's happy with that and has already covered some distance with us. Were all looking for a happy future together.

Now some of you may no better. What I've written could be nothing more than hearsay. From what we know. 75 of these Brazilian kits were sent to South Africa. Only 7 were small rear light models and as far as we know Rosie may be the only one imported to the UK new. If you know better then please speak up. We'd love to hear from you.

Right I've waffled on for long enough I'm off for a read of the boards. Speak soon

Doz (Rosie's male two leg friend)
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi VW John - do you own Rosie now or a similar Bay?

What parts are you after?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dugmog

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 7:54 pm

It appears you have the same 14 window bay with barn doors model that I am looking at. See my other post re the Brasilia model. I wonder if they were all South African models then, you say yours was a commercial vehicle originally, was it a commercial panel van originally before fitted with windows? Is that why you don't see many barn door bays?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just campers open day 72 14 window bay   window - Just campers open day 72 14 window bay Empty

Back to top Go down

Just campers open day 72 14 window bay
Page 1 of 1