brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Team "Madge" set for the road.

Go down 
+2
TimV
Captain Haddock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

Cabin : Club

Team "Madge" set for the road. Empty
PostSubject: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Cheeky little trip up from the West country for Madge via Bristol then London to visit the London Palladium, Lords for the cricket (weather please be kind) and Kew Gardens. Then a few days very close to Blenheim Palace before having a another few days stay in North Devon. Staying at Caravan Club sites enroute which are fab. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Have a fab time and I hope the weather is kind to you.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Team "Madge" set for the road. Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Enjoy your trip - dont forget to post some pics Cool

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Not long returned from our latest Madge trip. Had a fab time, decent weather and trouble free motoring. Stayed at some cracking sites especially the Dulverton Caravan Club one which we shall return to very soon hopefully. Spotted quite a few fellow Brazils on our trip especially last Saturday in North Devon.

A couple of pics.

Crystal Palace CC site.
Team "Madge" set for the road. Crysta12

Bladon CC site Oxfordshire.
Team "Madge" set for the road. Bladon10

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Looking good Smile

I've never seen anybody put their awning on that side before, does anybody else do that?

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Don't often put the awning on the wrong side but needed it purely as a storage for this stopover and fancied our sun canopy over the sliding door for a change. Worked out well.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:25 pm

I like the idea of having an awning and a sun canopy up at the same time, I suppose the canopy would be just as suited to the 'non-door' side too. Good idea, something I'll look into.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:59 am

Cool pics
Re: the awning on the "wrong side" - novel idea - never seen it before
Option: Can also turn camper around and have it on the "right side" without moving the awning if required
Did you have any problems with pegs into gravel?

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:46 pm

I have these style of pegs they are great for hardstanding.

Team "Madge" set for the road. ScreenShot001
Back to top Go down
Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:50 pm

If its guaranteed to be dry (yeah right!) and we don't have our dog Poppy with us I prefer to have the canopy over the sliding door as shown. Normally keep the sliding door the side that affords the greater privacy when I have the canopy up - hence the setup above.

Pegs not really too much of a problem in the gravel although it can turn into a bit of workout on some pitches. Have similar pegs as shown by Skytiger.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:50 pm

I got told off for not putting my awning on the gravel at a Camping and Caravanning Club site recently! Meanies .... no one said it should go on the gravel before I put it up. Rolling Eyes

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:47 pm

we've had that one tim at charmouth,site warden actually walked passed us twice in the rain and never said anything ,but as soon as we got it finished she said " you cant put that there,it has to be on the gravel" ooohh! i was so mad!!!! ,as it worked out we have learnt from that and when its really hard rain its best on gravel as it drains away and no muddy mess in awning .we have pitched on both sides ,much easier when you need to drive away a lot and access is much easier,also sun awning is excellent as can move with the sun for cover, we have also found with the kyham that if you have lowered suspension the piece of material to the van is a little long and gets flappy,and it does catch the sliding door on top corner ,so we gaffer tape over to protect,im getting clear tape into designated positions for awning to stop rubbing from clamps.,makes setting up easier as well as preset.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Funnily enough lilyvdub, I put a length of white gaffer tape along the gutter on my Kombi when attaching the figure-8 fitting because a) it makes the gutter that much thicker and b) it prevents chipping the paint.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:34 pm

TimV wrote:
Funnily enough lilyvdub, I put a length of white gaffer tape along the gutter on my Kombi when attaching the figure-8 fitting because a) it makes the gutter that much thicker and b) it prevents chipping the paint.

Dont leave this on all the time, I remember someone advising me not to do this as water could get beneath the tape and the dreaded rust would take over. affraid
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:42 pm

It comes off as soon as the trip is over.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:46 pm

My plan when I lower my bus, to ensure the awning fits the same way is use my ramps to raise the height plus I know exactly where to park it when I come back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:49 pm

good thinking batman,will try that on next outing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team "Madge" set for the road.   Team "Madge" set for the road. Empty

Back to top Go down

Team "Madge" set for the road.
Page 1 of 1