brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Popped my Danbury Top today

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

roof - Popped my Danbury Top today Empty
PostSubject: Popped my Danbury Top today   roof - Popped my Danbury Top today EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:02 pm

I popped my top today for the first time this year and had a bit of a clean up under where the roof has been sitting all winter. I also pulled off the black braiding around the edge of the poptop and cleaned it all up. Then I went to pull the roof back down - and I thought - I wonder if any other Danbury owners have a definitive way of closing their roof. I know you should always make sure the sides are not trapped by the roof but I do find myself going backwards and forwards in the van to make sure it's all snug and nowhere is the canvas caught. Anyone got a particular method of bringing down their Danbury top easily?

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

roof - Popped my Danbury Top today Melogo11
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

roof - Popped my Danbury Top today Empty
PostSubject: Raising roof operation   roof - Popped my Danbury Top today EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:12 pm

We suggest always do the front of the roof first (lifting up or closing) and check the outer sides are inside the gutters and remove any canvass from the area where the catches are first. If the roof has not been raisied for a while the gas struts may 'stick' if so just compress the strut down and it will release...Dont just force the roof up if a gas lifting strut is stuck :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com

Popped my Danbury Top today
Page 1 of 1