brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?

Go down 
+3
TimV
Scooby
DUBious
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DUBious

Cabin : Economy

Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? Empty
PostSubject: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:21 am

Hi all, I am making these and want to know if they will fit a Brazilian Bay ? Tim kindly measured his jacking point but it's undersealed so I am still not sure of the actual size. if I can establish the true size I might be able to adapt these to fit your buses if they do not already fit. Any advice much appreciated. and please note, I will also be making the table leg and table top support bracket in the very near future if there is any demand.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300650582651?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1413
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:05 am

Interesting idea - but not for Scooby - has a side step

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 am

I see no reason why it won't fit. The jacking brackets on a Kombi are the same as on a Classic Bay.

Good luck with the venture!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:38 am

Hi Dubious, I know Quarry Bank well, used to live in Mogul Lane, Cradley, many moons ago. I presume the measurements you need are the spigot size, so Ive callipered up the spigot off the jack if this helps. (measurements are imperial, can't get on with metric!)

Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? Jack_p10

Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? Jack_p11

Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? Jack_p12

Hope this helps, good luck with project, unfortunately we use a tripod, but have you considered adapting basic bracket to hold a flagpole? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DUBious

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:46 am

Cracking idea, the bracket would work a treat with a flagpole.... now whyt didn't I think of that ! PS, I am only around the corner from Mogul lane, my uncle used to live there, towards the bottom near the old shop on the left :-)
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 am

Know it well, I lived in the left hand new semi half way down, backing onto the field. Is Cradley still full of drop forgings, chain makers and casting factories, used to be like entering hell with all the flames and sparks!
Back to top Go down
DUBious

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:59 am

dizzylizard wrote:
Know it well, I lived in the left hand new semi half way down, backing onto the field. Is Cradley still full of drop forgings, chain makers and casting factories, used to be like entering hell with all the flames and sparks!

Lol, nope far from it, most of that business is long gone, as is most of the other industry in the area........ it's been replaced by the huge shopping centre and lots of additional housing developments.. You might even know my uncle, Dennis Parrish, had a son Steven and daughter Joanne, they lived in a detached house on the left just after a cul-de-sac
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 am

Sorry don't recall the name, was only there for a couple of years, before moving to Wiltshire in 77. (used to move around a lot in those days)
Back to top Go down
DUBious

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:06 am

ahh ok, well thaks for the effort and trouble you went to taking the pics and measurements...much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
absquatulation

absquatulation

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:17 pm

Just so I fully understand what you are selling, it is the orange item that fits in the jacking point, together with the orange base plate, then is it the chrome tube as well? Is this chrome tube in two or more parts? Finally, does this include the table top? How is the table top connected to the chrome tube?

I thought the van was blue, but now I'm told its Lilac
Back to top Go down
DUBious

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:48 pm

I am just selling the orange items right now, I am working on making the table leg too (stainless steel, not chrome) there is a circular bracket that fixes on the underside of the table top, I will be making these also in the near future, but not yet. Basically, the brackets take the old 70's westfalia continental table leg and table, I am looking at making these available for all vans.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

I have the Fiamma table leg and tripod for use inside/outside. If you made it for the Fiamma table leg as these are very popular already might get more sales. I use the Fiamma mount which screws onto the underside of the table then you insert the leg(pole) into that then into the tripod and thats it. Here is a pic you can just see my table just at the bottom right of picture.

Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? 210709045-1
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:42 pm

We also have the tripod so can use our existing leg and table outside of our Kombi.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:48 pm

We use the tripod inside aswell but sometimes your legs can get in the way a bit but I didn't want to cut a big hole in my floor for the mounting. This is a pic of the fitting under the table. The legs come in 60/70cm length

Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? ScreenShot055
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?   Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will this fit a Brazilian Bay ? would anyone be interested in one ?
Page 1 of 1