brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London

Go down 
+4
michel_bonn
kiteman
Scooby
TimV
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London Empty
PostSubject: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 am

www.motorhomecaravanandcamping.co.uk

It's half term - think we'll pop along to have a look around. Suspect there will be some decent accessory and gagdet stands.

Quote promo code CC1 when booking tickets to get a cheeky discount.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Hey Guys
If you are going to this show take a look at the latest Airstream caravan while you are there
Its the International 685 which is due to be revealed at this show (some pics would be good)
It boasts three fixed bunks at the rear, two berths up front and is based upon the Series 2 684 launched in May 2011
If you have not seen an Airstream caravan before its worth a look (just look on Ebay or Google)
Prices start from only £59,980.00 for the new International 685 - makes you think!
The older Bambi (ie small) style of caravan is our favourite - which can be polished to a mirror shine if you get an old one
Any way just a thought
Rooby Roo

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Hey Tim
If you are still going to this event could you take a couple of pics?
We would be particularly interested in the new Airstream - plus any new gadgets of course
(It's OK, Scooby knows we would not exchange him)

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Sure - will be taking the camera. Cool

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Here we go then, pix from today ......
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030519
kiteman's T5 ... should he choose to want it.
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030520
A beautifully put together conversion by Hillside Leisure. In a market flooded with T5 conversions, this one stood out to me. The finish was superb.
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030521
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London Img_1210
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London Img_1211
Another of their models:
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030522
With built in loo area:
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030523
You'd almost need to have an intercom from front to back:
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030524
I thought, why on earth couldn't we fit this behind our front right hand seat on the bulkhead and swing the table out of the sliding door aperture when desired?
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030525
Did you spot Victor Meldrew in the above?
Here's another swinging bracket I thought we could make use of in our BraziBays:
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030526
Had a good chat with the chaps from Rolling Homes who were showing this new T5:
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030527
One thing that did strike me about nearly all the T5 conversions, was the lack of useable work surface space. My Rio conversion provides loads despite having a top mounted gas hob.
To someone this is beautiful .... I don't see it myself:
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030528
This fella seemed to be trying to lift it.
£100,000 for this tour bus anyone? Straight out of Meet The Fockers :
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030529
Then we moved onto the caravan section, starting with this trailer, that really is just so amazing, you could live in it, and I'm sure plenty of folk do:
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030530
Then as requested by Scooby, we found the Airstream stand - they are very cool:
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030531
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030532
Inside the smaller Airstream:
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030533
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030534
Then we had a look at few micro-caravans:
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030535
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030536
Finally we bumped into Matt from Dub Box and thanked him for tributing the colour scheme of his latest trailer to our Max:
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030610
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030611
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030612
The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London P1030613
Such a tasteful combo of colours! Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:39 am

TimV wrote:

kiteman's T5 ... should he choose to want

Very nice but not for me. Ginger would be heart broken if I lowered my standards and got a T5.

TimV wrote:

I don't believe it!

The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:49 am

the last camper is the beautifullyest :-)
and the first, i would like to buy.........but only the price is a problem :-.)

http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2-c.de
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks for the pics Tim
We do like the Airstream
Looks like a good day out
Rooby Roo
flower

Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:17 pm

TimV wrote:

Laughing That is uncanny!!

Great pics Tim. I think the event looked better than I thought it would!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
JLS 62

JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Air stream - funny story   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:13 pm

This is a true story. |We have friends who bought an airstream last year - it was only when they looked closely at weights etc that they realised their Audi A6 wasn't big enough to pull it !! So they had to upgrade to An Audi Q7. Somewhere in there is a moral !!
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:20 am

Scooby would not consider one of the large Airstream vehicles for that very reason JLS
Choose the Bambi - the smallest - see below Cool
If you get an old one it can be polished to a mirror finish (the new one's cannot)
This one has been on Ebay for months and not sold - says something about the price Shocked
Rooby Roo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1963-Airstream-Bambi-ultimate-RESTORED-AIRSTREAM-/260952623803?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item3cc1fd0abb

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:08 pm

If any one can get there hands on the March Camping & Caravaning mag there is a nice little article about the red Dub Box Tim photographed at this show.
Their verdict:
A fun caravan to be bought with the heart - unless you have an early VW campervan, when it becomes a really practical accompanment.

For more details see below

http://www.familytravelcentre.co.uk/blog/2012/02/dub-box-from-family-travel-centre-in-the-camping-caravanning-club-magazine/

http://www.dub-box.com/index.php?a=1

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:14 pm

I've read a load of brochures on T5s that I picked up at that show. One thing I can't help but remark on about them ... the swb is a bit short isn't it?! I'll dig the dimensions out at some point but only the LWB models seemed to have decent work surface areas. I know I'm biased but our Kombis being longer, thinner and able to use the area over the engine practically, makes them very competitive to the modern Transporter.

What say you?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
thesplitsombrero

thesplitsombrero

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Two of our friends have T5's and they love them, but hey how cool is a T2 and pulling a Dub box oh yes!
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:02 pm

TimV wrote:
I've read a load of brochures on T5s that I picked up at that show. One thing I can't help but remark on about them ... the swb is a bit short isn't it?! I'll dig the dimensions out at some point but only the LWB models seemed to have decent work surface areas. I know I'm biased but our Kombis being longer, thinner and able to use the area over the engine practically, makes them very competitive to the modern Transporter.

What say you?

I too visited this show and was impressed by the amount of T5 conversions, I thought the Bilbos Komba was a good effort so visited their showroom last Friday to compare size against our T2. I list below my findings.

The LWB gives maximum space in the way of usable floorspace when the bed is down and it maximizes the storage facilities. What impressed me was the side lifting roof, it runs virtually the full length of the roof 2850mm long, when open there is plenty of
headroom a handy shelf at the front 1400 wide x 500 deep and another at the rear 300
deep, the roof also has clear windows for light and mosi nets front and rear. As an option
there is a roof bed and the operation of closing and opening is one action, single handed.
In the living quarters the Komba comes with a 1400 wide double bed compared to 1200 with the Rio,when down the floor space left available to stand in is 1100 front to back and 1000 side to side. When the bed is up the space is 1550 f to b and 1000 increasing to 1400 side to side, for
cupboards etc there are more than enough, 65 litre fridge and freezer, 3 burner combined smev hob and sink, there are small cupboards above the cooking unit and at the bed end, tall wardrobe, under the seat and a large area at the back where the T2 engine would be. There is also a 35 litre water tank well concealed and a very useful 35 litre waste tank underneath the floor with a simple draining tap outside to simple empty into a drain.
I felt in this format there was enough storage space and worktop, if more worktop is required you can go for a narrower bed of 1200 same as the Rio and have a usable work surface of 1400 wide x 490 deep which is quite sufficient. There are also 2 swivel seats with armrests as standard which creates a very practical and comfortable living space.

In comparing to our T2 I felt there was more usable storage space in the T5 layout, the boot space was very good and the living space when in the seating positions was greater. On the outside the vehicle is 862mm longer, this is the extra length to accommodate the engine, so slightly longer but you get the boot space as an extra. In all if you are considering a change then the LWB is the best option for the living space compared to a T2. I also had the opportunity to take it out on a test drive, 140bhp in a DSG transmission which was a pleasure to drive. Our T2 always puts smile on my face when I drive it but have to be honest.......so did this.

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks for the analysis Olive
We are not considering a T5, but it almost reads as though you might be?
Are you?

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Scooby wrote:
Thanks for the analysis Olive
We are not considering a T5, but it almost reads as though you might be?
Are you?

No
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Good - the more Brazi Bays out there the better Laughing
Rooby Roo
flower

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London   The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London Empty

Back to top Go down

The Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show 14 - 19 Feb Excel London
Page 1 of 1