brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Skooby

Skooby

Cabin : Exec 046

Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT Empty
PostSubject: Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT   Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 am

March marks Skoobys first Birthday and therefore road tax renewal.

I have had the renewal letter, but its been a while since I have been responsible for taxing a vehicle and never a PLG category before, so sorry for what may seem a dumb question...

On the form is a statement "If you do not need a Goods Vehicle Test Certificate (that is, your vehicle is exempt) put a X in this box"

As its not an 8 seater then my understanding is that it does not need a good vehicle certificate but an MOT after 3 years. If I go to the Post Office to renew my Tax, how do the counter staff know that it does not need the Good Vehicle Certificate?

Cheers
Simon
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT   Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:22 pm

No GV certificate required - it's a Motor Caravan. I've checked your BraziBay's DVLA listing using the My Car Check App. Wink

Do it online - so much easier! Unless you've left it too late ... take the renewal letter with you. The Post Office will scan the barcode and issue you your new tax disc.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Skooby

Skooby

Cabin : Exec 046

PostSubject: Re: Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT   Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks Tim. I have actually already ordered online but just checking for next time. But intrigued as to the vagueness of the renewal form

Simon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT   Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT Empty

Back to top Go down

Stupid question post - Road tax & MOT
Page 1 of 1