www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Your club is 10 years old now!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
10 years of BraziBay fun!!
Christmas Dinner - November 16th more details to come.

Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 am

Its not a secret Connie. Just that prices to us change all the time so please PM me if interested and I can give you the current price Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:44 am

I notice that JK now stock Silent Gliss gliders and hooks. Are they the right ones to fit the Danbury rails?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:59 am

alderley wrote:
I notice that JK now stock Silent Gliss gliders and hooks. Are they the right ones to fit the Danbury rails?

No - you need these:

JK curtain hooks

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer and Tango - the Fizzy Kombi Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwbusforhire.co.uk
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:08 am

@TimV wrote:
alderley wrote:

No - you need these:

JK curtain hooks

Are you sure Tim? Previous posts suggested that they were the wrong ones if you had a metal rail, which mine is on a 2011 aquabay.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:11 am

Suggest you compare what you currently have fitted with the JK photo.  But the majority of Danbury converted T2s use the JK product.

My BraziBay has metal rails.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer and Tango - the Fizzy Kombi Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwbusforhire.co.uk
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:45 am

@TimV wrote:
Suggest you compare what you currently have fitted with the JK photo.  But the majority of Danbury converted T2s use the JK product.

My BraziBay has metal rails.

I've just taken one of the original gliders out and they are Super Gliss. Having said that, the hooks look like the JK own brand. I might give the Super Gliss hooks a try, to see if they give a better fit than the originals.
Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 11:22 am

Hi. I am making new curtains for Lily, all done except for the curtains at the front behind the driver and passenger seats. There is a very narrow lightweight rail fitted to curve of the ‘ceiling’  of the cab which works well. BUT it has a system I have never seen before to hang the curtains. The header/curtain tape has tiny grey plastic ‘T shaped’ hooks built into it.

Does anyone else have this system? Any ideas where I can buy the header tape (with built-in rail runners)?

Thank you.
Caroline
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 4:03 pm

Very strange. Sounds like a one off system.
Perhaps you could cut off the header from your existing curtains and re-stitch it to the top of your new ones.
osg
Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Thanks OSG, yes I might have to do this but not keen on dark grey edge from old curtains against my nice recycled fabric!

What this space....

Caroline
Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi. This is a photo (if it has worked...IT is not my thing) of the rail, and "hook system" I am trying to track down....excuse the the pun!

https://flic.kr/p/2ePpMW4

Thank you, Caroline
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 9:25 pm

@CarolinePH wrote:
Hi. This is a photo (if it has worked...IT is not my thing) of the rail, and "hook system" I am trying to track down....excuse the the pun!

https://flic.kr/p/2ePpMW4

Thank you, Caroline

Ooh, not seen those before; any reason you cannot just use the same style of hooks that's used on the side windows?

P.

Alternatively, why shut off the front cab at night? We have an external blackout wrap that goes around the front windows and windscreen, meaning the whole of the front is all 'inside' the living space at night.
Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 11:47 pm

Hi P
Unfortunately the rail is different to all the others in Lily so I’m stuck with either finding the “tape with ‘hooks’ attached” or re-using the existing curtains/tape and attaching new curtains to them.

Yes I could do without curtains, that’s certainly an option. Thanks.

Caroline
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 9:43 am

We have found it much more cosy and convenient to use curtains behind the front seats rather than the cab blinds that we initially had.
Not only is it warmer at night but also very easy to pull across for a bit of privacy during thr day.
osg
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 1:24 pm

A bit difficult to see from your photo Caroline, but I've not seen anything like that either. Would it be possible to get some gliders like some of these that hang vertically, dependent on size, and use standard hooks and rufflette tape.

https://www.polesandblinds.com/curtain-tracks/accessories/curtain-track-gliders/page/2
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 8:28 am

Found these which look similar, unfortunately out of stock. If you search 'sew in curtain gliders' google comes up with some, and also tape with them already attached, but most seem to be in US. Also appear to be used in boats, so may be available from chandlers. Hope this is of some use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nylon-Sew-Tailslides-Curtain-Tracks/dp/B007KLCCGM

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/584719926/white-sew-in-tail-slide-tape-by-the-yard?ref=related-7
Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 10:23 am

Thank you dizzylizzard.

I’m going to go and measure the rail channel today....Lily is tucked up safely at a friends....but from memory I think the channel is quite narrow. I hadn’t thought of just swopping to a different glider. A good solution.

But looking at the marine gliders I think these might fit. I hadn’t thought of searching “marine”.

Thanks so much ... looks like I have a couple of good options.

Back to top Go down
CarolinePH

CarolinePH

PostSubject: Re: Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks   Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi.

A quick thanks for help and advice re curtain track/gliders.

Turned out that the Silent Gliss 1080 gliders fitted the rail so bought some from Amazon.

Arthur at Danbury was very helpful. Bought the poppers and fitting tool from them.

Curtains look great!

Caroline
Back to top Go down

Curtain Hooks and Bike Racks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Useful Websites-
Jump to: