brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry

Go down 
+6
jj123vw
Skytiger
AbsintheKombi
Tallulah
TimV
spikesworlddub
10 posters
AuthorMessage
spikesworlddub

spikesworlddub

Cabin : Club

insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  Empty
PostSubject: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 am

Just had a frustrating lengthy telephone conversation with them. Very polite but refuse to acknowledged the type of immobiliser factory fitted to my 2008 Danbury Bay. Adrian Flux insist on a Thatcham 2 type immobiliser and certification.
Have had to cancel my policy and although within the 14 days of a cooling off period they are still charging me their own arrangement fee and 5 days insurance cover , what a cheek . Very annoyed. Spoke with Danbury who were very surprised. Danbury have recommended SUREGUARD who have a thorough understanding of a Brazilian Kombi spec, so many thanks to Danbury!
A word of warning to all you who are insured with Adrian Flux, I would check that your policy states what type of immobiliser is fitted to your vans, if not Thatcham type 2 and approved by Adrian Flux, you may well find your cover for theft invalid, note Adrian Flux are Brookers, note the actual underwriters. Whole experience rather pants. scratch
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:48 am

Thanks for this info. I will let the ABVWC know of these problems.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 am

Sorry to hear of your frustrations.

If you haven't already sorted some cover elsewhere its well worth trying Comfort Insurance - www.comfort-insurance.co.uk - who despite not offering a club discount (yet...) have been significantly cheaper than all other quotes for a number of Kombi owners.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:55 am

That's not good although in their defence I suspect that it was the insurers who were digging their heels in. I think they should have waived their arrangement fee on this occasion. As for the 5 days cover charge perhaps you should ask them if Theft cover would have applied in the event of a claim - if not then they might be able to persuade the insurers to reduce the cost a little.

On a completely different note - are you coming to the Kombi Sleepover? - I think your van may just about qualify as purple for the rainbow shot!

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:02 am

Interesting point, if they weren't able to 'arrange' the insurance due to the immobiliser issue then surely no 'arrangement' fee should be payable....

Good spot on the colour! We need purple!!!! confused

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:05 am

To be fair to the brokers they've had work to do so could justify their fee - in similar circumstances though we would have waived it.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
spikesworlddub

spikesworlddub

PostSubject: Insurance    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:19 am

Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback. Tallulah, I will contact Comfort Insurance as well, i need to get this sorted today. Walmsleys, yes Iona (our Camper) and wife will be at the sleepover, can't wait to park up amongst friends and enjoy a great weekend, come rain or shine! oh its snowing outside, i was in my shorts yesterday...... Iona is actually Nissan rose metallic , but very much more purple than pink, no offence to my friend Peppa !
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:23 am

Insurance is always a nightmare! Interestingly we got a quote from Adrian FLux no bother at all, Comfort wouldn't be able to insure us as we're a self conversion, Safeguard are having to refer us as we now have alloys, so it looks as if we might be staying with HIC!

Another insurance quirk that's now popping up is the 'UK resident all your life' statement, the wife's family was in the forces and she was born in West Germany, then lived in Cyprus for a short time, all through the British Army, but now insurance companies want the exact date she became a permanent resident in the UK. Aaaaargh! It's never been an issue in the 18 years she's been driving, but now it is.

I wonder if I can trade my bus and the wife in for a professionally converted bus?!

Moan over, just needed a rant Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 am

Quote :
Iona is actually Nissan rose metallic , but very much more purple than pink, no offence to my friend Peppa

cheers

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:47 am

Danbury suggest the following companies. Quote the reference codes for a good deal to Danbury owners:

Safeguard
0800 116 42 08 – Quote Ref: DB2

Sureterm Direct
0800 999 30 00 – Quote Ref: 800 2 800

Caravanguard
0845 2702870 – Quote Ref : Danbury
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Skytiger wrote:

I wonder if I can trade my bus and the wife in for a professionally converted bus?!

I'm sure you can - please send photo - of bus

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:20 pm

I too had problems with AF, who wanted me to fit a tracker, as well as being chuffing expensive. The other "Danbury recommended" companies also proved to be a washout.

Thanks to Tallulah, I then tried Comfort, who were happy to insure and significantly cheaper.

Tallulah wrote:
If you haven't already sorted some cover elsewhere its well worth trying Comfort Insurance - www.comfort-insurance.co.uk - who despite not offering a club discount (yet...) have been significantly cheaper than all other quotes for a number of Kombi owners.

I've mentioned this to Flis (sp?) at Danbury, who is going to give them a call and see if she can set anything up with them.

Last edited by lostlogik on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Dalesman said . . . I'm sure you can - please send photo - of bus

Classic lol!

Rooby Roo
flower

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Another vote for Comfort Insurance. Quick and painless online quotation, followed-up by a quick 'phone call to finalise the cover and process payment.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Dalesman wrote:
Skytiger wrote:

I'm sure you can - please send photo - of bus

Best not tell the wife about this! Laughing
Back to top Go down
spikesworlddub

spikesworlddub

PostSubject: Insurance    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks to all who have posted advice regarding Insurance for our treasured Campers. Comfort Insurance appears to be the front runner. Cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:35 pm

I'll be calling them soon as well then. Will discuss a club deal.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:53 pm

TimV wrote:
I'll be calling them soon as well then. Will discuss a club deal.

Ooooh, very soon please. I haven't paid yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry    insurance - Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry  Empty

Back to top Go down

Adrian Flux Insurance, Cannot recommend sorry
Page 1 of 1