brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Olive Images

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

roof - Olive Images Empty
PostSubject: Roof rack image   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:25 pm

roof - Olive Images Olive_15
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Olive images 1   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:08 pm

roof - Olive Images Burnha10
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:19 pm

roof - Olive Images Burnha12

roof - Olive Images Burnha13

roof - Olive Images Burnha14
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Olive images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:29 pm

roof - Olive Images Burnha15

roof - Olive Images Burnha16
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:36 pm

Very rustic!! Loving the deck chair upholstery too - very happy atmosphere.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

roof - Olive Images Melogo11
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Exterior images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Here she is, 1 year old on May 1st. Went to Norfolk see my post in campsites

roof - Olive Images Burnha17
roof - Olive Images Burnha19
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Nice bit of colour coding there - good effort!

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Merged your photos so we can all view your fine BraziBay in one place Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:45 pm

Am liking the white band on the dummy wheel cover. Is that the original stainless band painted or have you put something else on it. Been wanting to do that to mine but not too sure how to go about it.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:12 pm

Is the next step white wheels? Got to be white-banded tyres (like I've got on Max) surely??

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:23 am

nice bay looks good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: White banding   roof - Olive Images EmptyWed May 05, 2010 8:29 am

The white banding is the original, when I bought the van it was all white with the dummy wheel. it did not have the stainless band on it, I asked Danbury to fit it on however, they told me it came without the band as it was an Amigo to begin with, I have found out since that that was not true. I prefer it as it is now. If you take off the band you may find it is white underneath. I decided to go with the white trim rather than have a mixture of white, silver and chrome like some others together with painting the roofrack white and gloss varnished the wooden slats, it looks a lot better in the flesh.Tim, not too sure about painting the wheels white or tyre walls, tried it on photoshop and it looked a bit too much.
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:28 pm

TimV wrote:
Nice bit of colour coding there - good effort!

Good effort?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:47 pm

Good effort = nice job.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:16 pm

Just been reviewing your pix there Olive. How about white indicator lenses up front and white/red/white ones at the rear to add to the look?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:33 pm

TimV wrote:
Just been reviewing your pix there Olive. How about white indicator lenses up front and white/red/white ones at the rear to add to the look?

When you say white do you mean clear lenses?
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:41 pm

olive wrote:
TimV wrote:

Yes.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:58 pm

TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:

Yes.

I thought about changing them over but decided the van looked better with the original lenses. Considering painting the hubcaps in the Taigia Green.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:29 pm

olive wrote:
TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:

Yes.

I thought about changing them over but decided the van looked better with the original lenses. Considering painting the hubcaps in the Taigia Green.

I think if you were going to do that, you should paint the wheels white to continue the theme. However, my favoured option would be a nice set of alloys - maybe graphite Empis - just to give the whole look a bit of an edge.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:51 pm

TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:

Yes.

I think if you were going to do that, you should paint the wheels white to continue the theme. However, my favoured option would be a nice set of alloys - maybe graphite Empis - just to give the whole look a bit of an edge.

Have you got alloys? If I changed to a set of alloys I would need to drop the height which I dont want to do as that takes the look away from the original styling, apart from that I really like and prefer the steel wheels with the hubcap (more original than alloys). At the end of the day Olive is a holiday home for us and not a showpiece, keeping within the original styling is cool for us and she always raises eyebrowes and receives a lot of interest wherever we go.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:05 pm

olive wrote:
TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:

Yes.

Have you got alloys? If I changed to a set of alloys I would need to drop the height which I dont want to do as that takes the look away from the original styling, apart from that I really like and prefer the steel wheels with the hubcap (more original than alloys). At the end of the day Olive is a holiday home for us and not a showpiece, keeping within the original styling is cool for us and she always raises eyebrowes and receives a lot of interest wherever we go.

Haha - no - no alloys on Max - I chose to go for a traditional look due to finances and because I love whitebanded tyres. You don't have to drop the height if you go for alloys - it's just that most individuals who chose to seem to want that option too. I prefer stock height too. If you're going down an "original" theme then you perhaps should swap those silver hubcaps for chrome?!

I suspect that any Brazilian Bay raises eyebrows wherever it goes - that's part of the fun of owning one!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:18 pm

TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:

Yes.

Haha - no - no alloys on Max - I chose to go for a traditional look due to finances and because I love whitebanded tyres. You don't have to drop the height if you go for alloys - it's just that most individuals who chose to seem to want that option too. I prefer stock height too. If you're going down an "original" theme then you perhaps should swap those silver hubcaps for chrome?!

I suspect that any Brazilian Bay raises eyebrows wherever it goes - that's part of the fun of owning one!

Thought about chrome but there is no chrome on Olive and it would look odd as the silver does at the mo, so maybe white steels with Tagia hubcaps.........but no whitebanded tyres for us Im afraid.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:26 pm

olive wrote:
TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
TimV wrote:

Yes.

Thought about chrome but there is no chrome on Olive and it would look odd as the silver does at the mo, so maybe white steels with Tagia hubcaps.........but no whitebanded tyres for us Im afraid.

White steels with Tagia hubs .... job done. Don't forget to Waxoyl/Hammerite the backs of those hubs now Wink

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyWed May 12, 2010 2:53 pm

olive-green wrote:
Very rustic and traditional look. Great work

Keeping the end up for the old timers. !

Rustic isnt a word I would use, I would rather say retro but thanks for your message.... send in some pics of yourr so we can all have a look. Good luck
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:13 pm

olive-green wrote:
Retro, maybe our meanings are different, I'm not in the UK so maybe thats the issue, but great van all the same.

Mines in the spray shop at the moment and off the road for a few months, so hopefully when i get it back i can post some images.

I looked up rustic on wikapedia, also said "chintzy"... is that would you mean as retro. Sorry my englosj not so good Sad

No fraid not, ''chintzy'' is not a word I would use. We have an overseas member here so where are you? Look forward to your images.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olive Images   roof - Olive Images Empty

Back to top Go down

Olive Images
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next