brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Litesteer power steering

Go down 
+23
Voyager
Sunshine Daisy
Firebird
jj123vw
Dalesman
Mick
Scooby
neillitesteer
Matt
Footsteps
Dennis
harryhornet
kiteman
Richard
graciebabie
TimV
AbsintheKombi
Carlos
Skytiger
Sunny
dizzylizard
Tallulah
irishman
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 6:54 pm

Firebird - You've Got The Power  Smile 
Would be interested in your reaction
Roo b Roo
 jocolor

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Firebird

Firebird

Cabin : Exec 054

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm

Reactions during the 2.5 hour journey home….

1. Blown away rather than Blown about.
2. 21st Century Driving in a 20th Century Camper.
3. Will have to find another away, to keep my Bingo Wings* at Bay. (*Upper Arms)
4. Life can now be classed as 'Before Power Steering' and 'After Power Steering'
5. No regrets at blowing the Housekeeping and feeding my children grass for the next 10 weeks.

This is just amazing. What have i been driving for the past 15 months?
Back to top Go down
Sunshine Daisy

Sunshine Daisy

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Definitely a good decision, I'm sure grass must have some nutritional value & I find elbow length tops work wonders for the bingo wings! Love my power steering, in awe that you managed to drive it without!!
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 9:23 am

Welcome to the club, think it's generally well known by now, that I love my Litesteer, life changing.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:55 pm

From your reaction, a worthwhile investment then Firebird!  Wink

________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Carlos wrote:
I've got Litesteer fitted to my bus with a german steering box and have recently fitted a narrowed beam, its excellent and has made a vast difference.

The van steering is greatly improved and have driven about 1500 miles of French autoroute, without worring about artics and cross winds or the previous feel of steering a tall ship.

I'm not sure whether Carlos is still on the forum, but does anyone have experience or knowledge of fitting a narrowed beam? I'm still looking for a way of improving the steering on my van, hopefully at a lower cost than rack and pinion, and the experience Carlos mentioned is exactly what I am looking for. My van already has lowered suspension by the way.
Back to top Go down
neillitesteer

neillitesteer

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi Alderley,

Not convinced that a narrowed beam will improve tour steering, if anything it will be worse as the track width is reduced therefore changing the Roll centre.

Narrowed beams are usually fitted to "slammed" vans that have there tyres rubbing on the wheel tubs
Back to top Go down
http://neil@litesteer.com
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 5:32 pm

neillitesteer wrote:
Hi Alderley,

Not convinced that a narrowed beam will improve tour steering, if anything it will be worse as the track width is reduced therefore changing the Roll centre.

Narrowed beams are usually fitted to "slammed" vans that have there tyres rubbing on the wheel tubs

Thanks Neil, worst case for me would be to pay for what I thought might be a lower cost solution and then find that there was no noticeable improvement. I recall that last time we talked you were working on putting rack and pinion onto a Brazilian bay. I would be very interested to know how that one turns out.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 8:59 pm

I had Litesteer fitted to Eddie today. Thank you Paul Brand for an excellent job. Paul even drove to Tunbridge Wells to pick up a part that was missing!
I have to say the drive home was such a different experience. It actually took a bit of getting used to but once I did.........WOW Laughing
It was a lovely warm evening so I wound the window down, turned the music up, stuck an elbow out, and cruised round each bend one handed. Happy Days.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:06 pm

It's great isn't it? Best mod we've had since we got Absinthe. Enjoy.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Just had an email through from Litesteer saying that there is an offer on if you order before the end of April for Power Steering
£895.50 + vat and fitting
Might be tempted
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 2:07 pm

Sounds a FAB offer but not for us - we like 'wandering' around with Scooby. Wink

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 4:18 pm

You don't know what you're missing, Scooby.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 4:25 pm

You can still have a good 'ol wander Scoobs it's just a whole lot more pleasurable!
Having had nearly a week of motoring with Litesteer I could not imagine life without it. Well worth every penny in my opinion.

Last edited by harryhornet on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Scooby - come over to the lite side!
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:10 pm

gordonmac wrote:
Scooby - come over to the lite side!
Think he already uses the force
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:50 am

Scooby wrote:
Sounds a FAB offer but not for us - we like 'wandering' around with Scooby. Wink
we find that normal wind conditions satisfy the wandering aspect of driving despite having the power steering Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Mrs Bumble nearly had a panic attack because of the Brazi sway when she drove Bumble for the first time yesterday .
M.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:22 pm

Bumble wrote:
Mrs Bumble nearly had a panic attack because of the Brazi sway when she drove Bumble for the first time yesterday .
M.

But she didn't and you managed to get from point A to point B right? That would be sufficient for me.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:25 pm

I think the average Camper journey goes like this, Tim:

A to A1 to A2 to A3 to A4 to B4 to B3 to B2 to B1 to B.

I series of small discrete journeys all cumulating in an overall A to B.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:37 pm

Sounds about right Abs!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:41 pm

I managed to get from point A...a services car park to point b.......the nearest roadside parking area about half a mile later before I chickened out due to a bully Royal mail van terrorising me behind!
M
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Bumble wrote:
I managed to get from point  A...a services car park to point b.......the nearest roadside parking area about half a mile later  before I chickened out due to a bully Royal mail van terrorising me behind!
M

So it wasn't really anything to do with the steering, is what you're saying?

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:08 pm

The power steering was great when I was practicing round and round the car park at first but when I eventually took to the open road I wasnt expecting the wandering and was coming to terms with that when the lorry behind started bullying me so i gave up. So Scooby shouldnt worry about losing the wander because its still there after lite steer but P says not as much. I didnt drive Bumble befire it was fitted. Im going out for my second drive now round the block as there are no lorries in sight.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:08 pm

The main thing to remember is to relax. Take things slowly and let others pass you if they want. Mrs Hornet is yet to drive Eddie but has threatened to have a go now that the Litesteer is fitted. It's a different experience but in many ways it's the difference that makes driving our Brazi's so enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Litesteer power steering   steering - Litesteer power steering - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Litesteer power steering
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next