www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi

Share | 

Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:54 am

@TimV wrote:
So far it's looking like 14 BraziBays, in convoy, for 8-10 days heading to the Vendee region of France, in mid August. How fun is that going to be!?!
ace bounce cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:24 am

Fyi you have until Sunday week to complete this poll.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer and Tango - the Fizzy Kombi Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com
Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:34 am

@TimV wrote:
So far it's looking like 14 BraziBays, in convoy, for 8-10 days heading to the Vendee region of France, in mid August. How fun is that going to be!?!
Sounds like it will be a cool trip - shame we cannot make it Sad
Just interested Tim, what is the Air to Aqua ratio?
Rooby Roo
flower

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:55 am

I have no idea Scooby - no way of telling who has voted. Polls are anonymous.

Once the poll closes I'll ask people to firm up their intention based on where, when and how the trip is going to take place.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:42 am

16 Kombis! We're gonna need a bigger boat!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:40 am

@TimV wrote:
16 Kombis! We're gonna need a bigger boat!

....or train.....

www.vdubcamperhire.com
Twitter: @tallulah_vw
Facebook: facebook.com/vdubcamperhire

Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.vdubcamperhire.com
Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:13 am

. . . or a Kombi-nation of the two . . .
If some have a preference of a boat over a train or vice versa
Rooby Roo
flower

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm

I might be LPG powered by then and if so, won't be allowed on the train. (But at the moment, I'm not and prefer the train option.)
Back to top Go down
Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:49 am

@Sunny wrote:
I might be LPG powered by then and if so, won't be allowed on the train. (But at the moment, I'm not and prefer the train option.)

. . . but you will be allowed on a ferry with LPG?

Back to top Go down
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 am

@Scooby wrote:
@Sunny wrote:

. . . but you will be allowed on a ferry with LPG?
Yes. Rather frustrating rule of the tunnel operators; no LPG fuelled vehicles allowed. Bit daft really, when you consider the LPG tanks are safer than conventional fuel tanks, but there you go.

Ferries are fine.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:19 pm

@Sunny wrote:

That does make for a very long drive to the West Coast ... I'm anticipating we'll end up going somewhere within the Vendee region.

Back to top Go down
Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Could get the ferry to Saint-Malo?

Back to top Go down
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:07 pm

I hate boats. Seems I'm going to have to be on one for a long time Sad
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Poll closes tomorrow folks.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:20 am

So let's look at the results of the poll - thank you so much if you took part. I'm rather excited at the prospect of this club trip I have to tell you. Smile

16 Kombi owners want to go - which in itself would be amazing.

9 are happy to go for a 7 day trip, 9 are happy to go for an 8-10 day trip. Clearly some have ticked both boxes, so I think we'll need to see what deals we are offered and by which campsites before we can get a definitive duration. It may well end up being the case that we are at our chosen campsite for 7 nights with a day's travel at either end. Cost will also be a contributing factor.

Mid August is most popular.

5/6 hours driving time is the preference. Where and how we enter France, will determine how far south we go into the country for this trip. Again cost will probably be a major factor.

15 wish to travel in convoy. What a sight that will make!

12 plan to use an awning.

8 desire a beach location. 7 would like an inland/forest location. Because this is a fairly even split we'll look at both options and vote again on what's available.

A campsite that offers a mix of activities and a peaceful environment is what the majority are after.

So now I'd like some more input from you please. Firstly if you are one of the 16 who have expressed an interest in coming, could you please reply below so we can get an idea of where folks are coming from within the UK and what the mix of Air and Aqua is? Secondly if you have any recommendations for French campsites that fit our requirements, could you let me have the details please? Many thanks.

This is going to be a blast. Cool Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:40 am

It's going to be ace bounce sunny
Back to top Go down
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:53 am

Shaping up to be an awesome trip.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:43 am

Bring it oon.
How about half the time beach location the other half inland/forest. Try to coinside the beach with good surf Smile

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Happyhouse

Cabin : Exec 007

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:44 am

Sounds fantastic! We are obviously an air cooled and would love to go via ferry. Anywhere in the vendee area would be great! Somewhere near a beach would be great. Very excited happy house gang
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:31 am

We'll be travelling down from the County Pallatine so would probably want to get the overnight crossing to St Malo.

The Vendee is great. We've been going there off and on since the late 80s and we love it. The key for me now are the dates. I know it's a long way off but the sooner we agree dates and venue the better for us.

We're planning to include the Forum meet as part of a longer holiday so need to work out which end of our trip we'll fit it in to.

Like you Tim, I'm excited at the prospect.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:01 pm

This should be a great trip and we're fairly relaxed about duration, destination time of year etc. we'll be guided by those of you who have been before.

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi Tim
We certainly are interested , so as soon as dates become available should be able to try and work around other pre-booked holidays at work...
Am the boss so should be possible!!!
Steve

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:24 pm

@beakyboy wrote:
Hi Tim
We certainly are interested , so as soon as dates become available should be able to try and work around other pre-booked holidays at work...
Am the boss so should be possible!!!
Steve

Good stuff Steve. Thanks for the reply.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
lilyvdub

Cabin : Exec 024

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:52 pm

We are still defo for this tim ,we will work around dates ,can't wait to get it booked
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 pm

@lilyvdub wrote:
We are still defo for this tim ,we will work around dates ,can't wait to get it booked

Thanks guys - looking forward to kapering with you!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013   

Back to top Go down

Brazilian VW Bay.com Club Trip to France 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: Past Meets and Events-
Jump to: