brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Windscreen cover

Go down 
+10
Tallulah
Dalesman
Dickymint1972
Skytiger
Matt
Sunny
AbsintheKombi
Gina Tonic
harryhornet
Scooby
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

cover - Windscreen cover Empty
PostSubject: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 am

Following a recommendation in another post, had a delivery of a windscreen and side window cover from Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers this morning.

Well impressed by the fit (looks a bit creased in photo, but it was sticking to the wet glass), and quality. £45 inc postage.

Should be handy for winter and summer use.

cover - Windscreen cover Leisur11
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Looking FAB Cool
A good price too!
Roo b Roo
flower

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:45 pm

I bought one similar to this at the Just Kampers open day last year. I must say yours seems to have a better fit! They are so useful and much better than the stick on internal sun blinds.
Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Gina Tonic

Cabin : Exec 020

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:29 pm

We bought the navy one last week from the same place. They were very friendly, I told them they had been recommended on this site.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:52 pm

Doo they have any thermal properties?

________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Don't think they have thermal linings, Scooby but probably more thermal than curtains, and are total blackout.

Link to site http://www.batvw.com/
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:32 pm

We need one of those - did you order it online DL?

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Gave them a phone call last week, and they made it up for me, took about five days from order to delivery.

They normally do screen printing as well (if you fancy a fairy on it), for an extra cost, but it appears they are too busy at the moment.

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional    
Very Happy                           cover - Windscreen cover Signat11
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:02 pm

I wanted Absinthe on as text - I'll give them a ring later in the week - no hurry to have it done though.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:03 pm

Must admit, I like them and glad I bought mine at CamperJam. Only thing I don't like is having to put it on/take it off when it's raining. That's the one time I would like an internal cover Wink But for ease of use and total blackout, they're brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Sunny wrote:
Only thing I don't like is having to put it on/take it off when it's raining.

Suggest you do not wait for it to stop raining before fitting/removing - may be a while Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:26 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
Don't think they have thermal linings, Scooby but probably more thermal than curtains, and are total blackout.

Link to site http://www.batvw.com/

Thanks for the info DL
See Scooby has already featured on their website photos Cool
Roo b Roo
flower

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Scooby wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Only thing I don't like is having to put it on/take it off when it's raining.

Suggest you do not wait for it to stop raining before fitting/removing - may be a while Rolling Eyes
Too true. Quite like the idea of a curtain across the rear of the front seats, as in Tim's (and I think I've seen in someone else's too). Then can park and have no need to get out.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Tallulah has a suitably coloured double thickness curtain behind the seats, we bought 2m of two different types of material from a fabric shop (the one in Woodley, Reading if anyone is interested) for approx £5/m, a 1.5m x 30mm(ish) metal tube (white finish) from Wickes for about £5.

Cut the tube to size and added some electric tape around the ends to cover the sharp edges.

Run a sowing machine across the top twice abut 2 inches apart to create a 'sleeve' for the tube/pole and down both sides starting from the lower.

Feed the tube through the 'sleeve' and stick it in the bus.

It provides a welcome privacy, blackout and thermal layer, and looks great open or closed!

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Tallulah wrote:
Tallulah has a suitably coloured double thickness curtain behind the seats,
Have you got any pics please. I'm interested to know how / where to put fix the pole.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:39 pm

I'll pop out with a camera tomorrow if I get a chance.

The pole/tube is the same length as the roof bed is wide and fits snugly at the front of the roof opening.

When not in use the curtain is tucked away behind the passenger seat (the pole stays where it is), ready to be pulled across when needed.

Pics to follow.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:00 am

We copied Tallulah's curtain pole design/placement but i used an old windbreak wooden pole which i gave a quick sand down. Covered the ends with some of those felt pads for the bottom of a chair legs to stop it digging in to the roof liner. Works a treat and you dont need to fix anything perminent or drill into the van.

Matt.

cover - Windscreen cover Img_2014
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Absinthe's new screen cover from Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers:

cover - Windscreen cover 8353578320_6517c4964b_c

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Very nice I like it a lot, do you get much condensation on the inside with this method rather than using thermo mats?
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:37 pm

I'll leave someone who has had one a while to answer that ST - only put it on for the first time today!

We have been using Magna Blinds internally which work great everywhere except the front screen where they're a pain to put on. Not had anywhere near the amount of condensation that you get with the thermals though.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Looks good
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptySun May 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Ours arrived yesterday - just went for plain black, couldn't really decide on a design or print that we wanted so played it safe. It's definately much easier to fit than thermo mats, will be giving the cover it's first overnight try at the sleepover Sleep cheers

Very impressed with Bromsgrove Auto, ordered it on Wednesday and it arrived on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Dickymint1972

Dickymint1972

Cabin : Exec 025

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:54 am

Sky Tiger / Absinthe - now you've tried these out, how did you get on with condensation / warmth / blackout etc?
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Dickymint1972 wrote:
Sky Tiger / Absinthe - now you've tried these out, how did you get on with condensation / warmth / blackout etc?

We tried ours out at the sleepover and blackout was total, the backing is rubberised so no light gets through, if you leave the front windows open 1" or so you should get no condensation.

cover - Windscreen cover Cover10

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:27 pm

We've not had any condensation with ours - it's so easy to put on and, like Geoff says, the blackout is total. I'd recommend getting one.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen cover   cover - Windscreen cover Empty

Back to top Go down

Windscreen cover
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next