brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

VW insurance great result

Go down 
+5
Captain Haddock
surfer chick
Tallulah
kiteman
EvoFylde
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EvoFylde

EvoFylde

Cabin : Club

insurance - VW insurance great result Empty
PostSubject: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 am

Just letting people know about Comfort Insurance and the remarkable prices I was quoted recently for the same policy.

Was getting quotes from Justkampers and safeguard for my new camper which I will collect in a few weeks. They were both £700+.

Comfort was £229!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:52 am

Result. cheers
Mines due for renewal in January, think I'll be giving them a call

________________________________________________________________________________
insurance - VW insurance great result Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
EvoFylde

EvoFylde

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 am

Just reading through the small print to make sure I haven't missed anything. Seems too good to be true for a van costing over £40000!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 am

Yep, Comfort were a great find, even if I do say so myself Razz

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
surfer chick

surfer chick

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Will they cover you for a loan car when your van's back at Danbury being serviced?
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Yup, its included in the policy.

We were with Caravan Guard for our first year and they charged an extra £15 to have the Danbury hire car for a day!

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:24 pm

I checked Comfort out with a like for like policy that I currently have and due to expire with Adrian Flux. Last year with Adrian Flux £331, next year with Comfort £250. Happy days.
Back to top Go down
EvoFylde

EvoFylde

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Result!!!!
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Just had a quote for £263 from Comfort. Adian Flux managed to match it for me. Sweet

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Kiteman - why would you allow AF to match it? Comfort do all the work and don't actually get any business out of it.

I've got no axe to grind (mine's on our Company policy) but it looks like Comfort have done great deals for lots of the members on here. Doesn't seem fair to use their quote to beat AF down.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
kiteman

kiteman

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Was already with AF. When I went to cancel my renewal an go with comfort they managed to price mactch for me so I stayed with them. Didn't try to beat them down at all.

At the end of the day I don't care who i'm with, just want the cheapest I can get

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:52 pm

I understand the desire for a saving KM - no one wants to pay over the odds. It just doesn't seem fair on Comfort.

It's like having a quote from Newton for door panels and then getting someone else to work out a much cheaper price but then allowing Newton to reduce.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:28 pm

But to be fair to Kiteman, what he did is what most of the insurance shoppers do. Get a quote from existing insurer, check the market, go back to existing insurer. I've done it loads of times. And as a broker, I've done the same thing with underwriters, when renewing motor fleets. No shame.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:20 pm

I stand corrected and understand that renewing is less hassle and easier to sort. Thank goodness we don't do personal insurances... Very Happy

Although:

Quote :
I've done the same thing with underwriters, when renewing motor fleets.

We don't do that, we're Chartered Insurance Brokers and value our reputation with the market too much. If you waste underwriters time we find that eventually you don't get such good quotes.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Absinthe wrote:

We don't do that, we're Chartered Insurance Brokers and value our reputation with the market too much. If you waste underwriters time we find that eventually you don't get such good quotes.
With all due respect, I was too. When I had a major client (and my clients had annual premiums in xs of £1m) I would always go out to market and see who was prepared to quote for the business. If existing insurers were prepared to match an offer made, then assuming service had been ok, then it would stay put. I wouldn't shift the business just because an underwriter had put in the graft. It was expected if they wanted the business. They accepted they wouldn't necessarily get it. That said, there would be times when they'd ask whether they had any real chance of getting the business, and I would be honest if it was just a fishing exercise. But matching best bid went with the business.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Fair enough Chris. Just not how we work up here. Maybe that's why I'm still doing it after almost 40 years.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Great info this guys , Safeguard renewal £427 , Comfort like for like £257... Certainly be renewing with Comfort!! Happy Camper Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:53 pm

beakyboy wrote:
Great info this guys , Safeguard renewal £427 , Comfort like for like £257... Certainly be renewing with Comfort!! Happy Camper Very Happy Laughing
Result. I'm looking forward to seeing what my renewal will be next month. I've got some NCB to apply now.
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:56 pm

We switched from Safeguard to Comfort this month and saved £45 with lower excesses bounce

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Looks like comfort may be busy this year,I will certainly be giving them the chance to quote
Back to top Go down
EvoFylde

EvoFylde

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm with them. It was cheaper than insuring my 2.0L Passat. Less than £300.

Thought it was a bargain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VW insurance great result   insurance - VW insurance great result Empty

Back to top Go down

VW insurance great result
Page 1 of 1