www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi

Share | 

An Unusual Present Idea for a Kombi Lover

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: An Unusual Present Idea for a Kombi Lover   Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Your very own Kombi can be a cover star if you order a customised OS map. Choose your favourite Kombi destination, pick a suitable photo and the wording for the cover and off you go. Check out www.shop.ordnancesurveyleisure.co.uk

Here's one I made earlier bounce

________________________________________________________________________________
"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual Present Idea for a Kombi Lover   Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Nice but I can't think when I last used a paper OS map. That said, I do have a stack of paper ones somewhere and I can see the appeal of this.
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual Present Idea for a Kombi Lover   Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm

@Sunny wrote:
Nice but I can't think when I last used a paper OS map. That said, I do have a stack of paper ones somewhere and I can see the appeal of this.

Oh you can't beat a paper map - I can spend hours reading them, as good as a book.

________________________________________________________________________________
"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual Present Idea for a Kombi Lover   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:02 pm

@Dalesman wrote:
@Sunny wrote:

Oh you can't beat a paper map - I can spend hours reading them, as good as a book.
Ah, there you have it. I use a Kindle for that too. Wink
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual Present Idea for a Kombi Lover   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

You can't beat a map. Spent several hours at the weekend pouring over our French ones. You get a much better feel for the surrounding area with paper maps than on the GPS.

I'll agree that the GPS is better for getting you from A to B though.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Sunny

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual Present Idea for a Kombi Lover   Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Absinthe wrote:
You can't beat a map. Spent several hours at the weekend pouring over our French ones. You get a much better feel for the surrounding area with paper maps than on the GPS.

I'll agree that the GPS is better for getting you from A to B though.
Agreed, but I have OS maps electronically, on my phone (and iPad, ough I don't walk with the iPad). I do like maps. I just got fed up with them piling up in a corner and or having to buy another because I was missing a corner tile of the area I was in, or it was inconvenient to open up the whole map (pinch and zoom is great). But from my orienteering days, maps are hard to beat.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual Present Idea for a Kombi Lover   Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Used to have a copy of memorymap. Great bit of software. Especially when you go into 3D topography and do a fly though

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: An Unusual Present Idea for a Kombi Lover   Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:21 pm

I've got Tracklogs from my Trailquest and mountain biking days. Brilliant for both plotting routes and downloading to from the Garmin.

Use it for walking now but usually just rely on my daughter who is as anal as me about route planning. Next trip is the West Highland Way in April.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com

An Unusual Present Idea for a Kombi Lover
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: