brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Khyam motordome plus

Go down 
+4
AbsintheKombi
Scooby
MarcusH
EvoFylde
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EvoFylde

EvoFylde

Cabin : Club

Khyam motordome plus Empty
PostSubject: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Has anyone bought a carpet for this awning?

If yes, can you advise a size?

Do you need 2 to cover all the area or is there one that covers all of it?

Any advice would be fab.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Try wwwlightning leisure he is khyam stockist dealer,from hull.
Back to top Go down
EvoFylde

EvoFylde

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Which pole and clamp package have people bought? The khyam one?
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 pm

I think we have that one but ours is called the Kyham sleeper.

We have a ground sheet that covers the whole of the inner floor area including under the seperate bedrooms. We also have the carpet which doesn't go under the bedrooms. We got it at the same time as we bought the awning. I think it was made by Kyham. Fits really well. It has a foil under the carpet which makes the floor feel not as cold. The quality of the top part isn't great. We got 2 thin canvas doormats with velcro under but when you remove them it pulls threads from the carpet.

The pole and clamp package was bought at the same time. It is basically a long pole that slides into the material of the awning, then put in the vans gutter and clamped on with 5 metal fixings.
Back to top Go down
EvoFylde

EvoFylde

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks for the advice
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:42 pm

We too have the ground sheet that covers the whole area of our Sleeper version - have not considered a carpet!
Would be interested in seeing one though if you get it
We try to make sure the area is clear of sharp stones/objects before putting the groundsheet down as it is very thin.
A tarpaulin would be a good alternative - and cheaper!
Roo b Roo
flower

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:10 pm

We've got the carpet. Much better for walking on but gets quite dirty and takes up a bit if room.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:05 pm

I've the groundsheet and carpet (and yes, the "doormat" is rubbish). As Absinthe says, it's all to easy for the carpet to get dirty but it is much nicer to walk on.
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:49 am

After an incident with my awning this weekend and after two evenings research and lots of youtube video guides we decided on a Kyham Motordome Sleeper which a number of forum members have too.

I wanted to buy a carpet as well and called the freephone number on the Kyham website to ensure I purchased the right one and establishing that I was actually speaking to Somerset Camping , anyway when I had registered with Kyham they had given me a 5% Discount code VFC01 so I looked at Somerset Camping's website and all the prices were the same as those on Khyam's own site.I then interrogated Google (other search engine providers are available) to see if I could find a discount code for Somerset Camping and UKCAM45 appeared (apparently expired Apr 2013) but I inserted in anyway and gained 10% off my entire order.

My order has been dispatched and delivery will be tomorrow.

So , if anybody else is thinking of purchasing a Khyam then try Somerset Camping as well and try the discount codes shown in the post.

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:58 am

Good bit of detective work there bb!

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Khyam motordome plus Melogo11
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:59 am

Good work, Steve. Here's a video showing our first attempt at erecting ours:

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Great video Martin , will be showing that to Jo later , plan on a practice run in the garden when ours arrives.... I was impressed as not a beer bottle in sight , I tend to find those compulsory with construction related projects... Very Happy 

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 6:41 pm

EvoFylde wrote:
Which pole and clamp package have people bought? The khyam one?
we have got the figure of 8 extrusion that came with Kyham pack -it's rubbish - we have just bought a simple awning to use on short trips. It has a pole and clamp set So when we use the larger Khyam awning we will use the pole and clamp set from that .
we have the quick erect system that works quite well however putting the ground pegs in takes an age !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Khyam motordome plus   Khyam motordome plus Empty

Back to top Go down

Khyam motordome plus
Page 1 of 1