brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Lake district sites

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pippy

Cabin : Club

Lake district sites Empty
PostSubject: Lake district sites   Lake district sites EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:53 am

Afternoon all. We've decided to defy the freezing cold weather and head off in the van for a few days regardless. Does anyone have any recommendations for sites in the Lakes? I'd imagine that there might be vacancies here and there, sensible people staying indoors and all that!

Next mission is to buy a heater for the van, just in case. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks v much Smile
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Lake district sites   Lake district sites EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Tim recommended Castlerigg Hall, nr Keswick on an earlier thread - I'm sure he'll be along soon with some more info.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Lake district sites   Lake district sites EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi Pippy
Using the Forum's Search facility on the Home page (searching for 'Lake' ) brought up these previous suggestions
https://brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com/t2989-lake-district-in-january?highlight=lake
Hope this helps
osg
Back to top Go down
Pippy

PostSubject: Re: Lake district sites   Lake district sites EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks for the replies, I'll have a look. I did do a quick search, was just casting around for any other suggestions.

I guess as much depends on the weather forecast. Wild up here lately, but we're feeling adventurous.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Lake district sites   Lake district sites EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:52 pm

Absinthe is correct http://www.castlerigg.co.uk/ is one of my all time favourite spots. Up above Derwentwater it's just beautiful and the on-site bistro is very attractive in colder temps!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Lake district sites Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Pippy

PostSubject: Re: Lake district sites   Lake district sites EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks so much for that, info duly stored away. On-site bistro is exactly the phrase we were after in this weather!

I really appreciate being able to come here with my questions, and know that either I can search for the answers, or have people share their knowledge when I ask. Thanks so much, brilliant little VW place Smile
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Lake district sites   Lake district sites EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:29 am

Pippy wrote:
... brilliant little VW place Smile

Thank you Very Happy

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Lake district sites Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lake district sites   Lake district sites Empty

Back to top Go down

Lake district sites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: Brazilian Bay friendly Campsites and Camping Clubs-
Jump to: