brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?

Go down 
+14
michel_bonn
jill
Happyhouse
gordonmac
dazdub
EvoFylde
MarcusH
Sunny
Matt
Dalesman
AbsintheKombi
beakyboy
JLS 62
TimV
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Where to next? What features?
Spain
Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 12 ]
Italian Lakes
Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 9 ]
Walking distance from a beach
Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
Short drive to a beach
Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Inland location
Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
On-site restaurant
Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
On-site bar
Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
On-site sports facilities ie. tennis, basketball ...
Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 5 ]
Walking distance to nearby town
Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 9 ]
On-site shop
Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 6 ]
Organised evening entertainment
Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 67

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Gordon - that's exactly what we're doing right now - albeit the other way round. Sailing back from Santander next Sunday. Currently in the Dordogne.

Got a big drive on Monday to Espelette, in the foothills of the Pyrenees. Will have to be an early start.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Happyhouse

Happyhouse

Cabin : Exec 007

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm

we like the idea of the long ferry to spain, happy to go wherever once there but near a lovely beach would be great.  return to france would also be good
Back to top Go down
jill

jill

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:57 am

Hi
Next year we would love to join you all, work commitments allowing.

We are off to France and Spain in 2 weeks, taking ferry from France across to Gijon Spain and back the same way.

Just be aware when considering your next trip , In August for 2 people in a campervan to go direct to Santander is about £980 return , so it may be quite a pricy option.

We would be happy to go wherever Jill
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:00 pm

Look forward to seeing the photos of the trip Absinthe
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:35 am

i would say you drive to italy! because
you must drive about germany so i could see you ;-) when it is okay for you?
but also spain i would be drive, when you are on the east site of spain.
michel_bonn

________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Michel could have come up with an alternative option.. Germany and Switzerland? 
Mind would mean travelling from Dover and I'd struggle to put you all up overnight Very Happy 

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Germany , Switzerland ??? Mmmmmm
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:59 am

black forest germany
Back to top Go down
Roobarb

Roobarb

Cabin : Exec 042

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:40 am

jill wrote:

Just be aware when considering your next trip , In August for 2 people in a campervan  to go direct to Santander is about  £980 return ,  so it may be quite a pricy option.

Jill
Our peak season return crossing (Dover/Calais) with DFDS and booked through the Caravan Club cost £44, a saving of £936 which buys an awful lot of petrol...  

I must admit that we like the idea of Italy because it is a pukka road trip, you can travel through France, Germany and Switzerland to get there, and would be fun to do in a group.  It would however need several stops in both directions to keep each days travel to a realistic level, and this may not appeal to families with youngsters.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:59 am

I've done a round trip through France, Switzerland to the Italian lakes and then back through France. It was amazing. But agree with kids they'd need decent stops so it would need to be a 3 week tour minimum.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:33 am

Crickey, Tim, who has time to take a three week tour?

Greetings from Espelette, two weeks in, one to go...

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 am

Absinthe wrote:
Crickey, Tim, who has time to take a three week tour?

Greetings from Espelette, two weeks in, one to go...
What was your second name Abs? Oh yeah .... DELEGATION Wink 

Hope you're having fun and Absinthe is skipping along gently on her tyres .....

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:43 am

All going well Tim. Weather not so good but off to the Corniche at Saint Jean de Luz today as recommended by the site office.

Heading to Spain on Thursday although we're only about 20 miles from the border at the moment.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Roobarb

Roobarb

Cabin : Exec 042

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:53 am

This semi-retirement lark is a right pain eh Absinthe?

We are off again to France at the weekend, but only for 27 days...  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:06 pm

I don't think having Fridays off counts as semi-retirement. One day, one day... Enjoy your trip.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:25 pm

2 campsites I'd like you to look at please.

http://alanrogers.com/campsites/camping-playa-joyel-ES90000

http://alanrogers.com/campsites/camping-caravaning-arenal-de-moris-ES89550

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

michel_bonn

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:11 pm

however you will drive to - france,spain or italy please say it early, then i could take my holiday plan for my work. so i could come a few day with you, if it´s okay. but not 3 weeks :-) i think 4 days.
michel_bonn

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 5:00 pm

We're staying here tomorrow Tim.

http://www.campinglapaz.com/

If we get chance we'll try and have a look at those on your post. We may be pushed for time though.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:05 am

Both look very nice Smile
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:08 am

The playa joyel one is in correct direction for Bilboa and San Sebastian, we would probably got to one or both of these as an excursion.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:34 am

Here's the direct website for the second campsite I found with Alan Rogers. I think it looks rather nice. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. I've spoken with Jean, our agent for this year's Kaper as Select-Sites do the Playa Joel campsite. She's coming back to me with details as to whether they'd be prepared to take a large group.

In the meantime please checkout this campsite:

Arenal de Moris

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:38 am

Just been chatting to a couple on this site with a 79 Bay. They have recommended a site near Potes in the Picos.

It's about 2.5 hours drive from Santander and has spectacular views of the mountains. Apparently, it's very clean and well kept and the walk into town is about 15 minutes.

They reckon they could accommodate a dozen vans if we booked in advance.

The mobile web site is here:

http://campinglaviorna.mobi/en/

For the full site Google Camping Laviorna, Potes.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:50 am

Looks beautiful Abs, but not near a beach, which seems a common request for our next Kaper. Also reading the reviews, the fact the pitches are small features a lot. We'll definitely need room for the event shelters plus all the other accessories we take!

Think I'll add some questions to the poll ....

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:13 am

I've added some options into the poll - please give these some consideration and tick the relevant boxes.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:47 pm

Not sure if it's me but it won't let me pick more than one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?   Kaper - Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Kontinental Kaper: where to next?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next