brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Keep your eyes peeled please!

Go down 
+6
dizzylizard
Sunny
Gina Tonic
TimV
MarcusH
gordonmac
10 posters
AuthorMessage
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

Keep your eyes peeled please! Empty
PostSubject: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 7:23 am

Hurray, my friend has decided to join the BraziBay team. Can you keep your eyes peeled for any second hand Kombis for sale?

She wants a blue/green colour - teal, so suspect will need a wrap or respray, but will add to the Kombi rainbow of colours!

Anyone thinking of selling, let me know.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 9:04 am

Are they looking for air or aqua
If they are strong and may be good at tug of war I would think an aqua bay would be best
Recruiting early!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:47 am

I wouldn't advise holding out for a particular colour.  Set budget first and if necessary put aside £1500 for a decent lower half respray.  The teal colour you describe is out there but I've only seen a handful, it is lovely looking and suits the BraziBay well.  Such as in this vid:

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Keep your eyes peeled please! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Cheers Tim - I think that's exactly the colour she has in mind.
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:25 pm

Thanks Maggie - well spotted - agree, looks very much like teal!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 4:17 pm

More info about that one in the 2009 for £25k post in the 'elsewhere' section.

________________________________________________________________________________
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Gina Tonic

Cabin : Exec 020

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 11:16 am

Margot is teal. Sorry to go slightly off topic but do any of you clever people know how I go about finding the colour code as there are a few stone chips we would like to touch up? Thank you.

Good luck 'Hurray', hope you find your Brazibay soon.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Gina Tonic wrote:
Margot is teal. Sorry to go slightly off topic but do any of you clever people know how I go about finding the colour code as there are a few stone chips we would like to touch up? Thank you.

Good luck 'Hurray', hope you find your Brazibay soon.  Smile 
Should be on the nearside headlight bulge, in the cabin.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 3:18 pm

As sunny says, Gina there should be a sticker that looks something like this.

Keep your eyes peeled please! Paint_10

I just googled LA6M VW and it came back with some sites to get the right colour and touch up paint.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Don't have that on mine

Keep your eyes peeled please! Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Pretty sure we don't either.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 6:32 pm

Shouldn't have peeled it off Wink
Back to top Go down
URmysunshine

URmysunshine

Cabin : Exec 043

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 9:06 pm

I've just mentioned these stickers to my husband as he just asked me if we knew what our colour was & he's now gone outside to check!!
Back to top Go down
URmysunshine

URmysunshine

Cabin : Exec 043

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Nope, no sticker here.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Sunny wrote:
Shouldn't have peeled it off Wink

If only. Was never there to start with

Keep your eyes peeled please! Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:40 pm

Oops sorry Gina, perhaps I should have said there might be .... instead of should be.  Embarassed 

Can only suggest that you contact Danbury, or whoever did the conversion. I would have thought that they have a note of the paint code used, on their records, in case it was needed to do a match at a later date.

Failing that there are paintshops that can use a machine to photo-analyse the colour on your Kombi.

Before I realised the significance of the sticker I got an analysis done by Carpaint Warehouse in Bristol and they came up with an exact match.

I would imagine there are similar places in your part of the country.

(In view of the reservations above, I'm not saying it is the right colour, but VAG dark teal comes up as LA6U, which may be a pointer to what you could be looking for, obviously doing an exact match against your paintwork first.)

http://www.gti16v.com/vwcsla6u.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:54 pm

I'm sure Danbury will have all the details you need for your colour match Rolling Eyes Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:41 pm

gordonmac wrote:
Hurray, my friend has decided to join the BraziBay team.  Can you keep your eyes peeled for any second hand Kombis for sale?

She wants a blue/green colour - teal, so suspect will need a wrap or respray, but will add to the Kombi rainbow of colours!

Anyone thinking of selling, let me know.

Thanks.

Hi gordanmac,

I know its not teal, but theres a red 2006 air coooled listed on gumtree in Bothwell. Fairly pricey at £26K, but its a very high spec and has been listed before so there may be a deal to make. Also gives your friend a chance to look at another bus fairly close to home.

Good luck with the search!
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks Skytiger,

Well spotted - have let my friend know.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/stunning-vw-air-cooled-t2-campervan-2006-brazilian-import-rhd-volkswagen-camper-van-price-drop/1046374174#photo-content
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:54 pm

gordonmac wrote:
Thanks Skytiger,

Well spotted - have let my friend know.  

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/stunning-vw-air-cooled-t2-campervan-2006-brazilian-import-rhd-volkswagen-camper-van-price-drop/1046374174#photo-content

Something makes me think this is an ex-rental Kombi. The pics tend to give it away. No problem with that, just keep it in mind when haggling.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Gina Tonic

Cabin : Exec 020

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Thanks Dizzylizard, Sunny and Lilyvdub for your suggestions.

Embarassed Sorry, back to topic.

Tracey
x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keep your eyes peeled please!   Keep your eyes peeled please! Empty

Back to top Go down

Keep your eyes peeled please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: