brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Roof racks

Go down 
+8
Zac
jj123vw
pastymaster
kiteman
TimV
Matt
irishman
stoneyuk
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:37 am

Good tip Zac, I've been using inner tube rubber from a bike tyre to protect my paint. I've had the stainless bow type from heritage for 3 years now, take it off in the winter, but still in great condition.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:41 am

A roof rack would spoil Max's aerodynamics!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:45 am

Ummmmm, there's no answer to that, the 'sportzkombi' does look good as he is!
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:26 pm

Denni wrote:
Hi Pasty,
the time traveller ones do not fit unfortunately.

We have the Heritage specific Braziian one, £300 odd quid. Ours has taken a battering and it is still in excellent nick.
Haven't cleaned it or taken it off thebus and still going strong.

Well worth the money.

TimV wrote:
When you say the Time Traveller ones don't fit Denni - in what way? Have you seen one close up? I'm just curious how a company can offer a product if it doesn't actually fit the job it's designed for.

Thanks for the feedback Denni, but I'm intrigued the same as Tim. Was it definitely the Brazilian specific one that you have seen?

________________________________________________________________________________

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pastymaster
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:16 pm

I have one made by Mick of Time Travellers. It was the first one he made to my spec, it does fit and it is a reasonable cost compared to others on the market.
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:33 pm

olive wrote:
I have one made by Mick of Time Travellers. It was the first one he made to my spec, it does fit and it is a reasonable cost compared to others on the market.

Thanks Olive Very Happy

Have you got a close up photo of it so I can see what they look like fitted please. Cool

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:40 pm

pastymaster wrote:
olive wrote:

Have a look at Olive in the gallery section.

Thanks Olive Very Happy

Have you got a close up photo of it so I can see what they look like fitted please. Cool
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Cheers Olive, I've had a look over on your pics and the rack looks great. Like you say they are a lot cheaper compared to most others out there.

Not only that, but it does look good.

I think I'll have to add one to the shopping list. I wonder if they will powder coat one white for us though Smile

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:57 pm

pastymaster wrote:
Cheers Olive, I've had a look over on your pics and the rack looks great. Like you say they are a lot cheaper compared to most others out there.

Not only that, but it does look good.

I think I'll have to add one to the shopping list. I wonder if they will powder coat one white for us though Smile

Originally I had it silver but got it painted white 12 months later. I am sure Mick will do it for you he's a good bloke.
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Cool

Thanks Olive

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Yep, same as mine. You only need to put a small piece of rubber between the bracket and the gutter to stop any scratches.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:17 pm

So I was right about them being the ones fitted by VW Kampers. As is evident in the photo of their recent demo Kombi outside their workshop.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:25 pm

TimV wrote:
So I was right about them being the ones fitted by VW Kampers. As is evident in the photo of their recent demo Kombi outside their workshop.

It might not be the case, I got my rack direct from Mick. Would be interesting to know if VWK are supplying them and at what cost
Back to top Go down
pastymaster

pastymaster

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 pm

It would be interesting to know the cost difference if anybody knows Smile

pastymaster

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:39 pm

I think it's unlikely VWK sell them for less than Time Travellers.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi all just order one of the time travellers racks At deva in silver powder coat also in White and black will post pics when I get it and fit it Smile
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Got roof rack well happy very well made and an ace fit comes with all fixings rubber feet covers and rubber gasket for brackets Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 D9d152a8
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:03 pm

SmileRoof - Roof racks - Page 2 30aad836Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 1ab643b6
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:02 pm

Certainly looks like it's manufacture has been thought through well and at that price you can't go wrong.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 am

Good bit of advice, give the wooden slats a couple of coats of water repellant wood colour stain, thats what I did especially at the ends at the front as they take a bit of a battering against the elements. I'm glad your pleaed with it as its very well made. You will paint it white eventually as I did, white makes it look better on the roof. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Does anyone have the contact details for TimeTravellersUK as the Web link isn't working and I wish to check out their roofrack.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
mixdubs

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:12 am

Hi Guy's
Sorry for the delay had problems with old website our new one is www.timetravellersuk.com

cheers mick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roof racks   Roof - Roof racks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roof racks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2