brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack

Go down 
+13
Firebird
stuartmeldrum
timmm
Sunny
JLS 62
kiteman
olive
jj123vw
ianclarke1970
TimV
Kaz
Baylee
Scooby
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack Empty
PostSubject: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyTue May 06, 2014 3:05 pm

How many of you are able to fit your awning in the cab roof rack? I am guessing that this could be and ideal place to transport it except maybe for the effect on centre of gravity.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyTue May 06, 2014 7:50 pm

When we take our awning (a Kyham Motordome Sleeper) we often use our rack - see below

roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack Img_7114

Always stays in place - even at this angle  Wink

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Baylee

Baylee

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:29 pm

ooh never thought to try and store it there, might give it a try on our cab roof rack.
Back to top Go down
Kaz

Kaz

Cabin : Exec 057

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 8:51 am

Awning, 1 chair and a clothes airer fits quite well!

roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack Image40}
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:35 am

Don't forget, the more you pack over the cab, the more 'sway' your BraziBay will demonstrate in crosswinds! Very much like sitting at the back of a plane next to the rudder!  Wink 

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Kaz

Kaz

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:59 am

Quite, we removed the dog for that reason  Smile 
Back to top Go down
ianclarke1970

ianclarke1970

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 11:40 am

I do like the roof Rack!!
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:47 pm

I put my vango no poles awning on the roof rack as it's only one bag ( not two ) . Leaves me space for other stuff too then like chairs etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:46 pm

What model of Vango is that Jason, the Airbeam?
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:33 pm

I have the Vango Kela. We sell them at Danbury. We also stock the Sapera. Fab awnings and no poles to carry/loose/bend etc… Takes no time to erect as well :-)
Back to top Go down
Kaz

Kaz

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Id like to second that! Our Vango Kela was a great success, was easy to put up and take down, even for us! And it fits perfectly on the roof rack. (When do I get my commission?)  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Baylee

Baylee

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:40 pm

TimV wrote:
Don't forget, the more you pack over the cab, the more 'sway' your BraziBay will demonstrate in crosswinds!  Very much like sitting at the back of a plane next to the rudder!   Wink 

hmmm..... so it doesn't counter balance the weight of all the other stuff in the back then!
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Baylee wrote:
TimV wrote:
Don't forget, the more you pack over the cab, the more 'sway' your BraziBay will demonstrate in crosswinds!  Very much like sitting at the back of a plane next to the rudder!   Wink 

hmmm..... so it doesn't counter balance the weight of all the other stuff in the back then!

Scooby has not had any trouble - but as you can see from the pic it is fairly flat in the rack!

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:11 pm

Clearly the higher you pack stuff, the more of an obstruction it becomes for the airflow.  That's why you don't see many aircraft with roof racks.  Except this one:

roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack Nasa10
Pic courtesy of NASA.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Impressive but not as good as the stunt in Top Gun
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:49 pm

olive wrote:

Question  scratch 

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Agreed, one of my concerns is the effect on centre of gravity. Still it seems a shame to waste a good roof rack.
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:54 pm

TimV wrote:
olive wrote:

Question  scratch 

Wrong movie......what a muppet! You will have to bear with me I'm having a senior moment.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 8:14 pm

When to comes to aerodynamics I don't think our kombis have much of a head start. Doubt you would notice much difference. Wouldn't worry about COG either. The hardest part will be getting it up there

roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:12 pm

We get our Khyam Motordome sleeper on the roof rack plus two chairs plus two foldable scooters. Barely makes a difference to handling !!  However with the object we put on the roof in the second photo handling is much improved as I am not constantly turning round to break up the verbal fights !!

roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack Img_4110

roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack Img_4012
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:15 am

Just noticed Sunny in your photo JLS; I can see reflections in her side. So she was clean and shiny once then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Jason.... How much could you do us a Vango Kela for ?

I think they retail at £449...thank you.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:35 pm

I can do you a deal on an ex display one I have at 420 collected or plus courier of you require delivery to your door . Hope that helps :-)
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 am

Thanks for trying Jason, but by the time I get it back here with the courier cost it'l be about the same price as a brand new one. Thank you for trying though.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
stuartmeldrum

stuartmeldrum

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:45 pm

I have a kyham 4 (pole less) and I can get that and our gazebo on our rack very easily and I dont think it effects the bus as its not a finely balanced sports car lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   roof - Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack Empty

Back to top Go down

Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next