brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack

Go down 
+13
Firebird
stuartmeldrum
timmm
Sunny
JLS 62
kiteman
olive
jj123vw
ianclarke1970
TimV
Kaz
Baylee
Scooby
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:49 pm

olive wrote:
Impressive but not as good as the stunt in Top Gun

Question  scratch 

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Agreed, one of my concerns is the effect on centre of gravity. Still it seems a shame to waste a good roof rack.
Back to top Go down
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:54 pm

TimV wrote:
olive wrote:
Impressive but not as good as the stunt in Top Gun

Question  scratch 

Wrong movie......what a muppet! You will have to bear with me I'm having a senior moment.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 8:14 pm

When to comes to aerodynamics I don't think our kombis have much of a head start. Doubt you would notice much difference. Wouldn't worry about COG either. The hardest part will be getting it up there

________________________________________________________________________________
Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:12 pm

We get our Khyam Motordome sleeper on the roof rack plus two chairs plus two foldable scooters. Barely makes a difference to handling !!  However with the object we put on the roof in the second photo handling is much improved as I am not constantly turning round to break up the verbal fights !!

Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 Img_4110

Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 Img_4012
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:15 am

Just noticed Sunny in your photo JLS; I can see reflections in her side. So she was clean and shiny once then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Jason.... How much could you do us a Vango Kela for ?

I think they retail at £449...thank you.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:35 pm

I can do you a deal on an ex display one I have at 420 collected or plus courier of you require delivery to your door . Hope that helps :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 am

Thanks for trying Jason, but by the time I get it back here with the courier cost it'l be about the same price as a brand new one. Thank you for trying though.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
stuartmeldrum

stuartmeldrum

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:45 pm

I have a kyham 4 (pole less) and I can get that and our gazebo on our rack very easily and I dont think it effects the bus as its not a finely balanced sports car lol.
Back to top Go down
Firebird

Firebird

Cabin : Exec 054

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:42 pm

This was our roof rack loaded with Outwell Awning, poles and 4 folding chairs when we left Pentewan near St Austell to head over to Gwithian Farm at the top end of St Ives Bay (one of the loveliest campsites and an easy walk to the most beautiful beach).  No crosswinds as we cut across Cornwall but then we were firmly anchored by our new addition - Willow ('cos she Will Follow!).  She literally is a Bed Bug.  Cosy for 2 friendly adults but perfect for our 17 year old teenagerAwnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 Img_2010
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 8:42 am

Love those little teardrop trailers. That's my project for next year. You can buy plans on the internet and build your own. As you say perfect for teenagers who have 'grown out' of sleeping in the roof. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:58 pm

When we take our Kyham Sleeper Awning we often place it on the roof rack.
Have not heard Scooby complaining!  Laughing 
Roo b Roo
 jocolor

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:42 pm

Jason.

we have the vango airbeam as you know ... we love it as its so easy to put up.
but were struggling to get it sealed down the sides of the van, weve tried figure of 8, and clamp and pole but it just seems that there's too much material.... are we doing something wrong, and do you have any pics as it should be or demo videos etc... cheers...

Timmm
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Silicon sealer? Wink

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 8:18 pm

Are there any eyelets at the bottom to peg it down?

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 6:53 am

It's got the ties and outlets to peg it down....but when stretched it's too far away from the body so leaves a gap for the wind to blow through...

Timmm
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 8:03 am

Clearly a differnt awning, but when ours is connected we peg the bottom slightly under the van and the elastic edge hugs the van quite nicely.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 5:44 am

Has anyone who's got the exact same awning as us any pics of theirs attached to their bus?

Timmm
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 8:49 am

Timmm. From memory there's a pic of one along side a customers van on Facebook page www.facebook.com/Danburymotorcaravans then click on 'photos' to see all previous pics

Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
greenjc90

greenjc90

Cabin : Exec 039

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 8:34 pm

I've put a couple of pics up of Morrison with awning up - showing front and back. I am not sure it is possible to seal it and quite often I peg it away from the van so we can go in and out that way anyway. When it rains - we just peg it so it goes as far back/forward as possible wrapping round front/rear of van. But we never seem to get it the same twice. Hope that helps.

Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 2014-010

Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 2014-011
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 8:42 pm

Thanks for that pic Greenjc90. 
That's about as good as we get it to as well...
you'd think if Danbury sold and recommended  them that they would be a better fit?
I wonder still if there's a knack that we're missing out on.
Over to you jj123vw.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
greenjc90

greenjc90

Cabin : Exec 039

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 8:51 pm

I think the design is aimed to also fit T5s and similar vans and so there is some 'flexibility' in the cut of the material. If Morrison is up on chocs and a bit higher off the ground - it seems to fit better. I don't think you are ever going to get a fit like caravan awning - mmmm - gap in the market for a new kind of awning?
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Think you might be right there re the gap in the market for a new awning.
But good point of raising the bus onto chocks....We've not tried that...thank you.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack   Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Awnings that fit the Cab Roof Rack
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next