www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
Next club meet: Northern Chapter!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!

Share | 

Just so you know ... I do this for the love

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Every now and then I ask myself if people think I run this club/forum for a living.  I don't.  I make no money out of it.  All the advertising and the subs from the Executive Club go straight back into paying our subscription to the ABVWC, promotional items and mainly for paying for kit at the KOMBI Sleepover.

This year, because I want us to have a good party, as payment for the P.A. system and lighting, I have agreed to work a day at Sky for my colleague Paul who supplies the kit, because there isn't enough money in the club account to pay for it.

I'm not looking for your sympathy or anything else.  I just wanted you to know that I am 100% behind keeping you guys informed, meeting up and making the most of your BraziBays.   Basketball

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com
Voyager

Cabin : Exec 044

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 7:04 pm

I for one really appreciate what you are doing Tim, and I haven't even managed to catch that elusive aquabay yet! Once I do, I look forward to buying you a drink or three at a club event. drunken
Back to top Go down
Kaz

Cabin : Exec 057

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 7:19 pm

Much appreciated, many thanks. What would we do without you!!!  king cheers 
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 7:39 pm

It's your hard work and dedication that has made this forum what it is
Well done Tim
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 7:48 pm

Nice gesture Tim. Thank you for everything  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Be assured, Tim, that each and every one of us greatly appreciates the work you do on behalf of all of us. Your integrity is certainly never in question and we know that this isn't a money making venture for you.

Once again thanks for all you efforts and keep up the good work.

M&A.  Very Happy 

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Tim said
Quote :
I have agreed to work a day at Sky for my colleague Paul who supplies the kit, because there isn't enough money in the club account to pay for it.

A good way to support the club is to pay the small fee to join the Executive Club section.
Perhaps a few more members could contribute in this way to ease the situation.

Keep up the good work Tim

osg
Back to top Go down
RacingSnake

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Superb effort Tim this site has helped me immensely. I hope to pay it forward by recording useful things on the forum that I discover on my own journey.
Back to top Go down
irishman

Cabin : Flight 003

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Personally speaking I think you could be just a little more unselfish, work two days for him then we could have even more speakers! Smile
On a more serious note I don't think even in my former profession I have met anyone with more integrity than you Boss, and I, like the other members if the admin team know how many hours you put into this forum, and it's a huge credit to you!
Now stop winging and get back to work.
Back to top Go down
snowdrop

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 9:42 pm

tim
this site has been invaluable to me
helped me out on many an occasion
thanks mate
snowdrop x x

Back to top Go down
dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks tim for all your hard work and making brazilianvwbay what it is Smile
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 10:12 pm

The hard work is truly appreciated Tim and agree that none of us have ever doubted your integrity.. The site has been invaluable to me and many others... Even more importantly you introduced us all to Goats Milk!!

Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
michel_bonn

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 11:02 pm

tim, i know what you are doing for us, for all people here. let me say: very thank you for all this at that forum and the work you do in your free time.

sometimes i dont understand little sentences , but always you are positive here to me.
all the best
michel

http://www.t2-c.de
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2-c.de
Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 11:05 pm

Tim - I don't know how you find the energy and time to devote to what must be the best VW forum on the web.... but it is very much appreciated by us all.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Just to balance this out - love your efforts on the Forum but not sure about your musical taste!  Wink

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Thu May 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Tim we have always appreciated all of the effort you put into this Forum
You can be proud of what has been achieved over the last few years
The club is going from strength to strength with a great Kombi-nation of folks!

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Fri May 16, 2014 6:40 am

Very Happy Thank you all. Basketball 

Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com
Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Fri May 16, 2014 6:41 am

The forum is like a big supportive family helping everyone to get the best from their kombi.

So should we call you Dad or Pops? Wink
Back to top Go down
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Fri May 16, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Tim,

I would struggle to keep my Dub on the road without the knowledge support and guidance from you and this forum.

I have not been a very consistent visitor to the forum this last year or so, in fact my Dub only did 5 miles last year but was MOT’d yesterday cheers  Anyway, the Executive Lounge completely passed me by (thanks for prompt osg) so you will have a new member very shortly.

I would also suggest to those infrequent visitors like me who have not contributed a lot back to the forum lately, but get valuable advice when they need it, that the Exec club is a small price to pay!

Thanks for all the hard work Tim it’s much appreciated.
Cheers K.

2006 Air-Cooled Duby
Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Cabin : Exec 020

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Fri May 16, 2014 9:52 am

Thanks also from us Tim. Raising the profile of our kombi's and giving freely so much time and effort for us all is much appreciated.
Along with many I'm always looking through the search facility for answers, this forum is a mine of information! So also a BIG thank you to all that post.  Very Happy  Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Rebeldog

PostSubject: Re: Just so you know ... I do this for the love   Sun May 18, 2014 8:24 pm

I certainly appreciate all your efforts. Running and moderating a forum is never easy. It is a mine of information, and there is lots of encouragement for those like myself who have little idea what they are doing most of the time. I can't imagine anyone doubts your integrity.
No idea what you are talking about, but I drink goats milk.
Back to top Go down

Just so you know ... I do this for the love
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: