brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Camper Safe Barbecue

Go down 
+3
dizzylizard
AbsintheKombi
Hemlock
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Camper Safe Barbecue Empty
PostSubject: Camper Safe Barbecue   Camper Safe Barbecue EmptyFri May 30, 2014 4:19 pm

We have been using one of these for a few years now and it seems ideal for the camper as it comes with its own fireproof bag to store it safely after use.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003HC8BUO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=479289247&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0018BVVIU&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1TKM1PWE3PX8W7R04SAX
Back to top Go down
Hemlock

Hemlock

Cabin : Exec 055

PostSubject: Re: Camper Safe Barbecue   Camper Safe Barbecue EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Other than the Son of Hibachi, can anyone recommend any other good, compact bbqs?
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Camper Safe Barbecue   Camper Safe Barbecue EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 10:24 pm

We've got a Weber. Takes up a bit of space but quite useful although I'm not a massive BBQ fan.

It's one of these: http://www.weber.com/grills/series/weber-q-series/1000

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Camper Safe Barbecue   Camper Safe Barbecue EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:51 pm

We have one of these which packs down small, and works off the same 907 gas bottle as the hob and grill. (can also be converted to run off disposable HP canisters with a special regulator if required)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cadac-Safari-Chef-LP-Barbecue/dp/B000JUJMW8

Camper Safe Barbecue Bbq10
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Camper Safe Barbecue   Camper Safe Barbecue EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:10 am

With my Health and Safety hat on can I recommend that no-one uses a BBQ in their Kombi or awning. Carbon Monoxide is a particularly poisonous substance - be safe.
Fine to use outside though..... sunny
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Camper Safe Barbecue   Camper Safe Barbecue EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:08 am

Also please doo make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector.
They are cheap these days and they are literally a life saver - see one example in the link below.

Detector

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Camper Safe Barbecue   Camper Safe Barbecue EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:15 am

We love our Cobb BBQ - thanks Sunny!

So much more than a 'regular' BBQ, we've cooked curries, a whole chicken and numerous other things as well as hundreds of BBQ favourites - burgers, sausages, steak etc.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Camper Safe Barbecue   Camper Safe Barbecue EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:18 am

Good point HH, apologies if my post was misleading. What I meant to say was you don't have to carry a spare gas bottle just to run the BBQ, you can disconnect the one fitted to the hob, and take it outside to run it.

Also recommend everyone has a carbon monoxide detector in their kombi. Ours sits quite happily on top of the rear corner cupboard. It's so sensitive that if I run Pats car for a couple of minutes on the drive, it sets it off. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Camper Safe Barbecue   Camper Safe Barbecue EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:04 am

Tallulah wrote:
We love our Cobb BBQ - thanks Sunny!
My pleasure, though I must admit, while at the camping show at the NEC recently, I saw the Cobb display and had a nostalgic thought. Great bit of kit, just couldn't be bothered with it all. I'm tending towards the gas canister grills, like I think Absinthe uses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camper Safe Barbecue   Camper Safe Barbecue Empty

Back to top Go down

Camper Safe Barbecue
Page 1 of 1