brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Clever Storage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Clever Storage Empty
PostSubject: Clever Storage   Clever Storage EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:24 pm

As we arrived half way through Saturday we never got the chance to have a good look at the inside of other people's vans. I was particularly keen to see how everyone has used all the little storage nooks and crannies, for example I have yet to find a use for the spaces under the seats.

So let's hear about the clever storage ideas you have come up with (photos make it so much easier)
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

Clever Storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clever Storage   Clever Storage EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:33 pm

We have loads of stuff under the front seats. Boxes of tent pegs, a hammer/mallet, dog spike, flip flops, dust pan and brush, kitchen roll, etc

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

Clever Storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clever Storage   Clever Storage EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:42 pm

we have a Rio layout and the use cupboards as follows.

Under the seat: pitching peripherals such as levelling ramps and chocks, EHU cable, table leg and tripod base, a picnic blanket as well as jump leads, jack, wheel brace and warning triangle. Anti slip mats go in there too when appropriate although only if clean!

Cupboard 1 (below hob/grill): all cookware and crockery.

Cupboard 2 (incl fresh water container): all food and drink unless it needs to be chilled.

Cupboard 3 (above cupboard 2): a plastic container with tea, coffee and sugar, plus a few relevant books, binoculars, pack of cards and dominoes. We also add torches, lights and misc other items for personal use.

Cupboard 4 (gas cupboard): jumpers/ hoodies, gaffer tape, portable TV/free view if/when we take it.

A rubber mallet and small dustpan and brush live behind the drivers seat, a radiator when needed lives behind the passenger seat, maps and other paperwork in the pocket on the rear of the drivers seat, plastic bags and hi vis jackets in the pocket on rear of passenger seat.

Buddy seats hosts our toilet and small bottles with toilet chemicals, I also squeeze in the puncture repair kit and pump if we take a bike or bikes with us.

Everything else is bagged and stored elsewhere in the van unless we have a trailer in which case all but clothes and bedding are stored there assuming there is room.

Oh and our JK cool box sits between the front seats with fridge overflow items which is normally booze and one or two soft drinks.

I think that's it!

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com

Clever Storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clever Storage   Clever Storage EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:51 pm

It's impressive that you can rattle that lot off, I have heard that owners of American RVs draw a cupboard map especially for the outside lockers to save time searching for things.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

Clever Storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clever Storage   Clever Storage EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 2:06 pm

We like to travel light and go back to basics when we're out and about so only have the Amigo layout with 1 cupboard. This has water storage, eating and cooking equipment.

Under the rear seat has my Amps and Sub which olny leaves room for leveling chocks, flags and poles.

The buddy seat is where we keep the food and drink supplies

Clever Storage Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
JLS 62

JLS 62

Cabin : Club
Location : Leicester - the centre of the world - sorry England

Clever Storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clever Storage   Clever Storage EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 2:35 pm

Under the front seat (from memory), we have the hook up lead and bunting (don't ask). Under the other seat I can't remember.

Behind the driver's seat we have the table top, dustpan and brush, pair of flip flops, mallet, pump to inflate air bed. Behind the passenger seat we have the table stand, levelling chocks and probably various other bits of detritus !!

Under the rear seat we have the black out blinds, a clothes hanger thing, jars for tea lights (!) and probably a few other things that I can't remember. Oh yes - ear protectors for the noise at Big Bang - an annual trip and well worth it !!
Back to top Go down

Clever Storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clever Storage   Clever Storage EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 2:43 pm

Another place I haven't used yet is the little tray area behind the rear cupboard (wardrobe). I am thinking of putting in some straps for MrsRS's camera tripod.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

Clever Storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clever Storage   Clever Storage EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 2:55 pm

RacingSnake wrote:
It's impressive that you can rattle that lot off, I have heard that owners of American RVs draw a cupboard map especially for the outside lockers to save time searching for things.  

Tallulah is hired out so I run through it in details with every new hire as part of the hand over process. This time of year I recite it in my sleep!

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

Clever Storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clever Storage   Clever Storage EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 4:44 pm

RacingSnake wrote:
Another place I haven't used yet is the little tray area behind the rear cupboard (wardrobe).  I am thinking of putting in some straps for MrsRS's camera tripod.
That's where I carry a spare gas bottle, used for the Cadac, and mallet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clever Storage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clever Storage   Clever Storage Empty

Back to top Go down

Clever Storage
Page 1 of 1