brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device

Go down 
+3
AbsintheKombi
Sunny
Tallulah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device Empty
PostSubject: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 11:16 pm

The process is actually very simple and almost exactly the same as when using a PC except that the "copy" button on one of the screens won't work so you need to select the text and use the iOS copy/paste features instead.

First, select the 'upload/save image' icon from the navigation. It looks like this:
Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device Image30

Next, click 'choose file' and (assuming you have already taken your pic) 'choose existing' then browse to the pic you want to upload and click 'host it'.

You will then see 3 options. Because the copy button won't work within iOS, you need to use the iOS copy/paste functions instead. Carefully highlight the text contained in the 'image URL' bottom field. Do this by zooming in and carefully selecting part of it (eg the .jpg bit at the end) then drag the selection box to highlight the rest.
Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device Image31

Be careful to only select the text, not the whole field as this won't work, then click 'copy' - the iDevice one, not the one on the actual page.

Now click on the 'insert image' icon which is next to the upload icon, and paste what has just been copied into the 'http' field and click 'insert'.
Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device Image32

That's it, you done it!

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:11 am

Great instructions Tallulah

Tallulah wrote:
Because the copy button won't work within iOS, you need to use the iOS copy/paste functions instead. Carefully highlight the text contained in the 'image URL' bottom field. Do this by zooming in and carefully selecting part of it

And therein lies my problem. On my phone, I can't actually select the text to highlight and copy. Guess I need an ios device to do that  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 7:57 am

Sunny wrote:
Great instructions Tallulah

Tallulah wrote:
Because the copy button won't work within iOS, you need to use the iOS copy/paste functions instead. Carefully highlight the text contained in the 'image URL' bottom field. Do this by zooming in and carefully selecting part of it

And therein lies my problem. On my phone, I can't actually select the text to highlight and copy. Guess I need an ios device to do that  scratch 

It can be a bit tricky, have you tried zooming in so you can be more precise with your selection?

________________________________________________________________________________
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 8:46 am

That's timely advice - I actually worked out how to do it last night on the iPad - great minds, eh?

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 10:32 am

AbsintheKombi wrote:
That's timely advice - I actually worked out how to do it last night on the iPad - great minds, eh?

Indeed! I made this post on my iPad, I even grabbed and edited the images first before uploading them!

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:03 pm

Works for Android as well folks.

Edited the title to help with searches

Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:49 pm

cheers 

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 9:39 am

I'm going to give it a try ........

Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device Image12
Caption "you're not coming into the Kombi looking like that Barney" !

That appears to work. Thank you for the instructions.  Very Happy

Last edited by harryhornet on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 am

Nice wet dog!

You need to paste the code into the field on the 'insert image' pop-up, or you can wrap it in
Code:
[img]
and
Code:
[/img]
tags.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 9:48 am

Yep. Got it now. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 pm

Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device Img_2012

Just testing from my kindle, become beach, new year's day.

Matt.

Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device Img_2014
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Everyone knows it can be a pain in the a*** uploading pics from a mobile so I've been doing some testing to find an easier solution. The main problem (as I see it) is that the image hosting setup on the forum just doesn't lend itself to mobile devices - no 'app'.

There are numerous cloud storage options for images but most of them focus on being a secure backup for these images, with limited sharing options. While it is technically possible to get a 'real' url for a specific image on most of them (Google photos, Amazon photos etc) it's not particularly easy, so no better than the current setup.

Personally, I use Amazon Photos which is part of my Prime subscription and gives unlimited cloud photo storage with an 'auto upload' from my devices. However, I also have both Google and Microsoft services so could also use Google Photos or OneDrive in the same way. The hope is that I will always have a backup of any photo I take on any of my mobile devices which is great, but doesn't help with pics on the forum.

I've also looked at a few other services, and one that seems to be very easy to use is PhotoBucket which is free to use (up to 8gb), has a simple upload feature (I turned off auto upload) and very easily gives you a direct link url for any uploaded pic that you can use directly on the forum.

So, here's the 'how to'...

Sorry, you've arrived a tad early, haven't finished writing it yet. Check back in an hour or so.

Edit:

Here you go:

Uploading Images with Photobucket

Freedom, in style...

Last edited by Tallulah on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:07 pm

Tallulah wrote:

So, here's the 'how to'...

Sorry, you've arrived a tad early, haven't finished writing it yet. Check back in an hour or so.
Two hours and waiting..... Sleep bounce bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:38 pm

The timing of the posts proves that isn't true so stop being inpatient....

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Appreciate your help Tallulah.

Sunny .... I hope your post above was a joke.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 3:34 pm

It works. Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device 046243CB-7F4C-4BC6-AB2B-4F2AB9C9002E_zpspf0r4hzz

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 3:59 pm

AbsintheKombi wrote:
It works. Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device 046243CB-7F4C-4BC6-AB2B-4F2AB9C9002E_zpspf0r4hzz

Cool

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 4:12 pm

TimV wrote:

I thought that was obvious from the emoticons
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 4:49 pm

Quote :

@TimV wrote:

I thought that was obvious from the emoticons

Mr F in misinterpreted message, shocker! Wink Wink

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:48 pm

AbsintheKombi wrote:

Mr F in misinterpreted message, shocker! Wink Wink
And no women involved, indeed, shocking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device   Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device Empty

Back to top Go down

Uploading pics from an iPad/iPhone, Android device
Page 1 of 1