brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?

Go down 
+5
jj123vw
irishman
TimV
Voyager
timmm
9 posters
AuthorMessage
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? Empty
PostSubject: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 4:08 pm

does anyone know of anyone putting a split screen front panel and split windows on a Brazilian Kombi?

________________________________________________________________________________
Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 4:37 pm

If it turned up at a split screen rally they would probably burn it as a witch. Smile
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 4:42 pm

Thought a stoning might have been in order.... but a burning might be a bit much eh?

________________________________________________________________________________
Timmm
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Err ..... why would you want to do that may I ask?

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? Melogo11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 6:00 pm

mmm yes why????
buy a split ?
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Blimey, I get enough muppets coming up and asking stupid questions about having a radiator up front, god only knows what it would be like if you had a split windscreen as well!
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Right, that does it. Next time I see one I'm going to ask what the point is of having an opening windscreen.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 9:49 pm

As has been suggested, if you want a Splittie, just buy one! I know some here have retrofied their Kombis somewhat ie. classic front air vent, Europa bumpers, even I've got smaller classic mirrors. But I think it's crucial to be proud of what your Kombi is, not try and make it look like something it isn't and further fuel the opinion of the purists who say the Brazilian T2 isn't a real one! I love it's mild evolution from the 70s design. It's pretty unique.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:16 am

I saw this panel kit years ago and to me it looked awful ... If you want a split then buy one . As Tim says I'm proud to own ( and sell ) brazi bays for what they are . A very special vehicle :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Sunny

Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:03 am

Actually, I'll side with Timmm on this one. I didn't buy the brazzi because it was a specifically a brazzi but rather because it was the most reliable incarnation of a VW camper. Quite frankly I couldn't give two hoots about the purists or the marque gurus, my Kombi fits a purpose. I've previously thought I liked the idea of the opening windscreen on a splitty but not because it was a splitty, rather because it would be a neat way to get air in. I wouldn't buy a splitty just to get the windscreen, as life with it would be too onerous. On the other hand, a split windscreen on my bay might be quite cool, in more ways than one. However, I think the cost would put it well beyond my desire to get it.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:18 am

Sunny wrote:
Actually, I'll side with Timmm on this one. I didn't buy the brazzi because it was a specifically a brazzi but rather because it was the most reliable incarnation of a VW camper. Quite frankly I couldn't give two hoots about the purists or the marque gurus, my Kombi fits a purpose. I've previously thought I liked the idea of the opening windscreen on a splitty but not because it was a splitty, rather because it would be a neat way to get air in. I wouldn't buy a splitty just to get the windscreen, as life with it would be too onerous. On the other hand, a split windscreen on my bay might be quite cool, in more ways than one. However, I think the cost would put it well beyond my desire to get it.

Flies in your face.....

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:57 am

Sunny wrote:

I'd rather have air-conditioning to be honest. I wouldn't dare say that on a split screen forum.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 11:37 am

Front quarter lights opened by more than 90 degrees = air conditioning.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Have to admit I love the look of the splitts, but would never dream of sticking one to the front of a bay, why not go the whole hog and put a T5 front on it to make it more aerodynamic.

Instead of fitting a split screen to get air in just take the screen out. Best of both worlds, the look of a bay and as much airflow as you could possibly want

SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 1:07 pm

Here's my 'split screen' kombi

SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? Split10

I don't think it does anything to improve the looks but if you want i can send you a conversion kit - just send a cheque for £50 - p+p free!!

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:56 pm

Think the wipers might chaffe somewhat there Dalesman!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:40 pm

Well......
that post certainly provoked some emotion then?

Although, if you want to have a look at my topic heading, it was asking a question ,if anyone had put a splitty front on the Brazilian, and wasnt saying that I am going to do it to ours.

However if I wanted to do extreme modifications to our Bus then im with Sunny on that one, and I would do whatever made us happy and not worry about the purists views at all.

In fact the immense amount of interest that is attracted to it isn't from other Brazzi owners but from your every day Joe Bloggs that just want to look and admire the Bus.
Most of them want one or have had an older T2 at sometime, and really have no idea that ours is only 3 years old and think that it is a original that has been restored.

Re the light hearted comment on putting a T5 front end on to out Brazzi, well we have a T5 as well, so we'll leave the front end where it is supposed to be.

But in all honesty, although the T5 knocks spots off the Brazi for comfort and performance etc etc etc.... it wouldn't have given us hardly as much pleasure and fun as the Brazzi gave us doing nearly  a 1000 miles around Scotland a few weeks ago....

Were off to the busfest next Friday for the weekend.... and guess what?
Well be in the little Brazzi Kombi.....now known as Ronnie!

Timmm
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Version 2.0 - move tape to the inside of the window to avoid wiper chaffing....

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Tallulah wrote:

Why stop there? Why not replicate the look of Splitty Safari windows on the inside of the screen?

Rolling Eyes Wink

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Tallulah wrote:

What! You mean that's tape on the front of Prescilla.

SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 11:31 pm

kiteman wrote:
Tallulah wrote:

What! You mean that's tape on the front of Prescilla.

Shocked

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:16 am

See what you can do with a bit of paint?!

SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? Blue_d10
Pic courtesy of www.vwcampervandirectory.co.uk

But let's not forget that Volkswagen thought it was actually better to 'Bay' a Splittie - and I'm inclined to agree with them!

SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? Brazil10
Pic courtesy of www.vw-transporter.weebly.com

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:53 am

Saw a very nice Brazilian Fleetline kombi while at Vdub Island. SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? Image37

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 11:18 am

Just had a look online to see what a fleetline looks like... attractive model I think.

In all fairness, I think all the Vdub t2's look good, stock standard... played with and customised...
they've all got their own individuality about them.

Timmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?   SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI? Empty

Back to top Go down

SPLIT SCREEN KOMBI?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Maintenance/Technical :: Kombi Kreative-
Jump to: