brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Which Danbury Owner's Club

Go down 
+5
Tallulah
dizzylizard
harryhornet
kiteman
osg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club Empty
PostSubject: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 pm

'Danbury' (DanburyMotorCaravans) have their own 'Danbury Owner's Club' and we are signed up there as a member.

However I now have a PM inviting me to join a different 'Danbury Owner's Club' said to be set up by some owners but with no connection to DanburyMotorCaravans.

Some confusion here!
Anyone know anything more?
osg

Last edited by osg on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:03 pm

It has nothing to do with Danbury, it's just someone running there own forum. Can't see it being of any use if your already on here

________________________________________________________________________________
danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:16 pm

I got that message yesterday and had a quick look. My conclusion - this forum is Premier league that one is non league. Razz
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Forum stats           :- Total posts 139.........topics 45........................members 64.

BrazilianVWBay      :- Total posts 48028.....topics immeasurable.........members 770.

Q.E.D  (or Res ipsa loquitur) always did gett those two mixed up Smile  

To be fair, having had a second look, most of it is aimed at T4s and other Danbury variants, not Brazibays.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:15 pm

Indeed, Danbury sell different types of vehicles not just T2s so the owners club will be for ALL Danbury vehicles.

Let's see how it does.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:17 pm

The invitation to join came by PM from a member on here with user name 'DanburyOwnersClub'
Perhaps they could add an open post here with some more details of their aspirations?
osg
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Ok, so someone out there thinks there isn't a decent website for owners of Danbury T2s.

I think we know different right?

As an employee of BSkyB I'm well aware that people may also watch TV channels broadcast by the BBC, ITV etc. Fortunately, it's a free world.

From what I've gleaned, the domain was only registered a couple of days ago, although it looks like the site has been online for a year or so. It doesn't appear to be anything to do with Danbury Motorcaravans.  I think there could be legal issues arising out of the use of the company's name if it isn't official.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 9:44 pm

TimV wrote:
Ok, so someone out there thinks there isn't a decent website for owners of Danbury T2s.

To be fair, although Rob says he owns a T2, the site is actually for all Danbury owners, ie, not just T2s.

I suspect Rob set the site up before discovering what we know is the true online home of the Brazilian T2, hence why he has only just registered here and made us aware of it.

I knew about Danbury campers long before knowing about this forum, even though I spend most of my working life online. The simple reason being that I hadn't connected the dots and searched for anything related to a 'Brazilian', just 'camper', 'campervan' or 'Danbury', and only new it existed after meeting the gang at Stoner.

If you search for 'Danbury camper' or 'Danbury campervan' BVWB doesn't get a mention until page 6.

There are probably a few T2 owners over there who could benefit from being over here, so it's probably worth someone making an occasional post to make them aware of us.

...and you're right, there might be legal issues given the explicit use of the name, not to mention the fact that Danbury already have an 'owners club'.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:14 pm

Interesting....

I've registered and will attempt to 'educate' the other users while staying with the "no advertising" forum rules.

Apparently, new posts need to be 'approved by a moderator' before being made public. Not sure if that's because I've only just registered or a more general process, but it doesn't bode well for speedy conversations or indeed openness....

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:16 pm

....also, I've found reference to 'Campervan converters Forum' which may be a former name and explain why the current domain has only recently been registered.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:57 pm

I have had a quick look at the site- I will not be defecting anytime soon.
is it just me or did anyone else think it was lacking something? I guess it's probably due to low membership .... Question
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Tallulah wrote:
Interesting....

I've registered and will attempt to 'educate' the other users while staying with the "no advertising" forum rules.

Apparently, new posts need to be 'approved by a moderator' before being made public. Not sure if that's because I've only just registered or a more general process, but it doesn't bode well for speedy conversations or indeed openness....

But it's ok for them to pm members here directly inciting them to join. Nice.

Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:07 am

TimV wrote:
Tallulah wrote:
Interesting....

Indeed.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
absquatulation

absquatulation

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:32 am

TimV wrote:

Oh... Oh....

Nobody's invited me to join.....

I know when I'm not wanted... Humph.....

[storms off to have a good cry.....]

[wails] Nobody loves me.....

I thought the van was blue, but now I'm told its Lilac
Back to top Go down
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 3:02 pm

FYI nothing to do with Danbury . As you know we already have a Danbury owners club. He sent me a pm but hasn't replied to me asking if he owns a danbury and did he know we already have an official Danbury club ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 8:04 pm

jj123vw wrote:
FYI nothing to do with Danbury . As you know we already have a Danbury owners club. He sent me a pm but hasn't replied to me asking if he owns a danbury and did he know we already have an official Danbury club ....

If you look at the very top of their site, ie, just the domain name with nothing following it, you will see a short introduction from the guy who set the site up. Says he owns a Brazi and used to own a T5.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Danbury Owner's Club   danbury - Which Danbury Owner's Club Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Danbury Owner's Club
Page 1 of 1