brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Another Power Steering System

Go down 
+6
TimV
jj123vw
Voyager
Tallulah
AbsintheKombi
timmm
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:52 am

Was given an epas of a Corsa about two years ago was going to fit it, but after several conversations about safety etc decided to leave it. Definitely have to strengthen steering box and mounts due to turning wheels when van stationery.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:18 am

I'd certainly like to know more about the integration and testing of this kit specifically on a Kombi.  If anyone learns anything further please let us know.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Gina Tonic

Cabin : Exec 020

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 9:56 am

I'm reading this thread with interest as we have been told we need a new steering box. My own silly fault as I misjudged a turning and hit the corner of kerb, BIG jolt and steering wheel showing the VW logo sideways.
So, what to do? Upgrade to PAS but guess still needing a new steering box or change to rack and pinion now at the same time. I don't want to spend money on mechanical things I don't understand, I would like new curtains and cab mats, lol! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:11 am

Gina Tonic wrote:
I'm reading this thread with interest as we have been told we need a new steering box. My own silly fault as I misjudged a turning and hit the corner of kerb, BIG jolt and steering wheel showing the VW logo sideways.
So, what to do? Upgrade to PAS but guess still needing a new steering box or change to rack and pinion now at the same time. I don't want to spend money on mechanical things I don't understand, I would like new curtains and cab mats, lol! Very Happy
have you got any play in steering now if not you could have just bent steering arm and put tracking out
Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Gina Tonic

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:16 am

Thanks for quick reply Dazdub. There is a lot of play in steering and turning one way different from the other. The mechanic said that he hoped it was tracking but it seems to be damage to the box itself.
Back to top Go down
dazdub

dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:18 am

Gina Tonic wrote:
Thanks for quick reply Dazdub. There is a lot of play in steering and turning one way different from the other. The mechanic said that he hoped it was tracking but it seems to be damage to the box itself.  
sounds like steering box is shot Sad
Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Gina Tonic

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:23 am

Sad Yes. And no half term break tomorrow. Waiting for quote today on different systems.
Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Gina Tonic

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 2:43 pm

Yay, Margot is back in action!

I made it down to Litesteer and was confident that Neil would solve my steering woes. He let me know exactly what was wrong (having paid another mechanic £130 for the privilege, grrrr!) and along with Mick got straight to work. Meanwhile Max (my dog) and I were made welcome by the lovely Gabby and sheltered from the pouring rain in her comfortable office along with Fifi and Bruno the equally friendly dogs.
Just over 4 hours later the new sytem was in place along with an upgrade to the brakes. All in all a fantastic service and amazing workmanship from the unassuming Neil and Mick. I thought I would have to lose the shelf under the steering but it all fits in snug. Driving home, even in the rain, was a dream. Thoroughly recommended! cheers
Thanks also to Tim V for the PM advice.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 2:44 pm

You're welcome and I'm glad this has had a happy ending. Now just watch out for those high kerbs ok?!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Gina Tonic

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Embarassed I promise to be more careful! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 10:43 pm

also speed ramps and sleeping policemen if your van is lowered and you have had the brake adaptor fitted!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gina Tonic

Gina Tonic

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:20 am

Thanks for the warning lilyvdub.

Are there any advantages for having a lowered kombi, lol!? One for another topic.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Power Steering System   Steering - Another Power Steering System - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Power Steering System
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2