brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

new gear shift stick

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bonnie blue

bonnie blue

Cabin : Club

new gear shift stick Empty
PostSubject: new gear shift stick   new gear shift stick EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi looking for some advice what would you recommend for a new gear shift stick? having to replace mine thanks Brenda
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: new gear shift stick   new gear shift stick EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:16 pm

We replaced our original with an empi, its been great.
Back to top Go down
bonnie blue

bonnie blue

PostSubject: Re: new gear shift stick   new gear shift stick EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:25 pm

I had a look at them looks really nice my own one nearly broke on the way down from Orkney lucky its a mostly straight road to Livingston but only just made it to the garage if i get one they are happy to fit it for me did you get yours from JKcampers? thanks skytiger
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: new gear shift stick   new gear shift stick EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 4:59 pm

Have fitted CSP shifter no problems at all benefit from empi type you have a button on the side not a ring to pull which can be quite hard if you have small fingers.
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

PostSubject: Re: new gear shift stick   new gear shift stick EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:46 pm

Our original stick first snapped at Westmoreland Services, luckily we had just pulled onto the M6 heading north, got into 4th gear and then I just handed the gear stick to Mrs Skytiger! I thought I had fixed it by weldiing and making a wee collar for it, but it then broke later that year at Findochty, managed a quick fix but snapped again for the final time just before Fochabers and we managed to make it home in 4th gear!

Think we got our empi from JustKampers, it took a wee bit fettling to adjust but fortunately I changed the gear box oil at the same time and its been great.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: new gear shift stick   new gear shift stick EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Empi here as well. Got mine from ebay

________________________________________________________________________________
new gear shift stick Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: new gear shift stick   new gear shift stick EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:49 am

I've got an Empi too. As Skytiger says, it does need careful adjustment. I had a problem with mine because the local tyre centre forced it into reverse without using the trigger and bent the lock-out plate. I had the lock-out plate re-welded, and since then I've had no problems. In terms of build quality I'm told that it is CSP, Scat and Empi in that order, but I think CSP is about 3 times the price of the Empi.
Back to top Go down
bonnie blue

bonnie blue

PostSubject: Re: new gear shift stick   new gear shift stick EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 11:01 am

yea i had a look at the CSP and was a couple of hundered pounds so dont think i can get that one this time !!It sure does cost a lot of money keeping these vans on the road!! the last couple of months ive had to buy four new tyres a steenless steel exhaust, a service to engine and inside and now this.
But they are worth it and the petrol iis great!!
I am sure ill order empi today and a couple of nice new mirrors!!thanks for all you help Brenda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new gear shift stick   new gear shift stick Empty

Back to top Go down

new gear shift stick
Page 1 of 1