brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Magnetic awning adapter

Go down 
+7
pdjenks
kiteman
Skytiger
TimV
Tallulah
harryhornet
bobbo12
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

awning - Magnetic awning adapter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnetic awning adapter   awning - Magnetic awning adapter - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 7:28 am

Bumble wrote:
harryhornet wrote:
The Kyham pole and clamp kit is the one to go for. I've tried another make and found that the pole is too thin.
Kyham currently have one on offer (although they always have a reduction in price)
Kyham Pole and Clamp

£29.99

Cheaper via Tamworth camping on eBay:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/131873785161?lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=9045856&poi=&campaignid=628893806&device=c&adgroupid=28312585266&rlsatarget=pla-193545301506&adtype=pla&crdt=0

£22.99

P.

This is a 2.5M pole whereas the Khyam pole is 3.2M. It depends whether your awning needs the longer pole. The 3.2M pole is too long if you have a roof rack, in which case you need to improvise a solution if your awning sleeve is longer than 2.5M.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic awning adapter   awning - Magnetic awning adapter - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 7:30 am

Razorbaz wrote:
Yes i tried the pole and clamps but found that i couldn't get a good fixing with it so ended up setting it up freestanding

That's interesting, never had any issues with ours. Easy to fit and always secure.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic awning adapter   awning - Magnetic awning adapter - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Voyager wrote:
Bumble wrote:
harryhornet wrote:
The Kyham pole and clamp kit is the one to go for. I've tried another make and found that the pole is too thin.
Kyham currently have one on offer (although they always have a reduction in price)
Kyham Pole and Clamp

£29.99

Cheaper via Tamworth camping on eBay:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/131873785161?lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=9045856&poi=&campaignid=628893806&device=c&adgroupid=28312585266&rlsatarget=pla-193545301506&adtype=pla&crdt=0

£22.99

P.

This is a 2.5M pole whereas the Khyam pole is 3.2M. It depends whether your awning needs the longer pole. The 3.2M pole is too long if you have a roof rack, in which case you need to improvise a solution if your awning sleeve is longer than 2.5M.

Good spot Alan, and incidentally the shorter (2.5m) pole is probably exactly what I need for our Funky leisure sun awning. We have a roof rack and the F/L pole is 3.2m, so I had had to leave the final section doubled back on itself and used a piece of figure of eight (wedged with a tent peg) for in between the roof rack legs.

With this eBay kit, I'll be able to get the shorter pole I need for the F/L awning (1.7cm diameter) and the three clamps I need for the Khyam drive-away awning. cheers

P.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic awning adapter   awning - Magnetic awning adapter - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Tallulah wrote:
Razorbaz wrote:
Yes i tried the pole and clamps but found that i couldn't get a good fixing with it so ended up setting it up freestanding

That's interesting, never had any issues with ours. Easy to fit and always secure.

Scooby has never had any issues with the pole and clamp system either scratch

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magnetic awning adapter   awning - Magnetic awning adapter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Magnetic awning adapter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2