www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi

Share | 

Bit of a 'heads up' for those going to Cornwall.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Bit of a 'heads up' for those going to Cornwall.   Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Just back from our 'slumming it in a cottage' trip to Mylor near Falmouth with some of the kids and grandchildren, and thought I'd mention this.

They have started widening the pinch point at Temple on the A30 near Bodmin, and it looks like it is going to be a long job, at least till summer 2016.

We normally travel on a Friday to avoid too much hassle, and it usually takes 3 hours, wasn't too bad going down, but the kids travelled on Saturday and it took them 6 hours.

Coming back on the Friday it took us 5 hours with about an hour and a half to travel 5 miles. They were following later and took 6 hours, what its like on a Saturday, I can only imagine.

So anyone heading that way may want to look at an alternative route.
Back to top Go down
irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a 'heads up' for those going to Cornwall.   Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:12 am

We went down the A30 thru there on our way to Porthcothan last month but fortunately at 1am so missed any traffic. On our way back we came from Bude so joined the A30 after the roadworks, but they seemed to feature everyday on the local radio.
Think we passed you Dizzy on the A30 near Launceston, you were westbound, obviously we were eastbound fully laden, towing our trailer.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a 'heads up' for those going to Cornwall.   Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:10 am

I did wonder at the time if it was you Irish, I did see you and waved, but a bit belated as you were passing.

Saw quite a few coming from the opposite direction, ranging from splitties to brazies, but that is what Cornwall is for. When God designed that part of the country, he must have known someone would be along shortly to invent the kombi. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ronnie Ringding

Cabin : Exec 082

PostSubject: Re: Bit of a 'heads up' for those going to Cornwall.   Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:47 am

If you are coming down this week there is the VW show at Stithians over the weekend.
Also, Sept 12th another VW show at Treen near Penzance.

________________________________________________________________________________
I am an Engineer. I will fix this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevianlodge.co.uk

Bit of a 'heads up' for those going to Cornwall.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: BraziBays On Tour-
Jump to: