brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Thermal window covers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
olive

olive

Cabin : Club

Thermal window covers Empty
PostSubject: Thermal window covers   Thermal window covers EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:21 pm

I have a set of these but never used them as I have full curtains throughout. Having looked at some of the pics on the Campo Braziliano some of you guys used them with your curtains. So tell me what is the benefit apart from keeping out light? Any info would help.
Back to top Go down
Matt

Matt

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Thermal window covers   Thermal window covers EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:34 pm

It all depends if you use your van for camping all year round. They are essentual for keeping the heat in once you get to this time of year when the temp drops at night. We use the front ones all year round for privacy and black out, as we havent got round to making a front curtain yet. The rest we only use under the curtains when the weather gets a little chilly. Used them in feb this year, with a hard frost on the ground. Had to have our little electric heater on all night, but were purfectly warm in bed. There was ice on the inside of the windows come the morning from the condensation.

________________________________________________________________________________
Matt.

Thermal window covers Img_2014
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Thermal window covers   Thermal window covers EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:13 pm

I just use them up front as have no curtains in the cab area.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Thermal window covers Melogo11
Back to top Go down
max

max

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Thermal window covers   Thermal window covers EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:11 pm

GET THEM! I have a full set and love them. I like things simple, so I don't even have curtains in my bus (I think it often looks like you put wheels on your living room Laughing )

They block out all light, only take about 3min to put on (wet the suckers or they fall down during the night, scaring the sh*t out of you) and also come in handy on a hot summer day to prevent your dash from catching fire.

My bus is not insulated yet, so I don't think they make much difference at present when it's cold, but I am sure they will once my panels are padded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thermal window covers   Thermal window covers Empty

Back to top Go down

Thermal window covers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: