brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket Empty
PostSubject: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Photobucket is an online (cloud) storage service for photos. Once uploaded, they can be shared with different people or groups of people in different ways, but better still, each uploaded image has a unique url that can easily be used on the forum.

The service is free to use with up to 10gb of photo storage and a few ads although there are also 'pro' accounts if you wanted more storage or to remove the ads.

If you are interesting in using Photobucket to ease the posting of pics to the forum then here goes:

1) download/install the app from the relevant store, it's free to download.

2) when you run it for the first time it will prompt you to 'sign up' using an email address etc. This is also free and easy to do.

3) If you want Photobucket to automatically upload and save/backup a copy of all the pics you take on this device, then you don't need to do anything. If you don't want this then simply disable the feature when prompted 'auto backup' - OFF. I use a different cloud service to backup ALL my photos, I will only use this one to host images to be posted on the forum, but it's up to you.

4) Open up the Photobucket app.

5) There is a large "+" in the bottom left corner. Click it and select the images you want to upload.

6) Select an image that has been uploaded and click the "i" in the bottom left corner. This will display a list of differently sharing options. Simply touch the 'Direct' link and it will automatically copy it.

7) Switch to the forum and browse to the location you want you post - you may have already started to compose a post and went off to Photobucket to do some uploads, in which case head back to there. Click the 'insert image' icon, select the area below "URL" in the pop-up that appears and 'paste' the previously copied url.

Cool click insert then finish your post as normal.

Job done.

NOTE: The second part of this only applies when viewing the desktop version of the forum as none of the standard icons (incl 'insert image' are available in the mobile version.

Give it a try and see how you get on.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:31 pm

Top guide Tallulah - thanks for your time and input.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket Melogo11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 6:29 pm

Can you remind me which the insert photo icon is !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket 85EAA6E7-5241-4E3B-87BE-D09769DDBB81_zpsfabnn8xj
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 6:33 pm

Brill thanks tallulah
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Als wrote:
Can you remind me which the insert photo icon is !!

It's the one that looks like a photo with a little green '+'.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 9:18 am

I uploaded a picture using PhotoBucket from phone last night and it worked fine however I can't view it using a laptop this morning. There is a message saying 'photo not found' ?
The picture in question is the 50p pumpkins on the Halloween thread.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 9:30 am

harryhornet wrote:
I uploaded a picture using PhotoBucket from phone last night and it worked fine however I can't view it using a laptop this morning. There is a message saying 'photo not found' ?
The picture in question is the 50p pumpkins on the Halloween thread.

That's what odd, it does appear to be missing. Can you check your PhotoBucket account and see if it's still in there?

Freedom, in style...

Last edited by Tallulah on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 9:37 am

I'll take a look later.
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:48 am

last night i downloaded the Photobucket app. At first it wouldn't let me open an account saying my email was incorrect (it isn't). but uninstalled app and re-installed it (3 times),then it accepted my details and opened me an account. i managed to upload 23 photos from my phone (galaxy S5) but it will not allow me to send or upload any of my photos to anywhere else.
When i select a photo, a message comes up saying unfortunately Photobucket has closed and would i like to send a report, which i have done several times.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:33 pm

timmm wrote:
last night i downloaded the Photobucket app. At first it wouldn't let me open an account saying my email was incorrect (it isn't). but uninstalled app and re-installed it (3 times),then it accepted my details and opened me an account. i managed to upload 23 photos from my phone (galaxy S5) but it will not allow me to send or upload any of my photos to anywhere else.
When i select a photo, a message comes up saying unfortunately Photobucket has closed and would i like to send a report, which i have done several times.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Nope, sounds like app is crashing. There are thousands of web pages all over the internet reporting crashes on Android devices, this is the unfortunate downside of an open source environment where anyone can create an app and anyone else can download and install it on their device with little or no control. All too often, one app conflicts with another and the end result is an unexpected crash.

Try disabling all other apps and trying again. You could also look at clearing the app data and cache, but you will need to find info on how to do that elsewhere as I have no idea how to do it.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:28 pm

I've just reinserted URL and the image is back. Not sure why that happened but it appears to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket   Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket Empty

Back to top Go down

Upload from iPad/Android using PhotoBucket
Page 1 of 1