brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

reversing camera

Go down 
+2
kiteman
pdjenks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pdjenks

pdjenks

Cabin : Club

reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: reversing camera   reversing camera EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:33 pm

We are having another spending spree on the camper in a couple of weeks (power steering and a rj accelerator cable  Very Happy ), so we want to add a reversing camera to the list.

We've seen a subtle one on this site, with the camera next to the number plate, but I want to be able to see over our bag when it's on the back of the bus:

reversing camera Thule_10

I've thought about having a camera on the gutter with a cable coming out of the aide air vent - but not very nice looking.

Does anyone have an better ideas scratch

We also want the monitor to replace the mirror which may limit our choices.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: reversing camera   reversing camera EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:04 am

You could run the cable inside, behind the top panels, down to the front where the mirror is. Or down the A pillar and under the dash. That's how I ran the cables for my rear interior lights.

The top panels are just held in place with screws, can be a bit of a bugger to put back though. Easier with two people.

________________________________________________________________________________
reversing camera Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: reversing camera   reversing camera EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:58 am

On some systems, you can have up to three cameras, and can switch between them on the monitor, and they are wireless between the camera and monitor. (the only wire to the camera is from the reversing light connection and the sender box which is tiny, and I fitted on top of the wardrobe locker). I ran the wiring from the number plate mounted camera through the hole that was behind the plate so I didn't have to do any drilling.

If you had an additional camera, it could be fitted to your trailer board plate, and take it's feed from the reversing light there. (or wired into the multi-pin if it doesn't have one).

Having said that, I personally couldn't get on with it and took it off at a later date. (It was a cheap Maplin one, and the monitor was too small for me, I found it easier to concentrate on  the mirrors).

(I also have bumper mounted sensors with a buzzer and light indicator the cab. The light indicator is next to useless, so I will probably ditch that part and use the space for a dial of some sort, and the buzzer is fine when it is dry, but in the rain, or if there is the slightest amount of dirt on the sensors, the buzzer stays on all the time so you don't know whether there is anything there or not.  Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: reversing camera   reversing camera EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:42 pm

We have a Maplin WiFi camera mounted on number-plate with WiFi aerial inside the engine lid. Poor signal transmission so fuzzy picture.
If replacing this would consider a mounting inside the tail-gate looking through the glass with aerial internal to the vehicle to give better signal.
The WiFi picture takes a few seconds to stabilize so there was a potential problem if changing back and forth from first to reverse. So instead of taking power from the reversing switch the camera is powered from the side light wiring.
osg
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: reversing camera   reversing camera EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:18 pm

I would really like a reversing camera - Ive got one of those DVD car radio players which could take a feed. Has anyone had success wiring one up to one of these? Would much prefer to get someone to do it for me, electronics are baffling (a bit like mechanics too!)
Back to top Go down
Skytiger

Skytiger

Cabin : Exec 008

reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: reversing camera   reversing camera EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 5:59 pm

This is mine with my SONY double din stereo in the dash.

The camera is tucked under the number plate light and the cable is fed through holes in the engine lid which are already there.  I then fed all the wires through and underneath the bus to the front(took some time but makes it neat).
reversing camera 2015-10-15%2017.25.04_zpslbblol92

reversing camera 2015-10-15%2017.25.12_zpscbmd7ifo

reversing camera 2015-10-15%2017.25.22_zpsp9efqmfy

This is the picture from my headunit in the dash.
reversing camera 2015-10-15%2017.26.08_zpszesoqp8p

reversing camera 2015-10-15%2017.26.33_zpsp4dbw3cd

Obviously I couldn't just leave it there so I put a switch on the dash and wired it so in one position I can have it on whenever I want(as in pic) or switch to 2 when it will work when reverse is selected.
reversing camera 2015-10-15%2017.27.08_zpssrnqdwcm

I think pjdenks you should think about inside the tailgate for the camera although it won't show directly behind the load, and pass the wires as kiteman suggests, also makes it easier as you plan for a rear view mirror screen.

Or dizzy's suggestion on the rear tailboard would give a better view of things directly behind you.

lights camera action Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

reversing camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: reversing camera   reversing camera Empty

Back to top Go down

reversing camera
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: