brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!

Go down 
+8
dizzylizard
AbsintheKombi
Tallulah
osg
gordonmac
harryhornet
sundialsoft
TimV
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 6:28 pm

Some questions do get asked frequently. I get that. We have folks joining all the time, which of course is great, but I really do encourage people to use the search function, otherwise we get a lot of repetitive threads and that's unnecessary.
Thank you.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! Melogo11
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 6:34 pm

I tried several searches on paint codes for the white VW paint and looked at a number of posts. Sometimes posting is necessary even though you are sure the answer is in there.

________________________________________________________________________________
what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 7:44 pm

I always find that using the advanced search and Google is more effective.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:04 pm

sundialsoft wrote:
I tried several searches on paint codes for the white VW paint and looked at a number of posts. Sometimes posting is necessary even though you are sure the answer is in there.

I just searched 'white paint' and found the answer instantly.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 10:30 pm

Ive often been unsuccessful with search. If I search "white paint" when am not logged in, I don't get the useful pages, but once I log in, they come up first in the list. Weird eh? I use a mac.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 9:31 am

gordonmac wrote:
Ive often been unsuccessful with search.  If I search "white paint" when am not logged in, I don't get the useful pages, but once I log in, they come up first in the list.  Weird eh?  I use a mac.

Not really gordonmac. When you log in you get access to a greater level of information on the site. Guests don't see a number of sections. Hence the result when you attempt a search without being logged in. Basketball

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 9:44 am

Tim
I do agree that many questions could be answered directly if members were to make proper use of the SEARCH facility on the HOME page.
The other way of finding information is through the 'Keywords' panel which is presently down the left side.
Queries about paint are always cropping up, perhaps 'PAINT' could be added to the Keywords panel also.
osg
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 10:10 am

osg wrote:
Tim
I do agree that many questions could be answered directly if members were to make proper use of the SEARCH facility on the HOME page.
The other way of finding information is through the 'Keywords' panel which is presently down the left side.
Queries about paint are always cropping up, perhaps 'PAINT' could be added to the Keywords panel also.
osg

I think the 'keywords' section is dynamic, IE, generated automatically, but I might be wrong.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 10:40 am

Tallulah is correct. The Keywords function is dynamic. It constantly updates based on the words being used on the forum.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 10:53 am

I sometimes struggle with the search facility. I'm sure I recall from my early days as a member, reading a thread about extending the cutlery drawer backwards but can I find it? Can I heck!

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Quote :
Keywords function is dynamic. It constantly updates based on the words being used on the forum.
Good to know. we live and learn
osg
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 12:42 pm

TimV wrote:
. The Keywords function is dynamic.

Only the 'keywords function'?.............I thought the whole forum was dynamic....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 12:43 pm

lol!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 2:48 pm

Whenever I'm asked about owning a campervan.....I say it's great.........but what I really need to make it better is the ability to extend my cutlery drawer backwards.
Mrs B
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Whereas adding every yellow accessory available is absolutely essential? Razz;)

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 4:42 pm

AbsintheKombi wrote:
I sometimes struggle with the search facility. I'm sure I recall from my early days as a member, reading a thread about extending the cutlery drawer backwards but can I find it? Can I heck!
The author of the topic your looking for was Malcolm Eales so if you use the search facility and input "more using the space available" and click the topics button, you will find what your looking for.
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 4:47 pm

Cheers, Irishman.

You'll all be doing it now: Cutlery Drawer

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:07 pm

I hate to boast but...

Ive got a full sized cutlery drawer!!
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:17 pm

If there aren't photos, it hasn't happened, Gordon.

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:17 pm

Im going straight out to the van with a camera!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Omg I always assumed nev had a full size cutlery drawer but now I'm thrown into turmoil wondering!!and he's in the barn so I can't pop out and check. What are your dimensions??
Back to top Go down
greenjc90

greenjc90

Cabin : Exec 039

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 8:37 am

Reading the cutlery draw thread made me chuckle especially the bit about being able to grab a knife whilst driving. Reminded me of going out through UK customs at Portsmouth ferry port this year. The officer pulled us over with the excuse she loves campervans. She then asked if we had any weapons, to which we (of course) replied "no". She then asked if we had any knives. Again we said "no". At which point she opened the cutlery drawer. Felt like a right numpty!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 8:45 am

perhaps there could be a false back to the extended cutlery drawer to secrete our butter knives!
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:19 am

It was no good....I had to go and read about the famous cutlery drawer!

Bumble doesnt have one like this.....ours is at the back by the wardrobe...a small pullout jobby......which we don't use for cutlery but for our spirit level and the thingy for the gas. Our cutlery lives in a JK holder and our larger serving spoons live in the buddy box with the pots and pans. My bottle opener lives in a bright pencil case....easily identifiable. We have a separate picnic basket which contains everything you need to make a cuppa without having to open any cupboard. That's because I like shortcuts and don't want to have to search for something when in a hurry.................did you see what I did there........I got this thread back on its original topic!
Mrs B.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:21 am

Neither my axe (which we could have used last weekend) nor my machete fit in the cutlery draw.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!   Please use the search function ... PLEASE!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Please use the search function ... PLEASE!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next