brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

refitting gear stick

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
andyl

andyl

Cabin : Club

refitting gear stick Empty
PostSubject: refitting gear stick   refitting gear stick EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi
Am retrofitting my old gear stick as despite multiple adjustments and opening of mounting holes i am still not entirely happy with EMPI .However i have forgotten orientation of fitting original floor plate .There was recently a post showing this but i am afraid i can't find .Any help would be much appreciated
thanks
Andy
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: refitting gear stick   refitting gear stick EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi Andy,

I can't help you with the original floor plate, but my personal opinion is not to give up on the EMPI. I suffered similarly, until I got somebody who really knew what they were doing to re-weld the lock-out plate and re-fit and adjust the EMPI. It has worked like a dream since. I would never go back. The EMPI is cheap and cheerful, and works well when you get it right. CSP and Scat are reckoned to be better quality though (but more expensive).

Alan
Back to top Go down
andyl

andyl

PostSubject: Re: refitting gear stick   refitting gear stick EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:30 pm

thanks but intend to refit although perhaps this will remind me how the original was .May be then i will revert to the EMPI !!!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: refitting gear stick   refitting gear stick EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:51 pm

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

refitting gear stick Melogo11
Back to top Go down
MarcusH

MarcusH

Cabin : Exec 031

PostSubject: Re: refitting gear stick   refitting gear stick EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Who did you use to sort your empi stick out Alan
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: refitting gear stick   refitting gear stick EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:58 pm

MarcusH wrote:
Who did you use to sort your empi stick out Alan

Jon Mawby at Autopoint Knutsford. He's the proprietor. It's an independent garage, but he's a VW enthusiast who owns a T2 and T25 himself.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: refitting gear stick   refitting gear stick EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:58 pm

TimV wrote:
Gearstick washers??

This thread?

And 'trouble selecting 2nd gear'. (Haven't been able to do the link)
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

PostSubject: Re: refitting gear stick   refitting gear stick EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:59 pm

andyl wrote:
thanks but intend to refit although perhaps this will remind me how the original  was .May be then i will revert to the EMPI !!!

I'm guessing it was like stirring a bowl of porridge. Good luck! Wink
Back to top Go down
andyl

andyl

PostSubject: Re: refitting gear stick   refitting gear stick EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 4:42 pm

thanks all for comments and Tim found the thread i was referring to .The idiot question is on the inner rim of the plate there are two slight indents one side formed by the turned down edge and a single slightly curved cut out on the other .The diagram appears to show the two indents to the passenger side and can anyone confirm this .(i assume this has a relevance to the reverse gear lock out )
thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: refitting gear stick   refitting gear stick Empty

Back to top Go down

refitting gear stick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-
Jump to: