brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights

Go down 
+9
AbsintheKombi
osg
gordonmac
Bumble
Dennis
harryhornet
dizzylizard
beakyboy
TimV
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
beakyboy

beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 3:46 pm

These bulbs are MR11's. I've ordered an LED set and I'm reliably informed they 'should' work so if those of you with the MR11 bulbs hold fire I'll give you an update once I've received mine.

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:30 pm

Update....The bulbs depicted by Dizzy are MR11s and I ordered a 2w 160 Lumen pair from Ledhut for £11.60 with free delivery. They arrived today and I've installed them and they are fab.
Searolf LED with whom Tim arranged club discount do also offer the MR11 bulbs.

Take your pick...

Ledhut MR11 Leds

Searolf MR11 Leds

________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:55 pm

Nice.....thanks BB. Smile
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 11:59 am

Just had an email from Led Hut saying use code TOKEN10 at checkout for the next 7 Days and receive a further 10% Off. Give it a try if you're thinking of purchasing some LED's from them....

Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 11:18 pm

beakyboy wrote:
Just had an email from Led Hut saying use code TOKEN10 at checkout for the next 7 Days and receive a further 10% Off. Give it a try if you're thinking of purchasing some LED's from them....
Ordered ours on Monday arrived today . Little job for later in the week
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 7:27 am

Ive put my warm white ones in - they seem very good - its a nice light that comes off them - thanks.

If anyone comes up with a replacement for the long fluorescent tubes let me know!
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 9:30 am

gordonmac wrote:
Ive put my warm white ones in - they seem very good - its a nice light that comes off them - thanks.

If anyone comes up with a replacement for the long fluorescent tubes let me know!

I bought an led strip set from B&M - £16 I think. It had 4 strips with wires to connect them and a 240v to 12v plug in transformer. The important thing is the 12v aspect.

I cut the transformer off, connected the cables direct to the 12v supply feeding the original strip light with some crimped connectors and connected two strips together in each of the strip light housings. The original lights included some electronics (probably surge protection) that needed to be bypassed although I used the switch as it was.

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Thanks Tallulah. I had seen something like it in ikea and had been wondering about doing it that way.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 8:40 am

I've been thinking about upgrading mine too, to something better, sometimes it takes several attempts for the switch to work.

The ones I have are labcraft SL13 with a F13T5 tube 530mm including pins.

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 Imgp2411

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 Imgp2412

It appears that led replacement tubes are coming onto the market, but haven't found a compatible one in UK yet.

https://store.marinebeam.com/21-f13t5-led-tube-for-fluorescent-fixtures-fl-t5-120/

And these are the fitting instructions.

https://store.marinebeam.com/content/LED-tube-instructions.pdf

Labcraft now do led striplights so I may be looking into the cost effectiveness of replacing with complete new units of better quality without the hassle of conversion.

http://www.labcraft.co.uk/product-type/led-strip-lights/
Back to top Go down
Feliz

Feliz

Cabin : Exec 026

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 7:21 pm

Feliz wrote:
beakyboy wrote:
Just fitted the new LEDs . They are much better !
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 7:26 am

Feliz wrote:
Feliz wrote:
beakyboy wrote:
Just fitted the new LEDs . They are much better !

Great News Feliz, I do agree Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 8:58 am

Illuminating  Wink

They sound 'spot' on - must get around to getting some

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce

Last edited by Scooby on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 8:59 am

I fitted some of the bright white bulbs last weekend and agree the light that comes off them is much better and, of course, they don't use as much power from the leisure battery - it's a win, win.
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 10:34 am

Dizzy - thanks for the info - let me know what you get - you can buy 2 of the replacement tubes for £47 from US amazon, but I think the lab craft nebula on looks best.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 4:30 pm

Will do GM, I like the look of the Nebula as well.

I was having a chat yesterday with Pats son. He used to work for Stage Electrics as a lighting rigger, and now restores old lighting for this company.

http://www.electricsandlighting.co.uk/product-category/indoor-lighting?f[0]=field_product_category%253Aparents_all%3A386&f[1]=field_product_category%253Aparents_all%3A3186

He is going to enquire with Labcraft to see if he can get a wholesale price before I buy off the web.

May take a couple of weeks to see if it will be cheaper........I did point out to his boss, who was with him, that the forum has nearly 1000 members, and it might be beneficial to give me a good price Smile
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Has anyone looked into LED bulbs for headlights?
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 3:27 pm

Just a quick update, Pats' son has spoken to the boss at Labcraft, and he thinks he can get the Nebula 500mm with switch for around £21 + vat (£25.20) which is only going to be about £7 cheaper than the web.

I have suggested he get me a pair, and I will check quality and fit and post a photo install first. If all is OK, and other forum members want some, he will enquire if he can get a bit more off.

He has just gone off for a week down the south coast, so I will sort something when he comes back.
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Great - hope you like them.
Back to top Go down
DiegoT2

DiegoT2

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Ditto on the measure twice cut once...

Classified here:- https://brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com/t5440-rear-light-bulbs#68433
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 9:15 am

Finally got hold of the Labcraft Nebula Led strip lights on Friday and fitted them, about a half hour job.

The quality is much better than the original ones fitted, and are a straight swap. Just need to remove fuse on door pillar and connect to original wires with straight couplers, and refix with a couple of self tappers. (They cover the original holes, so no making good)

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 Imgp2521

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 Imgp2522

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 Imgp2523

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 Imgp2524

Not to sure about the price at moment, as Simon said he would have to make a bulk order to get a significant saving, so may be better to get them direct from the web, as the saving would only be two to three pounds at the moment.

They do a switched and unswitched version, so you need the switched type if you are going to go that route.
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

gordonmac

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 11:18 pm

Good work Dizzy! Looks a lot more up to date!
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:39 am

gordonmac wrote:
Good work Dizzy! Looks a lot more up to date!

What about brightness? (compared with the originals)

P.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 2:16 pm

[quote="Bumble What about brightness? (compared with the originals)P.[/quote]

Personally, I think they look brighter, although the specs say 640 lumens at 6 watts (compared with 780 lumens at 13 watts for the fluorescent tubes) I think some of the light is lost through the covers.

I tried them out for real in the dark on Sunday when I was acting as the unofficial taxi at the wedding, and everyone was coming out with lots of appreciative comments, and Ooo's and Aah's (mind you they were all well-oiled at the time Smile )

I'll try and look into whether they are dimmable, as they may be a bit bright for some peoples taste, and I will also take some pics in the dark tonight.
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 3:59 pm

Looks good Dizzy and sorry I didn't bump into you on Saturday.

Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Sorry we missed you too, we only managed a flying visit and a quick chat, and then had to leave shortly after lunch. ....next year I'll be making the decisions  Smile  (if I'm allowed)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next