brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights

Go down 
+9
AbsintheKombi
osg
gordonmac
Bumble
Dennis
harryhornet
dizzylizard
beakyboy
TimV
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 5:15 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
I'll try and look into whether they are dimmable, as they may be a bit bright for some peoples taste, and I will also take some pics in the dark tonight.

Thanks DL, I know that Monica finds the rear bulbs too bright, so would welcome a dimmable version of those (if that is possible); if this is possible on the front strips as well, then that would be great.

P.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 11:18 am

An update, I have spoken to Simon, and he has checked with Labcraft, and the LED strips are dimmable.

This is them on at night, (the glare is not typical, but may be due to the long exposure).

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 Imgp2525

So I took a picture with only the strip over the sliding door on.

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 Imgp2526

I suggested to him this dimmer with a remote control, and he says that it would dim the strip lights and the rear spotlights together if necessary. (providing the bulbs in the spotlights were of the dimmable type too)

https://www.wholesaleledlights.co.uk/led-single-colour-color-dimmer.html

It would mean wiring the dimmer box between the fuse box, and taking the two feeds for the different sides from it. You would also need to leave the lights in the switched on position, and switch them off via the remote. (hope I got that right, not that good with electrics, but if not someone will say how to do it properly).
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 11:28 am

I forgot to bring my bulbs to the Auction (I'm very old you know). If anyone needs some I could stick them in the post to you.

Alternatively, if you're coming to the Northern Meet, I could bring them along.

________________________________________________________________________________
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
osg

osg

Cabin : Exec 015

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 1:34 pm

I have recovered from my mistake of buying bulbs suitable only for the earlier air-cooled - the ones donated to the auction.

LED Hut have now supplied MR11-A1-V2-VW (2 watt MR11 LED Spotlight - Warm White) which fitted our water-cooled and worked with no problem.

osg
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Prices now reduced!

£6.37, as opposed to £8.50 cheers

Now to take a long look at the LED strip lights option.

P.
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 11:53 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
Finally got hold of the Labcraft Nebula Led strip lights on Friday and fitted them, about a half hour job.

The quality is much better than the original ones fitted, and are a straight swap. Just need to remove fuse on door pillar and connect to original wires with straight couplers, and refix with a couple of self tappers. (They cover the original holes, so no making good)

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 Imgp2521

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 Imgp2522

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 Imgp2523

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 Imgp2524

Not to sure about the price at moment, as Simon said he would have to make a bulk order to get a significant saving, so may be better to get them direct from the web, as the saving would only be two to three pounds at the moment.

They do a switched and unswitched version, so you need the switched type if you are going to go that route.

Hi DL, where did you get them from and how much?

P.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 9:39 am

In the end, Simon got them direct from Labcraft, and gave them to me as a present, so I don't know the exact cost.

Unfortunately his boss said it wouldn't be viable cost-wise to do a bulk order, as Labcraft would only drop a fiver or so and he would have to take 50 units. So it would be just as cheap to order off the web.

(For some reason, my photos don't seem to last long on my posts, so I've re-posted one)

rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 Imgp2510
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 11:07 pm

Thanks DL,

I did wonder what had happened to the pictures; I had assumed it was me!

So yours is the 12v, 500mm long led switched strip - the S15CW500s, I'm assuming?

http://www.labcraft.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/NEBULA_SI5-5.pdf

P.
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi Bumble, yes just checked the serial number......that was the one. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 5:45 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
I suggested to him this dimmer with a remote control, and he says that it would dim the strip lights and the rear spotlights together if necessary. (providing the bulbs in the spotlights were of the dimmable type too)

https://www.wholesaleledlights.co.uk/led-single-colour-color-dimmer.html

It would mean wiring the dimmer box between the fuse box, and taking the two feeds for the different sides from it. You would also need to leave the lights in the switched on position, and switch them off via the remote. (hope I got that right, not that good with electrics, but if not someone will say how to do it properly).

Having used the new LED lights for the first time on Christmas Day, when we went to Leith Hill, Monica said she found that them very bright (something I was wondering if they were), so am looking into the dimmer for each side and will let you know how I get on.

BTW, neither the Searolf or the WholesaleLEDlights rear single lights on this thread are dimmable; so it would mean buying different bulbs.

P.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 10:24 pm

What about trying to fit a diffuser over them. Tim
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Dennis wrote:

What a bright idea! Laughing

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Dennis wrote:

So I had a look at fitting the old diffuser over the new LED strips and, apart from not looking good - all important consideration! - it doesn't fit. Given it would be good to have the option of dimming the lights, as required, as well as turning them on and off from bed, I'll go through with the dimmer option and let you know how it goes.

P.
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Bumble wrote:
Dennis wrote:

So I had a look at fitting the old diffuser over the new LED strips and, apart from not looking good - all important consideration! - it doesn't fit.  Given it would be good to have the option of dimming the lights, as required, as well as turning them on and off from bed, I'll go through with the dimmer option and let you know how it goes.

P.

So I've just ordered the dimmers from www.wholesaleledlights.co.uk and got quite a saving, with:-

- 15% discount (on the pre-VAT price) with the code plastered all over their site;
- 11% discount going via Quidco.

(LED hut Quidco saving was only 5.5%).

P.
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 11:13 pm

Bumble wrote:
Bumble wrote:
Dennis wrote:

So I had a look at fitting the old diffuser over the new LED strips and, apart from not looking good - all important consideration! - it doesn't fit.  Given it would be good to have the option of dimming the lights, as required, as well as turning them on and off from bed, I'll go through with the dimmer option and let you know how it goes.

P.

So I've just ordered the dimmers from www.wholesaleledlights.co.uk and got quite a saving, with:-

- 15% discount (on the pre-VAT price) with the code plastered all over their site;
- 11% discount going via Quidco.

(LED hut Quidco saving was only 5.5%).

P.

So .............. came to fit the dimmers today and (a) they're too big to fit behind the lighting strip and the roof and (b) I couldn't get them to operate anyway. Mad

So they'll be on their way back to wholesaleledlights very soon; shame, as I thought they would be a good solution.

I may be up their way in a week or two, so could talk to them about another solution.

P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights   rear - LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

LED bulbs for the Danbury rear spotlights
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3