www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi

Share | 

Epic Journeys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldskoolsboy

Cabin : Exec 101

PostSubject: Epic Journeys    Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:44 pm

7 hour journey back from the volksworld show today!
windscreen wipers packed up, even the slightest drizzle caused me to pull over!
I must of stopped at every bridge then a longer stay at every service station. At its most frustrating
being 2 miles from home the heavens opened another hour wait!!
always an adventure!!
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Epic Journeys    Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:14 pm

I had the same happen to me years ago in my '68 bug. This works though -

If your windscreen wiper fails during light or heavy rain, try this: If you can obtain a potato, cut it in half and rub over windscreen. Rain will run off just leaving small globules, making visibility good for driving.
Back to top Go down
oldskoolsboy

Cabin : Exec 101

PostSubject: Re: Epic Journeys    Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:40 pm

that reminded me of the old potato joke.NO POTATOS A shelf stacker is stacking fruit on a display, when a lady asks "Do you have any potatoes? " The shelf stacker  replies "Sorry madam, we are out of potatoes, but we will be getting a shipment tomorrow morning" The lady looks around some more. A few mins later she runs back to him asking where the potatoes are. The shelf stacker  confused about her mental state simply tells her "Sorry madam, we are out of potatoes, but we will be getting a shipment tomorrow morning" The lady looks around some more then goes back to the same shelf stacker  and asks "Where the hell do you keep the potatoes, I need some potatoes right now!" The shelf stacker, getting frustated with his inability to explain the situation, tells the lady "Answers a couple of questions and I will get you your potatoes from the back." The lady agrees and the man starts the questions. "Spell cat for me, as in catastrophe " she says Ok, "C A T". "Very good!" the shelf stacker says, "now spell dog, as in dogmatic. " The lady getting frustrated spells it correct. Now the employee finally asks "now spell, F-ck, as in potatoes. " She replies "There is no F-ck in potatoes?" To which the shelf stacker replies "THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU THE WHOLE TIME!"
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: Epic Journeys    Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:20 pm

@harryhornet wrote:
I had the same happen to me years ago in my '68 bug. This works though -

If your windscreen wiper fails during light or heavy rain, try this: If you can obtain a potato, cut it in half and rub over windscreen. Rain will run off just leaving small globules, making visibility good for driving.

I had to do the same a few years back, and it works.....after a fashion. (almost as good as RainX)

Another thing my mate did when his packed up was to tie some string between the wipers, then took the string through the quarter lights to make an endless loop so that the wipers worked when you pulled the string back and forth Rolling Eyes

Mind you, this was pre MOT when he also had a brick in the boot for a handbrake, and any weekend trip he went on he carried a gallon each of oil, water, and petrol in the boot, and when he got back they had all been used........Happy days Smile

Other get 'you home tricks' then were mustard powder, black pepper or eggs in the radiator to stop a leak, and sawdust in a noisy gearbox when coming to sell it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epic Journeys    

Back to top Go down

Epic Journeys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: