brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Help and Guidance needed

Go down 
+5
davyboy57
Voyager
Tallulah
TimV
GeneGenie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GeneGenie

Cabin : Economy

Help and Guidance needed Empty
PostSubject: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi, I am looking to purchase a Brazilian T2 but could do with a few questions beings answered if possible.

1. is it practicable to use them as an everyday vehicle in terms of reliability etc.
2. I have an imported Japanese T4 Caravelle at moment but insuring it is a challenge because its imported, is this also a problem with Brazilians?
3. what is the road tax for them and are the air cooled as reliable as the water cooled.

if any one out there can help it would be much appreciated, I am looking to  purchase late spring 2017.

Cheers

GG
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi GeneGenie

Welcome. Have a look at this blog I wrote a while back to help you with your Air v Aqua query.

Aircooled v Watercooled: A Comparison

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Help and Guidance needed Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 2:34 pm

Hi GEneGenie,

1) The simple answer is yes, lots of owners use there's every day and all year round, including us. The watercooled engines are from a VW Fox/Polo so was built to be used every day. The air cooled needs more regular servicing but is no less capable of being used every day although it's not as economical as the water cooled by virtue of its age. You might also consider adding power steering to your wish list to help you with everyday use, it will mean turning in tight spaces and parking become slightly easier.

2) No. I'm not aware of any issues with insurance for our kombis through the regular insurance providers, we even have special discount deals with some.

3) Road tax is £180 pa for watercooled and £210(?) I think for air cooled - could an air cooled owner shout if this is not correct please. As mentioned above, the air cooled requires more regular servicing, mainly changes of oil since that does all the cooling work and resetting of tappets, although the suspension and steering is the same on both and also needs regular servicing to keep it in optimal condition.

Hope this helps.

Why not come and pay us a visit at one of the events we attend as a group? Take a look in the events section and see if there is anything in your area. We're happy to talk about our campers to anyone so you will receive a warm welcome wherever!

________________________________________________________________________________
www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 4:09 pm

GeneGenie wrote:
Hi, I am looking to purchase a Brazilian T2 but could do with a few questions beings answered if possible.

1. is it practicable to use them as an everyday vehicle in terms of reliability etc.
2. I have an imported Japanese T4 Caravelle at moment but insuring it is a challenge because its imported, is this also a problem with Brazilians?
3. what is the road tax for them and are the air cooled as reliable as the water cooled.

if any one out there can help it would be much appreciated, I am looking to  purchase late spring 2017.

Cheers

GG

If you are planning to use as an everyday vehicle it is especially worth making the investment to include the options which will make the van both economical and easy to drive in the long term. The watercooled will deliver better mpg (about 35mpg in our case). You might also consider rack and pinion steering. It isn't cheap, but the vans do hold their value provided they are properly maintained.
Back to top Go down
davyboy57

davyboy57

Cabin : Exec 065

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 10:00 pm

3) Road tax is £180 pa for watercooled and £210(?) I think for air cooled - could an air cooled owner shout if this is not correct please.

Paid £230 last September...hope it's not gone up since! affraid
Back to top Go down
irishman

irishman

Cabin : Exec 003

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Just renewed the tax on my watercooled 12 months £145, you've been 'had' Kieth!
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 pm

irishman wrote:
Just renewed the tax on my watercooled 12 months £145, you've been 'had' Kieth!

It's due at the end of August so it's a while ago since I renewed it and the memory's not all that, getting old you know.

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
GeneGenie

Cabin : Economy

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 11:53 am

thanks for all the advice, one more for moment, is a budget of 26K reasonable?
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 12:19 pm

GeneGenie wrote:

More than enough for an aircooled, you won't find many watercooled around at that price though.
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 12:24 pm

GeneGenie wrote:

I would have thought perfectly reasonable for an aircooled and maybe a 2007/08 watercooled. You'll need to factor in some additional costs if there are any upgrades you might want (power steering, alloy wheels etc) and you'll need to kit it out with camping equipment and possibly an awning.

If you click on the Brazilian Kampers banner at the top of the page you can look at what they have for sale and have sold for your budget.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 1:05 pm

There's at least one air cooled for sale on here for less than that:

£17950 2003 aircooled excellent condition

Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi All,

I have a 2006 RHD Air-cooled Rio with 20k miles and power steering coming up for sale for £25k or £26k painted in any colour you want! Its lowered with alloys and is very clean...

Or i have some water-cooled models on the site at www.braziliankampers.co.uk , feel free to email me direct at ian@braziliankampers.co.uk

Ian.

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
jj123vw

jj123vw

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi Genegenie . A lot of our stock at Danbury Bristol sells before we manage to advertise it so if you are looking for a good Danbury I suggest you call Daniel on 01454 310000 and give him your wish list . He can then give you the heads up on new arrivals . All our camper vans come fully serviced , Danbury official Multi point check , new mot if required and 6 months parts and labour warranty . We are also Trading Standards approved for your peace of mind . Part exchange and low rate finance ( subject to status ) are also available . Thank you Very Happy
www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help and Guidance needed   Help and Guidance needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Help and Guidance needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: