www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
Next club meet: Camperjam 2017!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!

Share | 

Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beakyboy

Cabin : Flight 019

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:22 am

@Tallulah wrote:
I'm in!

Just registered and will figure out the how and where at some point next year.

@batman has also expressed a keen interest in joining the bikers next year - we might even convince him to ride in costume!!

Nice one matey , we've some ideas already , will discuss over a nice cold cider when i see you next buddy.

________________________________________________________________________________
Steve,  Jo  TigerLily and Carra the Child lovin' Golden Cocker  sunny
Back to top Go down
Als

Cabin : Exec 060

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:28 am

Where are you all registering? There seems to be a myriad of options?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nevillesadventures.com
beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:54 am

@Als wrote:
Where are you all registering? There seems to be a myriad of options?

Hi Angela , in my first post there is a link to where you need to register you should just click on that Very Happy

________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Als

Cabin : Exec 060

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:55 am

Oops sorry. Sleepy on a sunbed at mo - will look properly
Back to top Go down
http://www.nevillesadventures.com
beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:56 am

@Als wrote:
Oops sorry. Sleepy on a sunbed at mo - will look properly

It's no problem at all , lucky you, enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:09 pm

I've signed up.

I've a Brompton too but not really sure I fancy riding the 54 miles to Brighton on it. That's just pain for pain's sake.
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:46 pm

@Sunny wrote:
I've signed up.

I've a Brompton too but not really sure I fancy riding the 54 miles to Brighton on it. That's just pain for pain's sake.

Nice one Sunny great to have you onboard. We'll nail down the logistics ASAP.

Back to top Go down
Sunny

Cabin : Exec 050

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:18 am

Training has started..

Back to top Go down
beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Nice work Sunny, hope to be joining you in a few weeks. On the look out for a road bike now..

Back to top Go down
beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:37 am

Just to remind everybody that there is still time to join the team and participate in this year's London to Brighton bike ride.

This will be the third consecutive year that the Brazi-Bikers have taken part so if you fancy a gentle ride (apart from Ditchling Beacon) down to Brighton with us please sign up using the link below.

Back to top Go down
MrsHH

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:51 pm

This is such a good event, but I have chosen not to take part this year for various reasons which I will detail as it may help with organising a BraziBay sporting charity event next year:-

This is the 3rd consecutive year - I prefer a bit of variety (personal preference)

It is a big commitment not only to train which I have no problem with as I have been cycling rather than running since Jan this year every weekend, but to the weekend itself and the logistics and very early start.

It gets more difficult to obtain sponsorship for the same charity and event year on year and we lose sight of this I would suggest on an individual basis - it becomes just participative if we are not careful.

This is the only BraziBay big event that we do annually and it might be good for extended participation to try a different one.

I love mass events like this having joined in many over the last 15 years or so. These are just my own views and I hope that everyone taking part this year has a blast as we have done previously. Still here to support you all!

Keeeeeeeeeep cycling Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Such a shame MrsHH that you won't be joining us but I can understand why as your reasons are all extremely valid.

I haven't even started a just giving page for the reason you state, obtaining sponsorship every year is quite taxing and also I didn't want it to detract at all from the Sleepover Charity Auctions. I want to discuss this with fellow participants further before making a final decision.

The initial intention wasn't to make this a club 'event' it just gravitated that way over the last couple of years.

I did think that from next year we could look at 'local' events close to a forum members heart that we could join in with and support. For example, I know a number of us support our local hospice's by undertaking charity sporting events.

Certainly food for thought and worth a chat over a glass of something at the Sleepover (not that those who are in training will be drinking of course).

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:01 pm

As someone who did the Manchester to Blackpool 60 mile ride for at least 15 years on the bounce, I know exactly what you mean.

What started as two of us in the office doing it for fun became a massive commitment to provide funds for our local Hospice. We got our Office staff involved and as a business we still enter a team every year (albeit without my participation).

Hitting the same people for sponsorship every year gets more and more difficult, even with corporate requests to clients and suppliers. Asking friends and family every year is even harder.

What I do recall from every single year was the massive feeling of well being as we crossed the line in Blackpool - these are such feel good events in which to take part. Even Alison did it one year!

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Surfwagen Stan

Cabin : Exec 047

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Charity Saturation

My main event this year is London to Bruge, raising money for the my school. 255km over 2 days. I'm looking forward to the personal challenge but the main point is to raise funds for the school. The children designed a jersey and 22 of us will ride from the playground via Dover.

In preparation for that, I am riding from London to Brighton and back again. This is a Cancer Research charity ride, again there's the personal challenge but they will expect some fund raising.

Finally, there is the Brazibay Bikers, BHF London to Brighton run.

I will be spreading my request for sponsorship around and will need to be realistic about what targets I can achieve.

Is there a compulsory target we need to raise for the BHF? If we feel there's already a lot of fund raising going on, perhaps there's an opportunity to tweak our target.

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm

I've never felt that we had any obligation to raise funds for the L2B. It has just been fantastic that our community have supported us. Personally I see it as an achievement and a cracking day out with friends.

Sadly I won't be fit enough after surgery to ride this year.

Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com
beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Tim is correct there is no commitment to raise additional funds and it is a very enjoyable day out.

Neal let me know when you are passing through Dover and I'll pop down and cheer you on...

Back to top Go down
Surfwagen Stan

Cabin : Exec 047

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 pm

I suspect most of the charities cover their costs through the entrance fee and sponsorship. So any additional monies and publicity is a bonus. In the case of the BHF, part of their goal is getting people training and exercising, therefore reducing heart disease.

I've just paid my second of three instalments to the company arranging the London to Bruge event. Nearer the time, I'll know more about the logistics and when we'll be passing through Dover.

Back to top Go down
beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Wed May 17, 2017 1:59 pm

The BraziBikers will be departing Clapham Common at 7am on Sunday June 18th.

If anybody fancies a day out in Brighton , pop down and cheer us home Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:10 am

Good luck to our team riding this Sunday!! Well done for putting in the training time - Max and I look forward to seeing you both in Clapham and later in Brighton!! Very Happy

Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com
Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:09 am

My foot is much better now but I've not been able to train at all for the last 3 or 4 weeks so I'm not doing the ride this year.

Good luck to those that are, we may well be in Brighton to wave you over the finish line!

www.vdubcamperhire.com
Twitter: @tallulah_vw
Facebook: facebook.com/vdubcamperhire

Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.vdubcamperhire.com
harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:09 am

@Tallulah wrote:
My foot is much better now but I've not been able to train at all for the last 3 or 4 weeks so I'm not doing the ride this year.

Do you want to borrow my electric bike Keith !! Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:37 am

@harryhornet wrote:
@Tallulah wrote:

Do you want to borrow my electric bike Keith !! Razz Razz Razz

Tempting...

www.vdubcamperhire.com
Twitter: @tallulah_vw
Facebook: facebook.com/vdubcamperhire

Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.vdubcamperhire.com
beakyboy

PostSubject: Re: Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017   Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:25 am

Gutted you won't be able to join us Keith but your health must come first.

Myself and The Surfwagen Man himself look forward to a leisurely ride down to Brighton and catching up with you over a beer and a bite to eat afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Brazi Bikers 2017 - London to Brighton Bike Ride 18th June 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: Past Meets and Events-
Jump to: