www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Please complete your profile details?!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
Next club meet: KOMBI Kaper 2017!
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!
Become a site supporter - join the Executive Club!

Share | 

Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TimV
Admin

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:36 am

I'm at the planning stage of a kaper to the beautiful West Coast of Scotland.  This will be in the first 2 weeks of April.

It will definitely involve a stay at Loch Lomond.  The duration and other destinations will be determined by who wishes to come along and for how long.

If you'd like to be know more and potentially join this trip, please reply below. Basketball

Photo courtesy of www.sftphotography.co.uk

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportzKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
http://www.brazilianvwbay.forumotion.com
dazdub

Cabin : Exec 012

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:47 am

We both love Scotland put us on the list. 2 kombi kapers in 1 year happy days Smile
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Cabin : Exec 044

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:37 am

Eskdale Dubfest dates have now been set for March 31st to April 2nd 2017 if anyone is looking for a stop-off.
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:00 am

We're probably available from Sat 8th April but is does depend heavily on some other some going on.

Please keep us in the loop.

________________________________________________________________________________
www.vdubcamperhire.com
Twitter: @tallulah_vw
Facebook: facebook.com/vdubcamperhire

Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.vdubcamperhire.com
AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:48 am

Scotland in April? Not one for us I'm afraid particularly with water involved.

Sounds like a great trip for those aquatically inclined though.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Als

Cabin : Exec 060

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:19 am

we'd be available from the 8th as well as that's when most school Easter holidays will start I think
Back to top Go down
http://www.nevillesadventures.com
dazdub

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:39 am

@Voyager wrote:
Eskdale Dubfest dates have now been set for March 31st to April 2nd 2017 if anyone is looking for a stop-off.
we will def be doing Eskdale aswel
Back to top Go down
Dalesman

Cabin : Exec 009

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:57 am

@AbsintheKombi wrote:
Scotland in April? Not one for us I'm afraid particularly with water involved.

Sounds like a great trip for those aquatically inclined though.

Would mixing the water with a nice single malt make it more attractive Martin?

We're hoping to do the North Coast 500 later in the Spring so we'll pass thanks.

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:16 am

Oh, I'd never mix water with a Bruichladdich. It'd spoil both drinks!

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:13 pm

Easter starts on the 8th for us too. I'm not sure a week is long enough for Scotland but I'll keep in the loop.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Too early in the year for the Scooby two, but either way we are unlikely to have enough holiday next year for this trip (doo agree that a week would be too short)

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:17 pm

Given time constraints I'm seeing this as a 2 stop trip, so not expecting it to be a grand tour, more of a taster. I'm thinking a few days at Loch Lomond and then moving west to somewhere like Oban.

For those of us travelling from the South, it will also involve a stop somewhere along the way - Keswick perhaps.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
dazdub

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:30 pm

We stopped at luss when Tony and penny where looking after the site it is right on banks of Loch Lomond and was a very clean and well run site Smile
Back to top Go down
docmark

Cabin : Exec 022

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:46 pm

We are always keen to go to Scotland! - although April weather is very unpredictable - When we lived there we have had scorching sunshine but also snow at that time of year (not at the same time!)
The west coast has about three times the rainfall than the east coast I am told!
The camp site just north of Oban overlooks the sea with Mull out west - I think it is a caravan Club site but may not be exclusive. It is a sloping site and wheel ramps are needed - at least on the pitch we chose!
We have stopped at the T-Bay caravan site on journeys north - it is on the M6 half way up the Lakes and very convenient if just needing an overnight stop.
Back to top Go down
lilyvdub

Cabin : Exec 024

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:25 pm

ect: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Yesterday at 5:30 pm 

+Hi all ..just to let you know Luss at loch lomond is a camping and caravan club site and is a MEMBER only site..also as previously mentioned can/will be rather "cool " in April.
Lovely place ...but...."I'm ooot"

----

-

We stopped at luss when Tony and penny where looking after the site it is right on banks of Loch Lomond and was a very clean and well run site 
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:47 pm

@lilyvdub wrote:
ect: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Yesterday at 5:30 pm 

+Hi all ..just to let you know Luss at loch lomond is a camping and caravan club site and is a MEMBER only site..also as previously mentioned can/will be rather "cool " in April.
Lovely place ...but...."I'm ooot"

----

-

We stopped at luss when Tony and penny where looking after the site it is right on banks of Loch Lomond and was a very clean and well run site 

You've got jumpers haven't you?! lol!

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
lilyvdub

Cabin : Exec 024

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:17 pm

Hope you have a dry suit if taking jet ski..
Again just to remind you that Luss ccc site doesn't allow water craft to launch from site..Millarochy bay on the east side of loch does and takes non members ..
Back to top Go down
gordonmac

Cabin : Exec 029

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:46 am

I would like to come - no doubt May weather less risky than April but sometimes can get lucky and its great!

Im a big fan of Mull, if going to Oban - an hour on ferry only costs around £40 return for the Kombi. Its got whale watching, sea eagles, Staffa and Fingals cave and Iona - great campsite in fionnport. And amazing seafood.

Other option I always recommend is to go island hopping - ferry from oban to barra (calmat hopscotch ticket), then up through Uists to Harris and Lewis, back through Skye to Ullapool on mainland - takes about a week for that trip.
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:49 am

Having been through the deluge, and still enjoyed, what was the Northern Meet this year, I'm really not bothered about what the weather brings. It's more about the spirit of adventure and visiting somewhere new. As I've been told countless times by locals up there, 'we dress for the weather!' Very Happy

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland   Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:39 pm

@Dalesman wrote:
We're hoping to do the North Coast 500 later in the Spring

Scooby will watch with interest

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down

Kombi Kaper Spring 2017 - West Coast of Scotland
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: Out and About in your Brazilian Bus :: BraziBays On Tour-
Jump to: