brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Our new T2 -WU16 HWB

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deva.situnayake

Cabin : Club

Our new T2 -WU16 HWB Empty
PostSubject: Our new T2 -WU16 HWB   Our new T2 -WU16 HWB EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 9:18 am

Hi there - We are the proud new owners of a Danbury converted T2 campervan having bought one of the last 'new' conversions in August tho' he was built in Brazil in 2013. He is a deep metallic blue on white and hasnt got a name yet but as we are all boys in our house except for Gill, my wife, sexing wasnt difficult! He lives in Harborne in Birmingham and doesnt have a garage so sits inside a cover when he os not being used. We have a nice roof rack (hardwood), and decided to have the rack and pinion power assisted steering fitted to make life easier on the motorways and parking in small spaces.We have had our first trip in it down to Devon where we stayed at Putsborough sands, one of my favourite surfing beaches. The first night was wonderful and very exciting with our dog Ren. We have always longed for a campervan and have ogled many of them in North Devon at Saunton, Croyde and other places we frequent. We chose a Danbury after much thought about being able to look after and maintain a restored bay window or splittie but actually buying one was a spur of the moment decision when we saw him sitting in the factory. I dont think we will regret this decison and we are both looking forward to many happy hours travelling, surfing and chilling around the Uk and perhaps Europe when we are more confident. Driving him back to Brum for the first time was exciting to say the least! Even with the new steering rig he wanders a little but halfway back from Bristol i applied an old surfing tip which seemed to work wonders and enabled me to drive at 60 to 65 on the motorway it was simple but effective and involves always looking well ahead to where you want to go and not just in front of your surfboard/wobbly van! using this technique all the wandering seemed to stop with my arms responding automatically to slight deviations in direction of travel! changing gears is still a bit of a challenge but we are slowly learning our new friends driving habits. Waking up on a lovely morning at the crack of dawn in our very own campervan, seeing 2-4 foot clean surf at 6.30 am and beeing first in the sea and then eating our breakfast in comfort after - well i will treasure that memory with anticipation of many more to come.We would welcome some advice on fitting a roof rack to a pop top. What is the best way of doing it? We didnt get much useful advice from Danbury other than have a look at the other surfers and see what they have done. Is it ok to fit a roof rack to the pop top or better to find one that fits to the gutters? Allround so far our experience has been great - though i am hoping Danbury will sort out the very rusty spare wheel that we found on the spare wheel carrier at the first service - i have been told you dont get a spare Fuchs alloy wheel to match the others. Its great to be a new member of the brazibay community and we look forward to getting some useful tips from the experts!
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Our new T2 -WU16 HWB   Our new T2 -WU16 HWB EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 9:46 am

Welcome to the forum.

All the beaches in that area are superb. 2-4ft at Saunton is my fav

________________________________________________________________________________
Our new T2 -WU16 HWB Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
deva.situnayake

PostSubject: Re: Our new T2 -WU16 HWB   Our new T2 -WU16 HWB EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 9:52 am

Thanks for the welcome! Saunton at mid to high tide by the caves is great - hope we can meet for a surf sometime
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Our new T2 -WU16 HWB   Our new T2 -WU16 HWB EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 9:56 am

Great to have you with us. Puttsborough is one of my all time favourite beaches. Idyllic.

A few of us have fitted roof rails to the poptops, the best for carrying boards are those as fitted to @SurfwagenStan's Kombi. Have a look at his posts and you'll see how they work. Drop him a pm to see where he sourced them.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

Our new T2 -WU16 HWB Melogo11
Back to top Go down
deva.situnayake

PostSubject: Re: Our new T2 -WU16 HWB   Our new T2 -WU16 HWB EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks TimV!
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Our new T2 -WU16 HWB   Our new T2 -WU16 HWB EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi & Welcome to the Forum
Hope to see you at an event in due course

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our new T2 -WU16 HWB   Our new T2 -WU16 HWB Empty

Back to top Go down

Our new T2 -WU16 HWB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: Your Brazilian VW Bay-
Jump to: