brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Ukulele - doo you doo?

Go down 
+6
timmm
Tallulah
harryhornet
kiteman
Bumble
Scooby
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

Ukulele - doo you doo? Empty
PostSubject: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Hey Guys
Scooby has had for a number of years a nice light blue Ukulele, without being able to play it.
This needs to change as I want to be able to play it by next summer - need some pressure applied!
I am therefore looking for your tips and best/easiest lessons available on line.
The tune I would like to be able to play is Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
(and possibly What A Wonderful World - or even combining the two - see below).
If I doo manage to play this tune I thought all you other Ukulele players out there might like to join me at the Kombi Sleepover for an impromtu rendition or two?
Let us know your thoughts.
Roo b Roo
jocolor

________________________________________________________________________________
Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 7:34 pm

You gonna sing like that too, Scoobs?

P.
Back to top Go down
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 9:10 pm

YouTube is your best place for uke tutorials. There are loads of uks tabs out there as well, Google is your friend

________________________________________________________________________________
Ukulele - doo you doo? Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 9:20 pm

I remember the 'Bessy Blue' crew playing the Ukulele at the Northern meet this year and they were fab!
Back to top Go down
Tallulah

Tallulah

Cabin : Flight 011

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 am

Team Tallulah joined in with a Ukulele flash mob at Camper Calling this year and for the last few years there has been a Ukulele jamming session at CamperJam too.

Let me speak with the team.....

www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Twitter: @AlpineGrove
Facebook: facebook.com/alpinegrovetouringpark
                                                      Former owners of the amazing Tallulah (2011 to 2021)
Proud winners of Spikes Trophy, 2016.
Freedom, in style...
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinegrovetouringpark.com
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 9:00 am

Bumble wrote:
You gonna sing like that too, Scoobs?

P.

Let's start with playing the Ukulele first, the howling can come later Wink
Roo b Roo
jocolor

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 9:02 am

kiteman wrote:
YouTube is your best place for uke tutorials. There are loads of uks tabs out there as well, Google is your friend

There doo seem to be a few tutorials out there - guess it will be a case of selecting one I am comfortable with!

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 9:02 am

harryhornet wrote:
I remember the 'Bessy Blue' crew playing the Ukulele at the Northern meet this year and they were fab!

Doo agree Smile

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 9:03 am

Tallulah wrote:
Team Tallulah joined in with a Ukulele flash mob at Camper Calling this year and for the last few years there has been a Ukulele jamming session at CamperJam too.

Let me speak with the team.....

We nearly always meant to attend at each Camperjam but never did Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 10:02 am

let us know - and we can dust the yellow - similarly never played - ukelele off
Back to top Go down
timmm

timmm

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 11:40 am

Best pale definitely s YouTube . 
Just put in the song you require to learn and uke tutorial or uke tabs or uke chords next to it and loads will pop up.
Or... google   ukulele mike somewhere over the rainbow and it will take you to his link on you tube where he has tons of tunes to learn for beginners...

Timmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.standrewsmotors.co.uk
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Als wrote:
let us know - and we can dust the yellow - similarly never played - ukelele off

Who'd of thought colour coding would extend to musical instruments? Laughing

Maybe that's why ours is light blue Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 12:27 pm

timmm wrote:
Best pale definitely s YouTube . 
Just put in the song you require to learn and uke tutorial or uke tabs or uke chords next to it and loads will pop up.
Or... google   ukulele mike somewhere over the rainbow and it will take you to his link on you tube where he has tons of tunes to learn for beginners...

Thanks for the info - will need to take a long look at what is available.

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 12:28 pm

Alison has asked for one for her Xmas present - she'll think I've forgotten but I'm like an elephant...

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 12:32 pm

AbsintheKombi wrote:
Alison has asked for one for her Xmas present - she'll think I've forgotten but I'm like an elephant...

Big and Grey? Laughing

Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Scooby wrote:
Big and Grey? Ukulele - doo you doo? Icon_lol

You forgot to mention the ears...

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
kiteman

kiteman

Cabin : Exec 002

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 8:35 pm

Scooby wrote:
kiteman wrote:

There doo seem to be a few tutorials out there - guess it will be a case of selecting one I am comfortable with!

A good song to learn is Cockney Melody.

http://ozbcoz.com/Songs/song.php?ID=3387

Has some simple chords and is a good sing along

Ukulele - doo you doo? Img_4810

Ginger man without a ginger van  sunny
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 9:29 am

kiteman wrote:
Scooby wrote:
kiteman wrote:

A good song to learn is Cockney Melody.

http://ozbcoz.com/Songs/song.php?ID=3387

Has some simple chords and is a good sing along

OK Guv'nor, might give it go Wink

Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

Cabin : Exec 074

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 10:41 pm

Ok, first things first:
1. You have to practice every bloomin day. Assuming you will do this move on to No 2.
2. It's just a wee guitar with the bottom two strings missing which makes it a little easier so any guitar chords you see can be used but just the highest 4 strings.
3. You are going to have to work up to 'Somewhere over the rainbow'. I looked at the chords and it's not a basic song. Quite a lot of work to get there. Wonderful world is not that easy either.
4. So learn the basic chords, obviously learn how to tune the Uke. Get some easy songs off pat.
5. Playing slowly correctly is better than playing fast and making mistakes.
6. PRACTICE ! you are going to need to know a dozen or so chords and be able to change between them quickly so it will not happen without effort.
7. Get it in tune and learn G and G7. Very easy one finger chords. Then add in D then C.

ps: I have a little cheap Mahalo Uke (deep blue) which I sometimes play when I'm not on one of my 15 or so guitars.

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 10:27 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked

OK thanks for the info - maybe I need a little more time Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 11:57 am

Scooby wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked

OK thanks for the info - maybe I need a little more time Wink Laughing

and remember to put the uke somewhere in sight so you pick it up. Get those first few chords and you will fly

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down
sundialsoft

sundialsoft

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 5:26 pm

TUNING: I looked up Uke tuning. Turns out they are tuned differently to guitars so my comment about using guitar chords and dropping off the bottom two strings is wrong (unless you tune the Uke like me as if it's a guitar).

I see that somewhere over/wonderful life is a well known Uke medley with lessons available.

Anyway, sorry for the duff gen

what is best in life ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 7:18 pm

I have a beginner book. I could scan and email?
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 8:52 am

Als wrote:
I have a beginner book. I could scan and email?

Doo like the sound of that - will PM email address. Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 9:58 am

My music teacher at school has been tasked to write down the chords for 'over the rainbow' as requested

If you would like a copy pm me your email and I'll send as soon as she has finished.

Have just learnt how to scan straight to email from the school photocopier so should be a doddle!

sleepover ukulele flash mob - step 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ukulele - doo you doo?   Ukulele - doo you doo? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ukulele - doo you doo?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: The Usual Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: