brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
damianc

Cabin : Economy

kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition Empty
PostSubject: New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition   kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi Everyone Damian here, and i have a last edition Kombi thats finally landed from Brazil! i bought number 371 almost 2 years ago and its been parked at my in laws there since, held up by strikes at the Docks in Brazil before arriving here a month ago!
Norah is stored at present as i can't see anywhere to get type approval, and danbury will only do their own...any advice,pointers and experience welcome. i did look for a similar thread but couldn't find. Hopefully once on the road can join you!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition   kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 8:23 pm

damianc wrote:

Norah is stored at present as i can't see anywhere to get type approval, and danbury will only do their own...any advice,pointers and experience welcome. i did look for a similar  thread but couldn't find. Hopefully once on the road can join you!

If you have brought your Kombi in as a Personal Import, you should be able to get it approved in a different way to the majority. However I think you will need to have it here for a minimum of 6 months before you can proceed with that process. Frustrating, but I am aware of another LE that has come in via that route.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition Melogo11
Back to top Go down
dizzylizard

dizzylizard

Cabin : Exec 018

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition   kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 9:42 pm

Not sure on the Regs now, but I can't see why you can't get an IVA (I had to get something similar for a kit car I built, all it involved was getting it examined at a DVLA test station and they issued a registration document)

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/individual-vehicle-approval
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition   kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 9:51 pm

dizzylizard wrote:
Not sure on the Regs now, but I can't see why you can't get an IVA (I had to get something similar for a kit car I built, all it involved was getting it examined at a DVLA test station and they issued a registration document)

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/individual-vehicle-approval

It's not that simple I'm afraid dizzy!!

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition Melogo11
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition   kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 am

Great news that you have finally got your Last Edition Kombi to the UK
Perhaps not so good news about type approval.
Either way welcome to the Forum
Hope you get the paperwork resolved soon so your adventures with Nora can begin

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
damianc

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition   kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Thanks ALL, didn't expect an easy answer. Ideally would like an alternative to danbury for type approval
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition   kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 2:54 pm

You will have go through IVA, this is very costly and timely!

Ian

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
damianc

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition   kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Thanks Ian are you aware of any one that does this?
Back to top Go down
Ianvwk

Ianvwk

Cabin : Business

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition   kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 8:02 am

Morning Damianc,

If you would like to call me today on 01273 493032 or my mobile 07845684323 i will be able to have a chat with you about your options.

Many Thanks

Ian

Brazilian Kampers Ltd

www.vwkampers.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://Www.braziliankampers.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition   kombi - New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition Empty

Back to top Go down

New member, New Kombi- norah, last edition
Page 1 of 1