brazilianvwbay.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.brazilianvwkombi.com

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Got a query? Please use the Search Function to find the answers!
14 years of BraziBay fun!!
We're all about the volkswagenT2kombi
It's smiles more fun in a BraziBay!

Insurance

Go down 
+17
T2D2
babister
Dee James
Dennis
Bumble
Tony880
daveb101
Voyager
Scooby
BigDubblya
Rachelvw
Ronnie Ringding
AbsintheKombi
greenjc90
beakyboy
Tallulah
bob k
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
T2D2

T2D2

Cabin : Exec 085

insurance - Insurance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 5:36 pm

They were very competitive price wise but Only cover you up to £500 for habitation which didn't seem enough. So went with comfort in the end Smile

________________________________________________________________________________
bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BigDubblya

BigDubblya

Cabin : Exec 041

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 3:10 pm

We've just taken out an Admiral policy. It was £210 cheaper than my Highway renewal quote and I was able to use their online application form.

My other vehicle is insured with them but we couldn't get the Multi-Car policy discount because they class our campers as vans.
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 3:25 pm

I think I'll get a quote off Admiral when we are due for renewal. We are currently with Scenic because we wanted to insure our adult children, and Scenic gave us a quote for any driver over 25, whereas other companies asked for huge premiums for including them as named drivers. We have our cars insured with Admiral, because they allow up to 6 named drivers, and also allow named drivers to accumulate no-claims discounts, which is really useful for new drivers, and also those who don't own a car themselves.
Back to top Go down
BigDubblya

BigDubblya

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 4:06 pm

We have a new young driver in the family and that was why we used Admiral for our car insurance. We opted for the Little Black Box tracker to be fitted as he was learning and that gained us extra discount for good driving. The savings on the car and the camper really impressed us especially as we have a London postcode. Every pound counts now especially as the mortgages are starting to go up!
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

Cabin : Flight 001

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 6:35 pm

BigDubblya wrote:
We have a new young driver in the family and that was why we used Admiral for our car insurance. We opted for the Little Black Box tracker to be fitted as he was learning and that gained us extra discount for good driving. The savings on the car and the camper really impressed us especially as we have a London postcode. Every pound counts now especially as the mortgages are starting to go up!

So is your new young driver also covered on the Braz? I'm heading into that situation next month.

________________________________________________________________________________
Max SportsKombi - The Bay Racer Wink
@brazilianvwbay

insurance - Insurance - Page 2 Melogo11
Back to top Go down
BigDubblya

BigDubblya

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 pm

No, just on our car's policy as the premium increased to £1250 (and only as a named driver). Admiral will allocate NCBs to all drivers named on their policies so when he's earned enough NCBs and has had more experience I'll add him to the Braz, in a few years time.

Why don't you find out by using their online quote service. It'll be cheaper if you opt for their free Little Black box tracker. But whatever you decide to do, it'll be expensive : (
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Scooby

Cabin : Flight 004

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 7:07 pm

The Scooby renewal quote from Adrian Flux is only £219.00 cheers
5K limited mileage per year and comprehensive cover
No break down cover (have it elsewhere)
No overseas cover

If the above was not enough, we also get this year a £100.00 credit from Adrian Flux after winning the Brazi Bay on-line auction item back in May cheers cheers cheers

Proud winners of Spike's Trophy 2017

bounce Scooby - Born To Run  bounce
Back to top Go down
Voyager

Voyager

Cabin : Flight 044

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 1:49 pm

We have just changed from Scenic to Admiral. We initially insured with Scenic because they covered any driver over 25, and this included our 3 children. When we received our renewal documents the premium was increased by £25. No particular surprise there, but when I called to see what the premium would be if we removed the any driver cover, I was told that they no longer offered it anyway. There was no mention of that in any of the documents sent to us, which just mentioned two named drivers with no reference to any others. Check your small print!

We have now added the van to our Admiral multi-car insurance, with 5 named drivers. Admiral's menus do not find the registration number, but were capable of finding the vehicle as a VW T2 Danbury, 1.4 litre petrol, first registered 2011. I paid a premium of about £148 to cover until our December renewal date, which pro-ratas to about £330 per annum, of which £100 is European Roadside Recovery.
Back to top Go down
daveb101

daveb101

Cabin : Club

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 3:18 pm

That's good to know. We tried with admiral and they told us they could not cover it.
Back to top Go down
Tony880

Tony880

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Liverpool Victoria £210 for Ruby Fully Comp/Protected. UK/Eire Roadside and Homestart Etc
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 9:58 pm

daveb101 wrote:
That's good to know.  We tried with admiral and they told us they could not cover it.  

I'll try them when ours expires in September; we already have a multi car deal with them.

P.
Back to top Go down
T2D2

T2D2

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 9:25 am

daveb101 wrote:
That's good to know. We tried with admiral and they told us they could not cover it.

when we looked in October I believe we came to the conclusion they cover the vehicle but not the conversion (i.e the habitable bit).

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Cabin : Exec 033

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 am

Try just kampers under 200 and an agreed evaluation of 30000. Tim
Back to top Go down
Dee James

Dee James

Cabin : Exec 086

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 11:24 am

Just re insured sully, Just Kampers did (after a few attempts) beat my renewal but when I went to sign up told me they needed proof of transferable 9 years no claims which I told them I didn't have as the other cars are in my wife's name and proof the immobiliser was to thatcham 2 spec which I told them numerous times I did n't know if that was the case . . .

I should add the agro was probably down to the person I delt with rather than just Kampers but In the end I renewed with Comfort and annoyingly didn't qualify for their voucher scheme as the quote was lower.

Last edited by Dee James on Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
babister

babister

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Comfort just told me they wouldn't insure Arfa as he doesn't have a cooker inside!! How bizarre!
Back to top Go down
Bumble

Bumble

Cabin : Exec 049

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 4:26 pm

babister wrote:
Comfort just told me they wouldn't insure Arfa as he doesn't have a cooker inside!! How bizarre!

scratch There's lots our there who will.

As well as the usual recommendations on here, I'd also add Highway (part of LV), with whom we've been for the last year.

Around £230 per year, including European and UK breakdown, for 8,000 miles. Basketball

P.
Back to top Go down
babister

babister

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Just Kampers seem to be coming in at the £230 mark, so looks like I will be going with them this year!
Back to top Go down
T2D2

T2D2

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Just kampers quote over £1700......
Think we will be going with comfort for 600!!

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 3:10 pm

T2D2 wrote:

WHAT???!!! Do you have celebrities in your camper on a regular basis?

How come your premium is coming in so high??

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 3:25 pm

T2D2 wrote:

Even £600 is very high. Why so high?
Back to top Go down
T2D2

T2D2

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 am

TimV wrote:
How come your premium is coming in so high??

Unfortunately My car had an argument with the rear end of a lorry last year and I lost!!

bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Missechop

PostSubject: Insurance?    insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 9:02 pm

Suggestions for decent insurance companies please. Thank you in advance
Back to top Go down
harryhornet

harryhornet

Cabin : Exec 027

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:58 am

Lots of relatively up to date info here -

Insurance
Back to top Go down
AbsintheKombi

AbsintheKombi

Cabin : Exec 013

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 4:05 pm

I’ve been sorting my insurance out ahead of an upcoming renewal with A Plan. They use Markerstudy and I’ve been with them for 2 years. I’m not keen on Gibraltar based insurers but, having previously insured Absinthe on our company Fleet policy, I needed to insure in my own name and Dan at A Plan came up with the best deal, plus as Show sponsors they give a bit back to the VW community.

My premium hasn’t changed over the two years but I knew I’d be able to do better this year.

I’ve had 3 very similar quotes, all around the £260 mark, compared with A Plan at £358. One is from the Camping and Caravan Club but, again, is with Markerstudy, so I’ve ruled them out.

One is from Comfort, using Aviva and I was tempted but have decided to use the quote from Devitt on behalf of the Caravan and Motorhome Club. The insurer is Ageas, who I know pretty well and their Accidental Damage excess is £100 compared with Aviva’s £200. I also feel as though I’m supporting the CAMC as well by using them.

I’ve discussed the various modifications that we have on Absinthe with all the brokers and on more than one occasion I’ve had to get them to confirm separately that they’d notified the insurers involved. I’ve got them to note the Tow Bar, Tinted Windows, Litesteer EPS and the additional seating we’ve got following the fitting of our swivel bench seat.

I can’t stress enough how important it is to make sure that not only have you advised insurers about any mods, but also that you’ve got some sort of confirmation that they’ve noted them. This is particularly true if you rarely change insurers as your broker may have noted it at inception of your first policy but could fail to pick it up when providing renewal quotes.

Insurers WILL look for ways to avoid or reduce your claim if they can. Far better to avoid problems than trying to solve them after the event.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Blog: C13MPR

Finalist in the Caravan Club Caravanner of the Year Competition 2016

Star Kombi Winner 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.c13mpr.com
TimV
Admin
TimV

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 4:48 pm

Wise words @absinthekombi.

My Bug is insured with Aegeus via the Just Kampers brokerage.

@brazilianvwbay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insurance   insurance - Insurance - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Insurance
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
brazilianvwbay.com :: KOMBI Katalogue :: Bay Related Products-